Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2016, 22:00   #1
BHPian

Introduction? Check

Hello Team-BHP,

My name is Madhav Nayak and I hail from Bangalore. Before you are forced to read the following, I apologise for the lengthy introduction - I have never been one for brevity. So, I hope you enjoy reading and that you find the following a little entertaining, to say the least.

About 5 years ago, when I was taking baby steps into the world of enthusiast motorists, I had applied for a membership, aspiring to be a part of Team-BHP. The moment I started filling in my application form, I knew that my request would be rejected. I still filled the form up and told myself that if I didn't get the membership that time, I would only apply again when I felt I was ready for it.

5 years ago, I was a just teenager wanting to be a part of the cool new hobby I'd found. Today I am a 24 y/o, trying to run my own company and finally, I know what it takes to even be part of Team-BHP. I'd like to begin this journey by confessing how humbling it is to be in the company - even virtually - of such hardcore enthusiasts and distinguished people. Everyone on this forum is here because of one reason - their ardent love for vehicles. The quality of information and interaction that I have had the good fortune of observing over the last 5 years on Team-BHP, has really helped me with a lot of my own thirst for knowledge.

A little about myself - I have a degree in Electronics and Communication from VTU, which I frankly have no use for - my interest in the field is lacklustre at best. I worked for two years at Amazon.com and realised the job was slowly taking over my life. I dropped the job 2 days after this realisation. For the last 6 months, I've been doing two things - trying to prepare for CAT(which doesn't seem to interest me the least bit) and trying to keep my company afloat. I've met with some mild success in either endeavour. Suffice to say that I am a very confused young man.

What I do know for sure is - I am a biker at heart. I love my bikes and they take priority over any 4 wheeler/6 wheeler/2 winger of the world. If given the opportunity, I'd love to have a career in a field related to motorcycles. Only recently have I developed an interest in cars - specifically after I had the money to fuel the family car for my trips. After spending the last two years, clocking 6,000 of the 22,000 Kilometers on my car, I realised I haven't the faintest idea about how to take care of my car. I began digging through Team-BHP for more information about cars and remembered that I had promised myself that I would apply for a membership when I was ready. I felt ready, so I filled up the form and received a confirmation 6 days later - which was sometime last week.

Right now, my greatest interest is in travel. I love it so much, that with my friends I opened an adventure-travel based company called On Rustic Routes. My mission is to promote travel as a way of life. IMHO, travelling and seeing new places is meant to be a soul changing experience. Looking at the most popular places a "destination" has to offer, just doesn't cut it. I love to immerse myself in the local culture, know the people, hear about the past, present and future of the "destination" from the locals, taste the local cuisine and experience life as it is at the "destination". That, is what it means to truly travel. Other than travel, I love clicking photos, reading books(currently trying my hand at satire - suggestions welcome) and - the latest addition to my list of hobbies - cooking.

I've had the pleasure of driving 2 cars in the long-term - a used Maruti 800, which I drove for 6 months and my current car, a 2011 1.2L Hyundai i20 magna. My experience with the i20 has been nothing short of marvellous - the car has it's limitations, but is rather capable to begin with. I also get to drive my friends' Maruti Ertiga and Ford Figo, frequently. Of course, I have never actually owned a car myself. I currently have one bike in my stable - a 2011 Honda CB Twister, which I take care of like a brother. The bike is in top condition, albeit needing a detailing job soon. Till 6 months ago, I also had a 2012 TVS Apache RTR 180 ABS, which I bought on a loan from my parents. I am proud to say, that the the bike came under my full ownership in January 2015 and I took the decision to sell it off in May 2016, to make space for the Ninja 300 that I will be gifting myself for my birthday next month! I recently had the opportunity to drive a Jeep Wrangler(belonged to a very rich friend) and fell in love with it instantly. As usual, I came home and fell down the abyss of internet research on the Jeep Wrangler and decided that, if and when the Rubicon Hard Rock comes to India, I would love to own one.

I hope I haven't bored you to death. I really hope I have something more meaningful than this introduction to contribute to Team-BHP. Apologies and thanks in advance.
Madhav Nayak is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 23:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Introduction? Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhav Nayak View Post
I hope I haven't bored you to death. I really hope I have something more meaningful than this introduction to contribute to Team-BHP. Apologies and thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum Madhav. Its great to see folks who have a broader outlook on life. Travel definitely liberates one on that aspect. Here on the forum you will find a treasure trove of resources and experiences which can keep one amazed for times to come. Hope you will share yours!

Please do also note while here on introduction you can mention about your commercial interests. But the forum does not allow one to use it for his/her commercial gains.

Welcome again!
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Welcome to the forum Madhav. Its great to see folks who have a broader outlook on life. Travel definitely liberates one on that aspect. Here on the forum you will find a treasure trove of resources and experiences which can keep one amazed for times to come. Hope you will share yours!

Please do also note while here on introduction you can mention about your commercial interests. But the forum does not allow one to use it for his/her commercial gains.

Welcome again!
Duly noted, and thank you. As I say in my introduction, being accepted into the forum is a matter of pride for me. I had and have no intentions of marring the experience with business. You know what they say - Don't mix business with pleasure.

I have been drawing on the forum's large number of detailed travelogues for years already, now I have the opportunity to participate and share some of my experiences too! I'm really looking forward to this new superpower I've got!
Madhav Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:46   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I am only responding because of the profile picture.....
No, Just kidding!
Welcome to the forum. So you are the person who quit the lines and traveled that we keep reading about on our facebook timelines.
Old 23rd November 2016, 20:04   #5
BHPian

Re: Introduction? Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I am only responding because of the profile picture.....
No, Just kidding!
Welcome to the forum. So you are the person who quit the lines and traveled that we keep reading about on our facebook timelines.
I can only hope to be that person! So many places yet to be experienced! The day my name pops up on your facebook timeline for real, is the day I can say mission accomplished!
Old 24th November 2016, 13:55   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Introduction? Check

Another biker joins Team-BHP. We need more people like you to balance the act on the forum

Btw,Interesting and lovely Introduction

Welcome and enjoy your stay here and look forward to seeing you around the bike sections
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks