Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2017, 14:07   #1

I have arrived!

Hello folks.

I am Yogesh, aged 27. Before talking about myself, I would like to thank the forum moderators for approving my membership and letting me be a part of the country's biggest community of automotive enthusiasts.

Originally from a small town in Rajasthan, I have been a Delhi resident for the past 10 years of my life. I completed my graduation (B.Tech) in the year 2011 and soon joined an auto ancillary firm in Gurgaon. The love for automobiles was innate in my character from as long as I can remember and thus everyone around me was sure that I will be happy working in the field of my interest. That didn't really happen and I soon decided to go for my higher education. Cracked CAT 2012 and got into a premier institute in Gurgaon. And now, I am working as an investment banker in an America-based company - yes, the company is also in Gurgaon . To keep my hunger for automobiles satiated, I also operate an automotive blog as a hobby.

I chanced upon Team-BHP while researching for a new car in 2015. And ever since my first introduction to the forum, I have been a regular visitor. Team-BHP has helped me to know a lot more about automobiles, and even beyond. I am personally mind-blown by the sheer quality of discussions on the forum. Be it the official car reviews, or member-started threads in the Shifting Gears section, every post on the forum adds value to the discussion. I hope I too can contribute my two cents in some of the knowledge-rich threads.

I currently drive a 2016 Maruti Baleno Delta petrol, while my better half has a Honda Brio S MT as her daily ride. I also recently gifted a Maruti WagonR AMT to my dad, who happily uses it to zip around our small home town in Rajasthan. The Baleno is the first ever vehicle registered under my name and thus holds special importance for me. I have never even owned a two-wheeler (or any other vehicle) before and thus am really emotional about the Baleno, something that the Mrs. isn't happy about . Meanwhile, the Brio was a pre-owned model that was bought to replace my wife's humble Honda Activa after we got married in December last year. I would try to pen down ownership reviews of the all three cars in the coming weeks.

Thanks for bringing me on board the Team-BHP wagon. Hoping to meet a few Delhi-based BHPians in some regional meets as well.
Delhite is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 15:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: I have arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delhite View Post
The Baleno is the first ever vehicle registered under my name and thus holds special importance for me. I have never even owned a two-wheeler (or any other vehicle) before and thus am really emotional about the Baleno, something that the Mrs. isn't happy about . Meanwhile, the Brio was a pre-owned model that was bought to replace my wife's humble Honda Activa after we got married in December last year.
Welcome. There is a small Gurgaon Meet group. You can start with them. Buying a second hand for your boss and a new car for yourself. You are a very brave man!
V.Narayan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 23:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Hoping to meet a few Delhi-based BHPians in some regional meets as well.
A warm welcome to the forum Delhite from a Gurgaonite!

Nice hearing about you. Your introductory write-up well suggests you have thoroughly gone through the rules of forum. Please keep a tab on meet section where we can have a chance to meet and talk in person. Looking forward for your active participation. Keep revvin'!

Last edited by Nohonking : 11th June 2017 at 23:07.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 06:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks.

I am Yogesh, aged 27. Before talking about myself, I would like to thank the forum moderators for approving my membership and letting me be a part of the country's biggest community of automotive enthusiasts.

Originally from a small town in Rajasthan, I have been a Delhi resident for the past 10 years of my life. I completed my graduation (B.Tech) in the year 2011 and soon joined an auto ancillary firm in Gurgaon. The love for automobiles was innate in my character from as long as I can remember and thus everyone around me was sure that I will be happy working in the field of my interest. That didn't really happen and I soon decided to go for my higher education. Cracked CAT 2012 and got into a premier institute in Gurgaon. And now, I am working as an investment banker in an America-based company - yes, the company is also in Gurgaon . To keep my hunger for automobiles satiated, I also operate an automotive blog as a hobby.

I chanced upon Team-BHP while researching for a new car in 2015. And ever since my first introduction to the forum, I have been a regular visitor. Team-BHP has helped me to know a lot more about automobiles, and even beyond. I am personally mind-blown by the sheer quality of discussions on the forum. Be it the official car reviews, or member-started threads in the Shifting Gears section, every post on the forum adds value to the discussion. I hope I too can contribute my two cents in some of the knowledge-rich threads.

I currently drive a 2016 Maruti Baleno Delta petrol, while my better half has a Honda Brio S MT as her daily ride. I also recently gifted a Maruti WagonR AMT to my dad, who happily uses it to zip around our small home town in Rajasthan. The Baleno is the first ever vehicle registered under my name and thus holds special importance for me. I have never even owned a two-wheeler (or any other vehicle) before and thus am really emotional about the Baleno, something that the Mrs. isn't happy about . Meanwhile, the Brio was a pre-owned model that was bought to replace my wife's humble Honda Activa after we got married in December last year. I would try to pen down ownership reviews of the all three cars in the coming weeks.

Thanks for bringing me on board the Team-BHP wagon. Hoping to meet a few Delhi-based BHPians in some regional meets as well.
Welcome Delhite!

You've surely been active in buying cars of late!

Curious - for someone living in delhi and braving the daily jams to Gurgaon, why did you not buy an automatic, considering you bought an automatic for your father? My assumption would've been the reverse - the jams in delhi are omnipresent and the drivers a bunch of boors, so automatics should've been the choice in delhi, no?

PS: Agree 100% with Narayan saab. How many days did you have to sleep in the balcony after your Brio purchase decision
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 17:17   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Welcome. There is a small Gurgaon Meet group. You can start with them. Buying a second hand for your boss and a new car for yourself. You are a very brave man!
Believe me, no one's that brave. The Mrs. was still in early days of her driving lessons when we bought the Brio. It was hence decided to go for a pre-owned vehicle so that she can drive with lesser concern for scratches or bumps.

Having gained confidence, she already has set her eyes on my Baleno now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks