Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:05   #1

Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Greetings BHPians! It is fantastic to be a part of the Team BHP community. I joined my first community, the MR2OC (MR2 owners club), out of sheer necessity to restore my 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo. Boy, I regret selling that car! I consulted the forum for each step in the process. The MR2OC taught me the power of an online community in bringing enthusiasts together on common interests, and in my case, completing a project.

Our Cars (Past)
1. VW Jetta Wolfsburg
2. Infiniti G35
3. BMW 135i
4. E92 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
5. 190E Mercedes Benz
6. 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo

Our Cars (Present)
1. 1952 Chrysler Windsor Convertible - We've had this car in the family for years and had it restored recently in Pune. An interesting fact is that this car was used by Queen Elizabeth during her trip to Chennai in the 70s.
2. 193? Austin 7 Convertible
3. 2014 Audi S4
4. Triumph Daytona 675R (Purely for the race track)

As an observer, the quality of discussion and moderation on the team BHP are fantastic and it has become my "go to" for Indian car and bike reviews. I feel fortunate to be part of an engaging community once again.
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!-img_5533.jpg.jpeg  

Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!-img_3679.jpg.jpeg  

Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!-img_0343.jpg.jpeg  

ajvee44 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Welcome ajvee44 that is quiet a garage you got there, looking forward to you sharing more on the vehicles you have had. Especially the restoration stories, looking forward to it.

Enjoy your stay and welcome once again.

cheers
Jaggu
Old 22nd March 2017, 17:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

ajvee44, where were you all these days, hiding those fantastic cars! That's an awesome garage - both past and present. Would be interesting to read your ownership experiences over the years. Please do write about them. And, welcome to team-bhp.
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:12   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee44 View Post
Greetings BHPians! It is fantastic to be a part of the Team BHP community. I joined my first community, the MR2OC (MR2 owners club), out of sheer necessity to restore my 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo. Boy, I regret selling that car! I consulted the forum for each step in the process. The MR2OC taught me the power of an online community in bringing enthusiasts together on common interests, and in my case, completing a project.

Our Cars (Past)
1. VW Jetta Wolfsburg
2. Infiniti G35
3. BMW 135i
4. E92 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
5. 190E Mercedes Benz
6. 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo

Our Cars (Present)
1. 1952 Chrysler Windsor Convertible - We've had this car in the family for years and had it restored recently in Pune. An interesting fact is that this car was used by Queen Elizabeth during her trip to Chennai in the 70s.
2. 193? Austin 7 Convertible
3. 2014 Audi S4
4. Triumph Daytona 675R (Purely for the race track)

As an observer, the quality of discussion and moderation on the team BHP are fantastic and it has become my "go to" for Indian car and bike reviews. I feel fortunate to be part of an engaging community once again.
Hello and welcome aboard. That's quite a garage!

You will enjoy the vintage section immensely I am sure. This (Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar)might even be your car, who knows! I had seen it and the Austin being restored in Pune.
karlosdeville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:15   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Ajeev, impressive list of past and present cars you have there. The Toyota MR-2 - didn't all MR-2s come with a NA engine - I don't remember hearing about a Turbo MR-2 (although the Supra did). Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Would love to see some more pics and history on the Chrysler and Austin too.

Thanks,
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:33   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Welcome ajvee44 that is quiet a garage you got there, looking forward to you sharing more on the vehicles you have had. Especially the restoration stories, looking forward to it.
I appreciate the welcome kind sir! I will post history and restoration on both cars in the vintage section soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Hello and welcome aboard. That's quite a garage!

You will enjoy the vintage section immensely I am sure. This (Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar)might even be your car, who knows! I had seen it and the Austin being restored in Pune.

I appreciate the welcome. You may be right on that Chrysler being the same car! I will dig up a photo soon of Queen Elizabeth riding in the car in Madras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Ajeev, impressive list of past and present cars you have there. The Toyota MR-2 - didn't all MR-2s come with a NA engine - I don't remember hearing about a Turbo MR-2 (although the Supra did). Please do correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you sir! The first gen or MK1 MR2s were either naturally aspirated or supercharged with both manual and auto options. The second ten or MK2 MR2s either had a 2.2 liter NA engine or a 2 liter turbo engine. The last generation MR2s were actually called MRS' and were only in convertible, naturally aspirated form. I recently spied one on a trip to Delhi.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd March 2017 at 10:22. Reason: Do see the FAQs on using the "MULTI-QUOTE" feature, rather than consecutive replies. Thanks! :)
Old 22nd March 2017, 23:39   #7
BHPian

Welcome! Can't help but notice the Daytona 675r. Man, you've stripped it like hell. How much weight reduction?

Also, will wait for the S4 review. Haven't seen any on the forum.
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:37   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Welcome! Can't help but notice the Daytona 675r. Man, you've stripped it like hell. How much weight reduction?

Also, will wait for the S4 review. Haven't seen any on the forum.
Thank you.

The Daytona has:
1. Profiber track fairing
2. Austin racing GP2 exhaust
3. Decatted headers
4. Adjustable rearsets
5. Vesrah carbon brake pads and motul fluid
6. Brembo master cylinder
7. Sprockets

The best mods, though, have been multiple track riding schools

I would estimate weight reduction at about 12 kilos. I will weigh it soon.

The cliff notes on the S4

The Good
- Fantastic engine and transmission
- Launches hard owing to the quattro.
- Smooth power right through the band upto redline
- Glorious intake and exhaust noise. One of the best I've heard this side of a high revving V8
- Well designed interior.

The Bad
- Horribly numb steering. As a BMW M3 guy, I detest the numbness. It is very artificial and badly weighted even at higher speed.
- Questionable longevity. It has about 17K kms and already there are rattles and squeaks. I guess the Indian roads don't help.
ajvee44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 08:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee44 View Post
Greetings BHPians!
Welcome to the forum, nice to see a fellow Coimbatorean on board!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks