Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 22:57   #1
BANNED

Hi, Ashwin here!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Ashwin from Kollam, Kerala but I currently work at Kochi, Kerala. From a career perspective I'm into learning and development for a big four company, but automobiles(not all of them) have captivated my dreams and thoughts for a while now, it all started in 2009 with my first car the Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo LXi(F10D), I loved driving its all I wanted to do but being a student monetary constraints kept be chained to chauffeuring family around and short grocery runs, that's how things were till 2011 when I got my first motorcycle the Hero Honda Karizma R, my longest haul on it was a 1360 KM's run in 27 hours the experience left me hallucinating due to dehydration but it was a learning experience indeed.

Next to follow was my Bajaj Discover 100 4G in 2014, this is the motorcycle that taught me a lot about motorcycling cause it was sparingly used for what it was built for and was mostly used to be an inter-state tourer, from Kollam to Bangalore (700~800KM's depending on the route) and more three to four times a month, I also did my internship runs on this motorcycle from Kollam to Trissur and back(460 KM's) two to three times a week, but nearing the end of my stay in Bangalore I had traded her for a 2015 Bajaj Pulsar 220F which took on the job without breaking a sweat.

Soon after I got a Job at Kochi and I got a 2015 TVS Wego, which became my trusty inter-district tourer from Kollam - Kochi (170 KM's), I attended a motorcycling G2G at Ooty with it, and also managed to take it to Wayanad during which I ended up with some road-rash due to a careless driver failing to turn on his blinkers, though I managed to complete the ride my family coerced me to graduate to cars and that's how I ended up with my pre-worshiped 2005 Maruti Suzuki Zen VX(G10B), which in turn is the reason why I re-registered here(and got in, yay!), my first attempt was somewhere in 2009, there were several attempts in between(honestly lost count), and then finally is 2016, I'm part of the most knowledge rich automotive forum in India.

So that's all about me folks.
ashwinprakas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 23:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hi, Ashwin here!

Welcome, Ashwin ! You look to have capitalized on any opportunity that came your way to ride the bikes ! The memories from those rides are not going to go away easily ..
And considering the number of bikers here, I wont be surprised if you pick up a good bike before you change your car ! :-)

Wishing you a happy journey on TBHP !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 19:27   #3
BANNED

re: Hi, Ashwin here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Welcome, Ashwin ! You look to have capitalized on any opportunity that came your way to ride the bikes ! The memories from those rides are not going to go away easily ..
And considering the number of bikers here, I wont be surprised if you pick up a good bike before you change your car ! :-)

Wishing you a happy journey on TBHP !
Thank you Condor,not a fan of big bikes nothing against them and call me old-school but I prefer not to ride or go near anything I fail to have a connection with and nothing connects with me better than a single cylinder, SOHC, 2 valve motorcycle, I'm a die-hard fan of motorcycles that run off motors having the 'Honda Cub' lineage but since I'm on the 'Really Heavier' side I decided to settle with the below for my touring needs.

Hi, Ashwin here!-1.jpg

But I'm here to explore a different side of my passion for automobiles, the four wheeled type, and what better way to start than learn from the Zen.

Hi, Ashwin here!-2.jpg

P.S Its been a while since I've actively participated in an online forum, so please do advise if you feel that my posts do not confirm to the accepted standards.

Last edited by GTO : 7th November 2016 at 11:17. Reason: Re-uploading images as attachments :)
ashwinprakas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 16:27   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hi, Ashwin here!

Hi Ashwin,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board. From your post, it is clear that you have travelled a lot on two-wheelers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
though I managed to complete the ride my family coerced me to graduate to cars and that's how I ended up with my pre-worshiped 2005 Maruti Suzuki Zen VX(G10B)
I guess this happens with many guys at some point of time. Still, the old Zen is a fun car. You can never get bored of it. We will look forward to an ownership review of the car in the days to come.

Do take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules. See you on the forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks