Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 14:51   #1
BHPian

Finally onboard

Finally, after my 15th attempt I am on board. This feeling is none less than when I first bought my own car after dreaming about it since childhood. Well to start off, I was trying for Team Bhp membership since 2011 and at a point of time lost hope of getting my membership in this great motoring platform. But during course of time as I see cars with stickers of Team Bhp and different threads of Bhpians for any reference related to cars and road trips, I regained my dormant desires to join this forum and went on trying.

Finally “The Day’’ came on my 7th Marriage Anniversary, 21st Jan 2017 after which I can call myself as BHPIAN. Thanks Team Bhp for this wonderful gift on my anniversary.

I am a car enthusiastic since childhood and most of my leisure time used to get spent over FNG s around my locality when other children of my age was keen about playing cricket or football. I got the first feel of holding the steering when I was in class 6, sitting on my father‘s lap, but since my father was very strict I never got a chance or indulgence from him to drive before attaining the legal age. However after completing my class 12 exam, year 2003, finally, I got the opportunity to drive with a proper DL. On this I would like to add despite of my knowledge about cars and its handling and also being the son of a car enthusiastic, my father never allowed me to drive unless I gave driving exam and got my DL from a Government Approved Motor Training school.

I have a small family with my parents and my wife. I am working in general insurance industry after completing my MBA from ICFAI.

About the cars which, we are using past 26 years:

1991 to 2000: Maruti 800 STD
2000 to 2008: Maruti Alto Vxi 1.1
2008 till 2013: Indica V2 GLS
2013 till 2015: Ritz VDI (My first car, though used one, YOM 2011)
2013 till 2014: Honda City 1.5 Gxi (Used, YOM 2006)
2014 till date: Honda Jazz I V-Tec 1.2 active (Used, YOM 2009)
2015 Till date: Maruti Swift Vxi 1.2 K series (My second car and this time a first-hand)

I love to travel with my car and apart from cars I got huge interest in trying new cuisines, yes am a petrol –head foodie.

Once more thanks to the moderators and I am really honored to be a part of this great platform.
Sayata is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 16:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Finally onboard

Welcome on-board.
Knowing a car enthusiast like you, before you joined Team Bhp was a privilege for me. Its great to see non Bhpian friends turning out to be Bhpian's. I know how badly you wanted to be a Bhpian and you were crazy about Team Bhp. Am really happy that you finally made it and now you are a part of this great community. Wish you a pleasant stay over here and do read all the Team Bhp rules before posting!

So the Hella'ed swift at the center now got Team Bhp'ed!
Finally onboard-img_1687.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 26th January 2017 at 16:58.
Samba is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 18:03   #3
BHPian

Thank you samba. You people are an idol to me. Its your thread that worked as a catalyst to regain my dormant desire to become a BHPIAN.
Sayata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 18:21   #4
BHPian

Welcome Sayata! Great to have you here finally! Share your enthusiasm and enjoy your stay!

mithun
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 19:11   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard Sayata. Happy to see that your journey with TeamBHP has started at last.Hope to have you with us in many more trips in the future.

I would like to request you to keep the momentum going and being a responsible member of this society you should start contributing soon.

We will be waiting for the first Travelogue from you.
SouraC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 20:28   #6
BHPian

Welcome Sayata, it's a great feeling to be part of this platform, especially if you love travelling with cars and love cars. Since we know each other already it will be great to keep exchanging car and travel thoughts here!

Enjoy and keep posting!
arindam_xeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 11:20   #7
BHPian

Re: Finally onboard

Thank you Mithun da, since you knew me long before I became a Bhpian, you know my true feelings after getting on board. You people are inspiration to me, once again thank you very much for your wishes.

Note from Mod : Post edited. Please do not put spaces before punctuation marks. Do see point #2 in THIS THREAD before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd February 2017 at 12:42. Reason: Please see Mod Note in post.
Old 1st February 2017, 10:54   #8
BHPian

Welcome Sayata to the most desirable auto enthusiast Forum !! It was a pleasure to meet you at the Team-BHP Winter Meet on the 14th of January 2017 and the spirited drive back together was pretty enjoyable.

I must say that your Swift indeed looks very Hot in that Red Colour with the Rear Spoiler and the Hella(s) installed at the front. It gives it that required uniqueness !! Hoping to see a lot of posts from you which will add value to the contents on this Forum. Kudos to you on becoming a BHPian
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouraC View Post
Welcome aboard Sayata. Happy to see that your journey with TeamBHP has started at last.Hope to have you with us in many more trips in the future.

I would like to request you to keep the momentum going and being a responsible member of this society you should start contributing soon.

We will be waiting for the first Travelogue from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
Welcome Sayata, it's a great feeling to be part of this platform, especially if you love travelling with cars and love cars. Since we know each other already it will be great to keep exchanging car and travel thoughts here!

Enjoy and keep posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Welcome Sayata to the most desirable auto enthusiast Forum !! It was a pleasure to meet you at the Team-BHP Winter Meet on the 14th of January 2017 and the spirited drive back together was pretty enjoyable.

I must say that your Swift indeed looks very Hot in that Red Colour with the Rear Spoiler and the Hella(s) installed at the front. It gives it that required uniqueness !! Hoping to see a lot of posts from you which will add value to the contents on this Forum. Kudos to you on becoming a BHPian

Thank you all for your best wishes. Sorry for the late reply. Looking forward to meet you all in the next Team Bhp meet.
Sayata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:33   #10
BHPian

A big and warm welcome into this esteemed forum Sayata da. Here's hoping you have a very pleasant stay and we get some quality time from you on this forum.
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 00:13   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayata View Post
Looking forward to meet you all in the next Team Bhp meet.
Hope by then your Swift will be in it's New Avatar with the Alloy Rims, Upgraded Tyres and with some Stage 1 Performance Mods as you have been desiring while researching. Wish you all the best !

Considering the fact that the Swift is your First New Car Buy, an ownership review is always a good platform to start and log your ownership experience which you can retain for a lifetime and cherish in the times to come. Just an idea to get you to pen things down on the Forum
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 20:54   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayata View Post
Thank you samba. You people are an idol to me. Its your thread that worked as a catalyst to regain my dormant desire to become a BHPIAN.

Hi Sayata - welcome aboard. I remember, the first time we met, we were discussing headlamp and fog lamp upgrades, at that time I was wrong to assume that you were not yet a Tbhpian, though you had all the ingredients to be a part of this pack. I could feel your pain, when you told me, the number of times you had tried to join in - hats off to you for not giving up.

It shall be great to share miles and smiles with you.
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 23:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Hi Sayata - welcome aboard. I remember, the first time we met, we were discussing headlamp and fog lamp upgrades, at that time I was wrong to assume that you were not yet a Tbhpian, though you had all the ingredients to be a part of this pack. I could feel your pain, when you told me, the number of times you had tried to join in - hats off to you for not giving up.

It shall be great to share miles and smiles with you.
Yes I do remember, azad hind dhaba meet at gopalpur. It was in fact my first visit to a car forum. I was a solo traveller.
Old 7th February 2017, 14:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hope by then your Swift will be in it's New Avatar with the Alloy Rims, Upgraded Tyres and with some Stage 1 Performance Mods as you have been desiring while researching. Wish you all the best !

Considering the fact that the Swift is your First New Car Buy, an ownership review is always a good platform to start and log your ownership experience which you can retain for a lifetime and cherish in the times to come. Just an idea to get you to pen things down on the Forum

Tyre has been already upgraded to 185/ 65 R14 Yokohama Earth 1 . I have not upgraded the Rim size as Swift VXi stock rim size up-gradation may affect warranty. Regarding the Stage 1 performance mod I have already decided to install a BMC air filter (stock replacement) but waiting for THE MOD GURU's green signal
I am also under process of writing an ownership review on SIA. Thank you very much for the suggestions given earlier by you for installing HELLA
Sayata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 19:01   #15
BHPian

Welcome onboard buddy. Persistence is a virtue indeed, I tried a couple of times before having the privilege of becoming a member here and I can feel your joy too. Have a good one and let's make the membership count.
KAUBMW7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks