Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2016, 22:05   #1
APV
BHPian

Hello from Coimbatore

Hello Everyone,
What a day today! I have been running around banks since morning due to the recent demonetisation drive and reached home exhausted(with money of course) in the evening. But I was fully energised seeing a mail with the subject 'Team Bhp Membership approved' in my inbox. I was absolutely delighted & immediately ran downstairs to my wife & Mom to show off . Thank you moderators for approving my request.

About me - My name is Prabu, I work for a software company in Coimbatore. I have been following Team BHP since my Bangalore days ( stayed there from 2003 to 2010, with two trips to UK in 2006 and 2007) and relocated to hometown in 2010 to stay with Parents.

I started following Team-BHP around 2007 - 2008 after I bought my first car (Swift VXI) while I was in Bangalore. I had to switch to a TN registration diesel car (after relocation) as Petrol costs where going beyond my budgets continuously.

So the search began, I prepared a list of cars that would suit my requirements, compared them & finally ended by buying Etios GD in Mar 2012. I regret buying a model with out ABS & Airbags despite following Team-BHP(had my own reasons then) and I hope to correct that mistake at the earliest. But of-course I was heavily influenced by GTO's review on the Petrol model, Vid6639's review on Diesel model & BHpian Amalji's ownership thread. Thank you all for helping me make the right choice.

I hope to learn a lot more about automobiles from this forum & pitch in with my little knowledge wherever possible.

Happy revving
Prabu
APV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 23:04   #2
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello from Coimbatore

Welcome to the forum Prabhu.
Please do share your ownership experiences with the Etios. Also, living in Coimbatore means that you have a lot of options when it comes to visiting places around Tamil Nadu and Kerala and even parts of Karnataka. Hope you have traveled to places around and will be nice if you share those experiences too.

Do take a look at the forum rules and enjoy your stay here, look forward to seeing you on the forum.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 07:15   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome , Prabhu.

Nice to see another Etios Diesel owner on board :-)
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 11:43   #4
APV
BHPian

@ NPV - I will share my Etios ownership experience. I have kept track of every possible update on my car. Living in Coimbatore enables me to travel to Kerala & Karnataka little easier, will share my travel experiences too. Thanks.

@Vigsom - Thank you for the warm welcome.
Old 12th November 2016, 12:11   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
I hope to learn a lot more about automobiles from this forum & pitch in with my little knowledge wherever possible.
And more importantly I hope you will treat us with a lot of green Coimbattore snaps and travelogues all around. Silent Valley, Bhavani Sagar, Attapadi, Mudumalai etc etc .

Welcome to the forum.
PS: We are also never tired of Ooty!

Last edited by ampere : 12th November 2016 at 12:17.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 12:28   #6
APV
BHPian

@Ampere : sure thing sir. Yes there are lot of places within a day's drive from Coimbatore that would make us visit again & again.

Have visited Ooty for a cup of tea few times and I am not alone, the list of folks who do this for sheer pleasure of driving is quite long. Will share my experience & pictures too.

Thank you for the warm welcome
APV is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks