Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2016, 13:38   #1
BHPian

<Looks around> - So where is everybody?

Hello Everyone!

DJ checking in. I make other people sell software for my daily bread (& cheese).
I have been following the forum for many years now and have gone through two rounds of filling up the questions before getting admitted. Finally, I am here. So; where is everybody?
I have been managing global markets for more than a decade now and will try to bring my perspective from a sales & marketing angle to contribute to relevant discussions.
My 8 yo son is a budding car nut and he browses the forum whenever he can get his hands on my phone. I suspect he is too young to become a member yet
I have been a Maruti Suzuki guy for a long time. 4 cars so far. The last one is getting a bit long in the tooth so am in the market for a D segment sedan. Hopefully the search will end soon. So far I am underwhelmed by the variety on offer.
I look forward to interacting with the community.
DJ
pickdj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 11:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: <Looks around> - So where is everybody?

Welcome DJ! Fantastic to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
to bring my perspective from a sales & marketing angle to contribute to relevant discussions.
Looking forward . I'm a marketing guy myself.

Quote:
My 8 yo son is a budding car nut and he browses the forum whenever he can get his hands on my phone
Do show him our photo gallery too . He'll love this section.

Quote:
so am in the market for a D segment sedan
Get the Jetta. It's a true all-rounder with solid build, great diesel, 6-speed MT, sorted ride & handling & cabin space.

Quote:
So far I am underwhelmed by the variety on offer
Can't blame the manufacturers! D1-sedan sales have been falling since quite a while - related link. It's the main reason why we don't have the new Cruze or Civic on sale in India.

Hope to see a comment or two from you on the September sales thread.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 22:28   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome !
Quote:
So; where is everybody?
Everybody ? Well @ lunch time yesterday that would have been few thousands - may be a score at least !

Looks like we have a future Team-BHP-ian there. Reminds me of this pic from a past Auto-Expo:

<Looks around> - So where is everybody?-38003_1561079989916_3271256_n.jpg

Enjoy !
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 22:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone!

DJ checking in. I make other people sell software for my daily bread (& cheese)...
Welcome on board!

Quote:
...I have been following the forum for many years now and have gone through two rounds of filling up the questions before getting admitted. Finally, I am here. So; where is everybody?..
We are all around; may be the weekend hangover setting in.

Quote:
...My 8 yo son is a budding car nut and he browses the forum whenever he can get his hands on my phone. I suspect he is too young to become a member yet...
It's a great place for the kids to be around with all the high value rules the forum adheres to. Hopefully he comes across all the good things to learn by the time he is 18.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks