Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2017, 12:41   #1
BHPian

Greetings Team-BHP!

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I hail from Pune and I have been an avid follower of this forum for the past 5 years. I am really happy for being accepted as a member in this wonderful community and am looking forward to a plenty of exchange of information, views and ideas.

Since my childhood I've always been fascinated by all forms of automobiles (Well, more so by those having 4+ wheels). It only helped that my father himself was an automotive engineer and worked for one of the leading OEMs in India. I am told that I could tell the names of car & truck models when I was as young as 3 years old. Anyway, as I grew up, so did this interest of mine and it was my dream to become an mechanical engineer like my dad and join an OEM. Alas, a strange turn of events forced me to take up Electronics Engineering. But I am not complaining, as did join the automotive industry after all; and that too, at a time when electronics content of modern day vehicles is on the rise.

So that's it. I am an electronics engineer, working in the auto industry, who's a big fan of all things automotive. My other interests include Indian Classical Music (have been training for last 11 years) and photography (a relatively recent hobby).

Looking forward to a good time on the forum.

Cheers,
Mayank
mayd85 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 13:57   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Greetings Team-BHP!

Welcome Mayank- nice to have another Pune member on board!

You may have made the right choice with Electronics since that is pretty much the future of automobiles anyway (with a lot of internet of things tossed in!) Look forward to seeing your threads here and meet in person at one of the tapri meets.

What instrument do you play, by the way?
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 14:27   #3
BHPian

Thanks noopster. I'll definitely try to make it to one of the Tapri Meets. Looks like a great concept.

Quote:
What instrument do you play, by the way?
My vocal cords
mayd85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 17:49   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayd85 View Post
So that's it. I am an electronics engineer, working in the auto industry, who's a big fan of all things automotive.
Welcome Mayank, do share (if you can) on the specifics of the above

Enjoy your stay!

Cheers
Jaggu
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 21:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
do share (if you can) on the specifics of the above
Well, I am basically a electronic hardware designer. I started off with one of India's leading OEMs in its in-house electronics team. There I designed control units for body & auxiliary powertrain control (not core engine management though) for various passenger & commercial vehicles. I worked there for more than 6 years. Now I am with one of India's leading Tier-I supplier for two-wheelers, where I am a part of advance engineering team working on new tech for 2 wheelers.
mayd85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed