Team-BHP - Hello Team-BHP. Thank you for accepting me as a member
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello Team-BHP. Thank you for accepting me as a member (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/188744-hello-team-bhp-thank-you-accepting-me-member.html)

So, finally I am a BHPian. First of all, I would like to thank Mods for approving my membership. Ever since I came across Team-bhp during my third year of college, It was a dream to become a BHPian someday. I have lost counts of my previous attempts to get this knighthood of Indian auto-enthusiasts. But I always remained a fan and always felt connected to this community of petrolheads.

I was born with two passions. One was for automobiles and the other was for music. I was born and raised in Uttarakhand. When I was a kid, my favourite toys always had four wheels. I had a big collection of toy cars, and my favourite pastime was to run those cars on the boundary wall of my house. I used to fantasize about driving a car (or sometimes a bus or truck). Any circular object was my steering wheel and any stick like thing was my gear lever. My favourite dream was how the driver of my school bus falls ill midway, and then I drive the bus to reach school safely (Thank God ! it never came true)stupid:. I told my parents that I want to become a truck driver, but they laughed-off my serious wish. I would sit beside the driver and keenly observe him driving the vehicle. The only automobile we had in our house was a 1988 Bajaj Super. I used to take out the keys from my father’s pocket and would take that scooter for a ride when I was in eighth standard. I was very keen in knowing the technical aspects of it. I had my own collection of tools, spark-plugs, worn out gears etc. When I was in 10th standard, I did a dissection of the engine of that scooter. After that, I wasn’t allowed to touch that old kid.

Against the wish of my software engineer siblings, I opted for Mechanical Engineering. Sole idea was to make a career around engines and cars. But, my passion was specific, my stream was general. My passion was behind the steering wheel, my engineering was somewhere deep under the hood. During college I got my first bike, a TVS Victor. Then after two years Victor was replaced with a Discover. Till the date, I have ridden around 1,20,000 kms in total. I did six months internship at Mahindra. After that I worked as a research fellow for an engine research lab. I gained some good firsthand experience on IC engines and alternate fuels. I worked for Bosch Chassis Systems ltd for a very short duration but had to quit due to some family obligations. I came back to my hometown and started working as an educator. I also work as a lyricist/composer and write jingles and songs for local bands.

I started saving some money as soon as I got my first job. Within a few months I was able to buy myself a pre-worshiped 2003 Maruti 800AC. Nobody ever taught me how to drive a car, my childhood observation worked well for it. The car is still my daily drive. I have driven it for around 40,000 kms in last 3 years. My love for my car is very well known among my friends and family. I have pushed my limits with this car. I have driven it on winding hilly roads, off-road, highways, narrow lanes, on snow etc. This humble old kid has given me some very special memories for a lifetime without a single road side breakdown (not even a flat tyre). This year my car started showing its age. It was also due to the roads I had taken it to. My FNG suggested me that it is the time to scrap it off and buy myself a new car. My friends and family also said the same. But it was my heart and my love for the car that was stopping me from sending it to a scrap-yard. My heart overrode my mind, and I gave it for a restoration. I ended up spending over 50k on my 14 year old car. I don’t know how long my heart will be able to override my mind, but till then my 800 will keep satiating my wanderlust.

Here are a few pics of my ride:

My drive, a Maruti 800 MPFI:
Hello Team-BHP. Thank you for accepting me as a member-img_20150616_182520.jpg

A few more pics from the front seats:
Hello Team-BHP. Thank you for accepting me as a member-img_9068.jpg

Have I mentioned off-road somewhere above?
Hello Team-BHP. Thank you for accepting me as a member-u2.jpg

Hello Team-BHP. Thank you for accepting me as a member-t2.jpg

Hello Team-BHP. Thank you for accepting me as a member-img_1289.jpg

Hello Team-BHP. Thank you for accepting me as a member-img_6175.jpg

After the recent restoration:
Hello Team-BHP. Thank you for accepting me as a member-16797570_10212472505916119_2282419990682729328_o.jpg

Welcome on board, Udit.
Good to read about your love for your M800. That's a brand most of us have graduated from. That was my first car and the thrill and excitement that I had on owning a new M800 cannot be matched.
Reading your dreams and fantasies, I am sure you will have a great time on this platform.
Regards
Sravan

Thats one roller coaster ride you have been having! Nice to see you around.

Welcome on Team-BHP Udit!

Your passion shines through the write-up and the beautiful photos. Wish you many miles of happy ownership on the small gem you have there!

Welcome Udit !!

Nice to see another member from a small hill state of UK. With the pictures, you took me back to the good old days, I so miss those winding roads.

Have a great time here 👍🏼

Welcome aboard Udit to your very own forum. Please take pride having finally made up to this.

Besides automotives, we share a lot in common, viz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Udit (Post 4236298)
I was born and raised in Uttarakhand.

Quote:

...and my favourite pastime was to run those cars on the boundary wall of my house.

Quote:

Any circular object was my steering wheel and any stick like thing was my gear lever.

Quote:

I would sit beside the driver and keenly observe him driving the vehicle.

That said, I can see your 2003 model UA07 E is coming close to 15 years and RTO won't be extending its registry any further, thus rendering it illegal to stay on the roads and leaving you with no option but to scrap it. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skchettry (Post 4236372)
Welcome on board, Udit.
Good to read about your love for your M800. That's a brand most of us have graduated from. That was my first car and the thrill and excitement that I had on owning a new M800 cannot be matched.
Reading your dreams and fantasies, I am sure you will have a great time on this platform.
Regards
Sravan

Thank you sir. The first car is like first love, it always remains special.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 4236384)
Thats one roller coaster ride you have been having! Nice to see you around.

Thank you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSD2122 (Post 4236752)
Welcome on Team-BHP Udit!

Your passion shines through the write-up and the beautiful photos. Wish you many miles of happy ownership on the small gem you have there!

Thank you. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto_Hill (Post 4237061)
Welcome Udit !!

Nice to see another member from a small hill state of UK. With the pictures, you took me back to the good old days, I so miss those winding roads.

Have a great time here 👍🏼

Thank you. I am also glad to meet someone from UK on my intro thread. Not only state but, I learned from your profile that we both belong to the same region (Garhwal) too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nohonking (Post 4237597)
Welcome aboard Udit to your very own forum. Please take pride having finally made up to this.

Besides automotives, we share a lot in common, viz.

Thank you. I am amazed by the similarities you have mentioned. It's really very nice to meet you.

Quote:

That said, I can see your 2003 model UA07 E is coming close to 15 years and RTO won't be extending its registry any further, thus rendering it illegal to stay on the roads and leaving you with no option but to scrap it. Thanks.
I think RTOs in Uttarakhand are still renewing the registration after the fitness test. As per my knowledge, the 15 year rule is only for those regions where NGT has banned such renewal (e.g. NCR). I see many cars which are much more older plying on roads. I feel car has given me much more in return for all that I have spent on it. So even if it is scraped next year, I won't have any regret.