Team-BHP - Finally I got through!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Finally I got through! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/187263-finally-i-got-through.html)

Hello world,

Finally I achieved the feat of getting accepted here after 3 tries!

My name is Sushant Bansal. I am 20 year old, and studying Computer Science Engineering from a govt. college in New Delhi. I reside in West Delhi, which is where I was born.

I have immense love for cars and have been interested in them since my childhood. In fact, since I was little I used to sleep with toy cars beside my pillow (haha). I knew about this forum for a long time, but really discovered it about 2 years ago while searching for car advice. It was an Eureka moment and I have been addicted to Team-BHP since then. I have spent countless days and nights browsing and reading threads on this forum, all of which have been extremely knowledgeable.

I learnt driving on my humble 1996 Maruti Esteem which was bought by my family just a week before I was born. I really have an emotional connect with this car. It has now crossed 20 years of ownership and clocked 1.5 lakh kms and can still give newer cars a run for their money. Its usage in the past few years has been minimal due to Delhi's laws banning registry of old cars.

We have since bought the following cars:
1) 2008 Maruti Dzire VXI: Clocked 99700 kms, waiting for it to cross the milestone. It is CNG fitted.
2) 2008 Zen Estilo VXI: Clocked 17000kms.
3) 2010 Honda City (3rd Gen) VMT: Clocked 68000kms. I really love this car. The iVtech is to die for.
4) 2014 Honda City (4th Gen) VX CVT: Clocked a sparingly low 7000kms.

I once drove my cousin's Honda Civic and am in love with the car since. Have not been able to convince my family or myself to buy the car since we already have 5 highly potential cars in the garage. Hoping to own it in the future.

Apart from these, I have driven a variety of cars as I don't let go of a single opportunity to do so. I have driven cars as humble as 20 year old Maruti 800 to a brand new Mercedes C 220.

I'm looking forward to posting a few ownership threads and I hope to contribute to this forum to the best of my abilities and keeping learning from it.

Cheers.

Hi Sushant,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bansal.sushant (Post 4206357)
I learnt driving on my humble 1996 Maruti Esteem which was bought by my family just a week before I was born. I really have an emotional connect with this car. It has now crossed 20 years of ownership and clocked 1.5 lakh kms and can still give newer cars a run for their money. Its usage in the past few years has been minimal due to Delhi's laws banning registry of old cars.

Our first cars always hold a special place in our heart. That said, we have to embrace change - not only for the sake of lesser pollution, but also safety.

Quote:

We have since bought the following cars:
1) 2008 Maruti Dzire VXI: Clocked 99700 kms, waiting for it to cross the milestone. It is CNG fitted.
2) 2008 Zen Estilo VXI: Clocked 17000kms.
3) 2010 Honda City (3rd Gen) VMT: Clocked 68000kms. I really love this car. The iVtech is to die for.
4) 2014 Honda City (4th Gen) VX CVT: Clocked a sparingly low 7000kms.
Quote:

I'm looking forward to posting a few ownership threads and I hope to contribute to this forum to the best of my abilities and keeping learning from it.
We will look forward to some detailed ownership reviews from you. We keep learning something new every day.

See you on the forum.

Welcome aboard. We share our love for 20 year old cars (we have a M800) and a habit (as a child) to have our favorite items on our bed beside our pillow :) Enjoy your stay here!

Quote:

Our first cars always hold a special place in our heart. That said, we have to embrace change - not only for the sake of lesser pollution, but also safety.
I totally agree. My old car however was very well maintained and passed all pollution checks. What's weird is that even after being two decades old, it has a certain rush and driveability to it which even the newer cars can't offer.

Quote:

Welcome aboard. We share our love for 20 year old cars (we have a M800) and a habit (as a child) to have our favorite items on our bed beside our pillow Enjoy your stay here!
Quote:

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board. See you on the forum.
Thank you so much. :)