Team-BHP - Persistence paid off
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Persistence paid off (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/187719-persistence-paid-off.html)

Hello Folks,

First and foremost, a big thanks to moderators for approving my membership request. Was an active reader of this forum since last 3 years. As the heading suggests, had multiple tries at membership request, tried learning from each rejection and voila, one fine Saturday morning, the approval mail knocked my inbox.:D

To start off, myself Suryendu aged 29 years. I come from a humble background with engineering in Temple city(Bhubaneswar), childhood and schooling in Silk city(Brahmapur) of Odisha.

My professional career kicked off in January 2011 in the field of software engineering and currently working with a French Investment bank in Bengaluru.

Coming to the wheels I owned during these years, below is an overview in chronological order.

1) Hercules AXN(Bi-cycle) : Got hands on my first wheels while in 6th standard(1997). Although a manual machine, this holds a special place in my heart owing to the sheer happiness it brought me during those days. Still have it with us and ride it in lanes of Bhubaneswar whenever I get a chance.
2) Bajaj Discover 135CC : I learned biking in my father's rajdoot that is still going strong today even after nearly 25 years. Got one more precious gift from parents during 2nd year of engineering, a bajaj discover 135(Red & Black). Loved every bit of it and it's completed 10 years now with over 80K kilometers in the ODO.
3) Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350CC : It was 2013, two years into job and I finally managed to buy the bull. With a 5 months waiting period then, it was worth all the wait. Covered much distance and created many memories with my girl friend(Better half now) in pillion seat and sometimes in driver seat as well with me being the cautious pillion. The bull is now in caring hands of my brother and roaring in the roads of Odisha.
4) Yamaha Alpha : Post marriage in 2016, it was time to have a daily commute option for my wife. What's better than a gear-less scooter. Here comes the Yamaha alpha in June, 2016.
5) Honda City V MT Petrol : My latest purchase in March 2017. The first 4 wheeler in my family. Had a sense of accomplishment when drove my parents in and around Bengaluru during their last visit and saw the pride smile in their face.

Think I stretched the introduction a bit, maybe the excitement of first post. Will post detailed ownership reviews on each of the machines and some past dated travelogues in coming days.

Thanks again for building this wonderful platform for all auto enthusiasts.

Best Regards,
Suryendu
A proud team BHP member clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suryendu87 (Post 4215371)
I learned biking in my father's rajdoot that is still going strong today even after nearly 25 years.

You stirred some long stagnant emotions there :). Without rhyme or reason, Rajdoot has always occupied a special space in my heart. The memory of a neighbour's steed, ridden pillion almost 20 years ago, still gives me goosebumps. Would love to read an ownership report of your quarter centurion.

Congrats on your membership and a hearty welcome to the forum.

Thanks dailydriver.

Rajdoot is the prized possession of my father and is with him in Bhubaneswar. I stay out at Bengaluru. But whenever I visit Bhubaneswar, will certainly share a report with loads of cpics: