Team-BHP - Hello Team-BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/18397-hello-team-bhp.html)

Hello to all ...!!

I am working as a Sales Manager here in Bangalore and have been visiting this forum over the past couple of months ... I actually hit upon this site through a few web searches that I was doing, researching my new car buy and found the info on this site extremely useful.

Cars I have been driving ...

1st crush - the first pair of wheels that I was gleefully driving over the past 5 years was a Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXi Silver ... and boy were they fun clap: I think this was one of the most exciting cars in India at that time. Pity Ford has decided to scrap it and just retain the poorer 1.3 version :mad: Couple of crashes, several long road-trips & 85000 kms later ... I was ready to dump her ...:)

Current Love - Brand new (actually a month) set of wheels - a Honda City GXi. Now I have to admit that having driven a Ford for the past 5 years I was actually itching for a change when I had decided to buy my next car. Researched for almost 3-4 months and finally decided to be a Honda fan!
Enjoying it currently ...

Also hunted a few small cars for my wifey and settled on an Alto. Makes lotsa sense for short city drives ...

Feels good to part of this group ... will post some pics pretty soon ....

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP :)

Wow, from a Ford Ikon (Driving Machine) to a NHC GXi (Practical Machine).....that must have been some change.

Nice Intro. Welcome to the community. Please do read the board rules section to familiarise yourself with our forum protocol.

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
The Ikon 1.6 is still one of the most fun to drive cars in the Indian Market even though it isn't sold anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Wow, from a Ford Ikon (Driving Machine) to a NHC GXi (Practical Machine).....that must have been some change.

The after effect of marriage? Assuming you got married after buying the Ikon.
Cheers

wellcome to the TBHP,
yeah man, alto is a nice pick for the city drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey bro,
The after effect of marriage? Assuming you got married after buying the Ikon.
Cheers

Good one ... lamborghini!!! Pretty close though ...! I got the Ikon soon after marriage and the City is after 5 years of marriage!!

Actually the Ikon really started punching a hole in my purse once I crossed the 60k mark. Every service set me back by 5-10k. At 83k there was stuff that I had to do if I wanted to drive it any more - redo the suspension, the front steering joints and get a new set of tyres (ha ha I had not changed tyres even once in 83k :)...) So that meant another 20-30k of expenses.

Finally when I got rid of the car, I was almost in tears looking at the resale value:Frustrati Helped me make up my mind ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2
wellcome to the TBHP,
yeah man, alto is a nice pick for the city drives.

the mileage on the alto sucks though ... I just get around 10-11 km in the city with the AC on ... Gotta catch hold of the maruti guys ... he was talking about 16-20 km in the city:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by floor_it_baby
the mileage on the alto sucks though ... I just get around 10-11 km in the city with the AC on ... Gotta catch hold of the maruti guys ... he was talking about 16-20 km in the city:mad:

You better catch hold of the maruti guys, but the service guys not the sales guys, my brother has an alto, give 15+ kmpl in city (hyderabad) with AC on.

welcome home , its a good place to be..

floor_it_baby,

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.
Welcome to Team-Bhp.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

welcome aboard buddy.!

have a pleasant stay here.!!

cheers
faithless

welcome to team-bhp .. a hatchback is very useful for city driving :) .. plus the City for that extra comfort .. nice choices .. pot pics soon .. take care .. drive safe .

well he will have to wait for 50 post to pot ze pics....i think he should take a couple of hours in doing that...right???