Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2017, 01:13   #1
BHPian

Greetings from Mumbai!

Hey Guys!

I’ve been wandering and reading this forum since 2014, as I was researching on which BMW 5 series variant to go for. What was supposed to be an innocent visit to a review, among many others open in numerous tabs on my browser I slowly found myself getting hooked on to Team-BHP! One review after the another, up-to-date news, and needless to say, the forum made it to my bookmarks pretty fast. It was only last week that I decided to register as a member to be a part of this community with you fine people, and sent the application in. I waited patiently, having heard about the difficult acceptance procedure here, but I was lucky enough to get approved on the first go!

So now that I’m finally here, let me tell you guys a bit about myself. I’m 25 and based in Mumbai. Academically I hold a BSc. in management, and an MSc. in Finance and Actuarial Science; both from City University London, UK. Professionally, my family has a private equity and real estate development business in India and in the UK, which means that I spend nearly 3 months a year in the UK.

In our family garage we have a W222 Mercedes S350 and a BMW 520d which are used by my father and mother respectively, a Mercedes A180 that is used by my sister, and I have recently been fortunate enough to acquire a brand new Porsche Panamera this last October which I now use as my daily drive (also hoping to put a review together for this soon!).

In the past we have owned numerous cars, mainly from the Mercedes stable as my father is a huge fan, a BMW e90 325i, briefly a Range Rover Vogue (previous generation) which had a very short stint with us due to numerous reliability issues – but that’s a story for another day! However the most favourite car of mine that we’ve ever owned was the first generation Toyota Camry! The most versatile car in the world according to me, and it has a special corner in my heart as that’s the car I learned to drive on!

Outside of work and cars, I’m interested in electronics and gadgets, luxury watches and music.

Now that that’s out of the way, I’m hoping to get to know you guys more and trying to add my two cents to this fantastic community you guys have created here!

Cheers!
Porcupine is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 07:56   #2
BHPian

Re: Greetings from Mumbai!

Wow man, that's an impressive garage. Welcome aboard. This is one hell of a community which has treasure troves of information from cars to basically everything in life.

P. S. Can't wait for the Panamera's ownership review.
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 09:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
What was supposed to be an innocent visit...
A visit to the forum can never be called an innocent endeavor. We are driven and guided by the guardian angels of ulterior motives such as modding our cars, of beautifying their interiors and waking up the dormant DIYer in us.

Browsing team-bhp is one addiction you won't wish to get rid of .

Welcome to what will soon prove to be the first and the last site you will end up visiting - at the beginning and end of your days respectively.

We look forward to reading your experiences on owning the German beasts.
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 10:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome bro, nice to see someone else from Mumbai of the same age. Look forward to seeing you around on the forum.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:33   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum. An impressive garage, no wait, it is jealousy inspiring garage Waiting to hear more about your vehicles and see their pics. Wish you a lovely experience on Team-bhp.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Porcupine, welcome to the forum!

Your handle piqued my interest, care to share why you picked such an unusual handle

Super cars in your family

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:41   #7
BHPian

Welcome to the community!!!!!!!

Great introduction to yourself and we all welcome you with wide open arms all filthy in Grease and motor oil and with spanners and torque wrenches in our hands.

Hope your radiator of questions will be filled up to the top by the best quality antifreeze of answers here.

Cheers mate!!!!!
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:56   #8
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi Porcupine, welcome to the forum!

Your handle piqued my interest, care to share why you picked such an unusual handle
Haha, well I was/am a member of numerous music and guitar forums, and Porcupine Tree is one of my all-time favourite bands. Ever since then I've used this handle on most of the forums I join!
Porcupine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 17:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Haha, well I was/am a member of numerous music and guitar forums, and Porcupine Tree is one of my all-time favourite bands. Ever since then I've used this handle on most of the forums I join!
OT : Hey man! Big Porcupine Tree fan here as well! Sad that it doesn't exist anymore. The band took Progessive rock to absolute next level.

Recently went to Steve Wilson's performance in Bangalore. Was pretty good.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 23rd April 2017 at 17:30.
The Brutailer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks