Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2017, 10:12   #1
BHPian

Greetings from San Jose!

Hello there!

First time poster, long time lurker of the forums. By far a mostly maturing forum with lots of people who have amazing ideas, travel stories, and interesting engineering solutions for cars and bikes.

I hail from the SF Bay Area (Born and Raised) but family comes from Mangalore and Kasragod (good old Dakshin Kannada ).

Currently work in the EV field making electric motorcycles. Also a motorcycle rider (SV650s) and track my car occasionally (Subaru Legacy GT estate) at Laguna Seca.

Looking forward to take part in this awesome community.
Bhatman510 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 20:20   #2
BANNED

Re: Greetings from San Jose!

An Indian from the Silicon Valley, how rare and exotic ! Just kidding .

How much does it cost to drive at Laguna Seca ?

And how come you're not on the Tesla hype train ? The last time I was in the Bay Area it looked like everyone from the janitors in the valley to the CEOs bought a Tesla and the professors at Stanford drive them too.

Did you go to Stanford for undergrad ? I didn't go there and I miss it already, now THAT'S a university !
Old 30th April 2017, 01:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
An Indian from the Silicon Valley, how rare and exotic ! Just kidding .

How much does it cost to drive at Laguna Seca ?

And how come you're not on the Tesla hype train ? The last time I was in the Bay Area it looked like everyone from the janitors in the valley to the CEOs bought a Tesla and the professors at Stanford drive them too.

Did you go to Stanford for undergrad ? I didn't go there and I miss it already, now THAT'S a university !
I usually go to Laguna Seca during club days or volunteer days, and they charge about 55.00 to 80 USD.

I worked for Tesla and could never afford one. Few in my family have Model S, X or the 3 soon. I like my ICE vehicles and electric motorcycles.

Stanford?? I went to SJSU for my Eng undergrad. Glad I did.
Old 30th April 2017, 07:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatman510 View Post
I hail from the SF Bay Area (Born and Raised) but family comes from Mangalore and Kasragod (good old Dakshin Kannada ).
Welcome aboard Bhatman510!

Good to hear from Bay Area. By the way, my sister is based out in Pleasanton (an America citizen of Indian origin) and is a celebrity(media personality) there amongst the Indo-American community, besides being into IT. However, unlike me or you(BHPians as a matter of fact) they aren't really fascinated towards cars and currently own a Nissan Versa sedan, a two door Honda Accord and a Honda Civic.

That being a bit to talk, I welcome you again over this lovely forum and wish you a great experience. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 30th April 2017 at 08:00.
Old 30th April 2017, 08:22   #5
BANNED

Quote:
I usually go to Laguna Seca during club days or volunteer days, and they charge about 55.00 to 80 USD.

Is this all ? Or do you have to pay for other expenses like having some safety personnel at the track ?

Quote:
I worked for Tesla and could never afford one.
I feel you. The Silicon Valley is pricey. Very few will live the California Dreaming lifestyle - your fellow Kannadigan Vijay Mallya was one lucky soul. He has an entire collection filled with old F1 cars and vintage Ferraris somewhere near Napa Valley.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 30th April 2017 at 08:52.
Old 30th April 2017, 08:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Is this all ? Or do you have to pay for other expenses like having some safety personnel at the track ?

Well, the cheapest way to track MLRS (Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca) is through a club track day(Subaru, Sports Car Club of America). They pay the larger track fee (upwards of 7/8K) and then divvy that up to people who are interested. MLRS is run by an organization called SCRAMP (Sports Car Racing Association Monterey Peninsula) so its a whole bunch of volunteers who are interested in there respective areas (Medical, Surveys, Track support).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks