Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2017, 00:32   #1
BHPian

Please allow me to introduce myself!

Greetings of the day!

I am 36 years old, based out of Gurgaon and working as an IT project manager in a French multinational company.

Making my presence here, I am euphoric and thankful to the moderators for allowing me my identity amongst this elite community of petrolheads. As in my childhood, it started with tenacity towards buying toy cars and out of curiosity to soon subject them to reverse-engineering. This was followed by my interest in drawing different cars on paper with a pencil followed by crafting my own little car and bike models with cardboard. Always wished to go in for automobile engineering upon growing up, but the destiny had computers and laptops to happily earn my bread and butter. Have been following Team-BHP since about 2007 and it has indeed kept me rationale.

Learnt driving on dad’s Maruti 800 which he had booked some time in 1983 by paying INR 10,000 and took the delivery against his number in early 1987 by paying an additional INR 58,000 (all inclusive).

Eventually with time and maturity, my driving style has changed towards being more sedate, sticking to lane, showing ultra patience, being compassionate on roads, respecting pedestrians, strictly obeying traffic rules and cautiously avoid honking as far as possible.

At present, I maintain my dad’s Honda City ZX and my third generation Honda Jazz V MT. That said, there aren’t any plans for more cars as of now. Besides making long road trips, love reading books, listening music and volunteering for cause.

With this being my first post in the forum, I look forward interacting and learning with you all.

Good luck and keep revvin’.
Nohonking is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 07:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself!

Hey no honking,

Good morning. Welcome to TBHP. Which part of Gurugram are you from? There's a few regular meets in different parts of town. Do check the quick meets thread regularly!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 10:45   #3
BHPian

Hi Phamilyman,

Good morning!! Nice to hear from you and thank you for letting me know about meet-ups. I stay in Sushant Lok-2 in Gurugram. I will keep a tab on the quick meets thread. Thanks very much again. Cheers!
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 18:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Greetings of the day!

I am 36 years old, based out of Gurgaon and working as an IT project manager in a French multinational company.

With this being my first post in the forum, I look forward interacting and learning with you all.

Good luck and keep revvin’.
Hi and welcome "nohonking". Enjoy your stay and I look forward to your active participation. Are you one of those who prefers not to honk? I can tell you that I hardly honk, except when I wish to draw attention to a law breaker!

Oh yes, I remember the premium that the Maruti 800 (original model) attracted. That was a car that was rallied along side the Dolphin, though they were quite different from each other.
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 18:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Hi and welcome "nohonking". Enjoy your stay and I look forward to your active participation. Are you one of those who prefers not to honk? I can tell you that I hardly honk, except when I wish to draw attention to a law breaker!

Oh yes, I remember the premium that the Maruti 800 (original model) attracted. That was a car that was rallied along side the Dolphin, though they were quite different from each other.
Thanks Swissknife! I too take this opportunity to welcome you on board to this exclusive forum which we apparently have boarded together. As you have mentioned you barely honk, we both indeed sail on the same boat, although might be driving different wheels

Thank you once more. Between, drive safe and respect everyone on the road which we all share. Cheers!

Last edited by Nohonking : 11th April 2017 at 18:43.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 11:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
As you have mentioned you barely honk, we both indeed sail on the same boat, although might be driving different wheels
I am regularly on 2 and 4 wheels on land only. I have driven vehicles that have had 6 a few times with similar habits with regards to honking. My fantasy is to drive one with around 200 wheels though
Old 17th April 2017, 14:48   #7
BHPian

A very warm welcome to both of you (Nohonking and swissknife).

Kudos to both of you great people who possess road etiquette and most importantly choose not to blare horns unless and until it is most required, needless to mention like most of great Team-BHPians present all over the globe.

Once again I welcome you to most informative and knowledgeable Indian site dedicated to automobiles.

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 15:10   #8
BHPian

Welcome to the forum nohonking!
Interesting name.

The last time I had to use the horn was about a month back when a rented Scorpio was reversing on an expressway, that too in the car lane.
Before that I don't remember when I had to honk.
I drive about 70 kms daily these days.
Kestrel5915 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 12:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel5915 View Post
Welcome to the forum nohonking!
Interesting name.

The last time I had to use the horn was about a month back when a rented Scorpio was reversing on an expressway, that too in the car lane.
Before that I don't remember when I had to honk.
I drive about 70 kms daily these days.
Thank you Kestrel5915 for praising my handle. Yes, it sounds socially responsible.

Driving about 70km everyday without honking I am indeed impressed. I would love to meet you in person some day. Thank you for not honking and doing your bit towards making our planet a better place!

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks