Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2017, 10:46   #1
BHPian

Hello, I知 Aayush

Hi. I am Aayush Arya from Siliguri, in West Bengal.

Having always been passionate about technology, I used to be a pretty active member of the Digit Forum in its heyday. That led to a writing assignment with the company, which eventually pushed me into a career in freelance technology journalism while I was still in high school.

In a span of six years, I wrote for several publications, like Apple Matters, Macworld and Smoking Apples. My freelance career culminated in a full-time position with The Next Web, where I served as India Editor & Apps Co-Editor for a year.

I shifted from writing to interior design in 2012, when I founded 6Hues Interior Design Studio in Siliguri, and have been at it for five years now. I知 28, and that痴 been my professional career so far.

The other notable thing I did in 2012 was buy my first預nd, so far, only幼ar: the Hyundai Verna 1.6D SX(O) MT. It has served me well, but has required a little more maintenance than I was used to with our 16-year-old Hyundai Santro. It is still a fantastic car though!

When deciding which car to buy, Team-BHP was an invaluable research tool and I spent hours poring over official review and ownership threads on this forum. Like most of you here, I am sure, I am an immaculate researcher and will study everything to the finest detail before making a decision. This forum is the ideal place for obsessives like me.

I知 currently in the market for a new car and will make a thread about it if I see the need for it. I have already spent a month mulling it over and reading Team-BHP about prospective models. I have my eyes set on the India bound Maruti Suzuki S-Cross 2017, should it be launched with a powerful petrol motor mated to an AGS transmission in the top trim.

But that痴 a discussion for another day. For now, I could not be more pleased to be writing this here, on my first ever thread on Team-BHP. This was a long time coming. I know it値l be a whale of a time discussing cars with fellow enthusiasts like you, and I cannot wait to get started.
aryayush is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 12:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello, I知 Aayush

Enjoy your drive with T-BHP. You have very good and passionate co passengers here.

Career transitioning to Interior design from editing is quite amazing. Interior designing is something I am currently attracted to.Will be good to learn from you before I start working on my house next year.

Great to have diverse people joining the forum.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 18:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Hi. I am Aayush Arya from Siliguri, in West Bengal.

Having always been passionate about technology, I used to be a pretty active member of the Digit Forum in its heyday. That led to a writing assignment with the company, which eventually pushed me into a career in freelance technology journalism while I was still in high school.
Welcome Aayush! Good to have you on Team-BHP.

I've been a long time reader of MacWorld - maybe I've read some of your work. I'm sure you will be a frequent poster here - our gadgets and software threads.

Go through here once for the various rules of the forum.

Last edited by blackwasp : 9th July 2017 at 18:32.
Old 9th July 2017, 21:05   #4
BHPian

Thank you. I've written over two thousand articles for Macworld, so I'm sure you've read a few. The stuff relevant to India would always be snatched up by me, rare though it used to be back then.
Old 9th July 2017, 23:16   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Aayush!
Glad to welcome you on forum.

Is there a Nexa dealer at Siliguri? Didn't spot any. In fact, I just came back from Siliguri today. Hope to see you soon in real as well.
Old 9th July 2017, 23:50   #6
BHPian

Hi! I just posted in the Siliguri thread you started two years ago suggesting that we meet up. I recently completed a house renovation project in Purnea and am currently working on two flats in Siliguri which belong to residents of Purnea. I would love to host you at our office when you come here next.

Mr. Basant Agarwal of Sevoke Motors recently opened a Nexa showroom as well. The RM there made a pretty convincing case for the S-Cross when I壇 went there looking for the Vitara Brezza (I got confused about which showroom it would be in). I致e all but assured him that I will be his first customer when the petrol automatic S-Cross facelift is launched.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks