Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 22:34   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP!

Thank you moderators for letting me in.

Driving for me is some form of inner peace. I frequently go out on solo long drives without any destination in mind. Just crank up the engine and start driving. To just be on the road. Whenever time permits I drive for a few hundred kilometres and then take a U-turn to head back. Helps me connect to my inner self.

Some of the drives where I did have a destination in mind include Mumbai to - Pune, Kolhapur, Bangalore, Mysore, Coorg, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Ratnagiri, Ganpatipule, Goa, Chennai, Pondicherry, Nasik, Surat, Ahmedabad and Jaisalmer. Many of them on multiple occasions. Thanks to fellow member contributions with tons of information on routes etc. on this forum, all of these drives were silky smooth.

It feels wonderful to be a part of this amazing community. Sections that I particularly like are the exhaustive reviews, ownership threads, travelogues, route updates and 4x4 section.

My first and current car is a Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT (2015 model) in super white colour. I consciously bought this in February 2016 after looking at the 2016 model which was launched in other markets at that time, as I prefer the previous design to the current one. I did not consider any other vehicle or took test drives other than that of Fortuner. Such are the exhaustive official and ownership reviews on this forum. Reading on the ODO right now is just shy of 35,000 kms of which 90% has been on tarmac and 10% off it. I intend to balance that out this year.

I look forward to contribute in travelogue and 4x4 section the most. I also wish to create ownership threads of my current and future vehicles that I own.

I'm an Electrical Engineer + badminton player and have cofounded couple of startups that I'm currently running.

Cheers!
ragh_bhushan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 00:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Welcome to the forum!

I completely agree with you; driving solo or otherwise has a therapeutic effect on some of us; great time for self-reflection.

Very interesting choice as the Ist vehicle. Have heard a lot about it, never had a chance to drive one though.

Look forward to your contribution in the 4X4 section of the forum. Please make yourself conversant with rules & regulation for posting. It's a great place to indulge in some invigorating conversation on all topics automotive.

Drive safe & see you on the form!
Vikram Arya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 11:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Very interesting choice as the Ist vehicle. Have heard a lot about it, never had a chance to drive one though.

Look forward to your contribution in the 4X4 section of the forum. Please make yourself conversant with rules & regulation for posting. It's a great place to indulge in some invigorating conversation on all topics automotive.

Drive safe & see you on the form!
Thanks Vikram. I have been reading through the forums for quite a few years now and respect the quality of content maintained by the members and the moderators. Although I am tempted to post on so many threads, having followed some of them for years but I will exercise caution before I do so and make myself well versed with rules & regulations.

The decision to buy the car was made more with heart than head. Turned out to be a great one. I am now thoroughly addicted to the vehicle. The ownership experience has been delightful as well as eventful. More on that in my ownership thread later. The beast has been phenomenal in terms of performance. Sands, rocks, beaches, forest trails or hills. All are dismissed without breaking a sweat!

I will leave you with couple of pictures captured during my recent trip to Jaisalmer.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Team-BHP!-fortuner-1.jpg  

Hello Team-BHP!-fortuner-2.jpg  

ragh_bhushan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 11:12   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome! Great to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
I frequently go out on solo long drives without any destination in mind. Just crank up the engine and start driving. To just be on the road. Whenever time permits I drive for a few hundred kilometres and then take a U-turn to head back. Helps me connect to my inner self.
I've made many solo trips in my twenties, but your post reminds me that I haven't in the last decade. We usually hit the highway at least once a month and it's always with the family / friends / in a group.

Thanks for the reminder . I'm going to take off on a drive or two a year all alone. Remember deeply enjoying the highway with just me & my machine. It is indeed therapeutic.

Quote:
My first and current car is a Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT (2015 model) in super white colour
White with black wheels is like my favourite combination! Good looking truck.

Quote:
I'm an Electrical Engineer + badminton player and have cofounded couple of startups that I'm currently running.
here's to entrepreneurship.

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2017 at 13:25.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 11:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
I frequently go out on solo long drives without any destination in mind. Just crank up the engine and start driving. To just be on the road. Whenever time permits I drive for a few hundred kilometres and then take a U-turn to head back.
Welcome.

Great to see there are so many out there enjoying the solo drives, I very much enjoy doing it and every few weeks take off 'me & my ride' for hundreds of km's. Helps me get away from all the maddening crowds!
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 11:48   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice intro thread ragh_bhushan. Welcome to Team BHP!

These days the only solo drives I seem to do are the office commute. You really made me long for the days when a long drive in the rain followed by chai and (not any more) a cigarette was all it took to recharge the batteries. Look forward to reading some of your travelogues in the white Fortuner!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 13:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome! Great to have you with us.

I've made many solo trips in my twenties, but your post reminds me that I haven't in the last decade. We usually hit the highway at least once a month and it's always with the family / friends / in a group.

Thanks for the reminder . I'm going to take off on a drive or two a year all alone. Remember deeply enjoying the highway with just me & my machine. It is indeed deeply therapeutic.

White with black wheels is like my favourite combination! Good looking truck.

here's to entrepreneurship.
Thanks GTO and I'm glad I could rekindle your memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Welcome.

Great to see there are so many out there enjoying the solo drives, I very much enjoy doing it and every few weeks take off 'me & my ride' for hundreds of km's. Helps me get away from all the maddening crowds!
Thanks heydj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Very nice intro thread ragh_bhushan. Welcome to Team BHP!

These days the only solo drives I seem to do are the office commute. You really made me long for the days when a long drive in the rain followed by chai and (not any more) a cigarette was all it took to recharge the batteries. Look forward to reading some of your travelogues in the white Fortuner!
Thanks noopster!

I should show this post to some of my friends and family members whose reaction on me telling them about my solo drives is like They just can't fathom the idea of long solo drives. I guess only petrolheads can understand this. Another reason for many, me included, to spend so much time on Team-BHP.

Keep revvin'
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks