Team-BHP - Samir @ Team-BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Samir @ Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/188983-samir-team-bhp.html)

Hi everyone,

It's a pleasure to finally be a member of this forum. I've been following it for a while now.

I'm Samir, currently based in Chennai - my primary passion is computer science, which is also my profession, and alongside, I'm a car enthusiast.

I learnt driving on a Maruti 800 and a Tata Indica. The first car I used extensively was a Tata Manza 90PS Aura ABS - installed Momo wheels and a RaceChip tuning box. The next car I got was a VW Vento 1.6 TDi MT - fitted it with a Racedynamics Dieseltronics box.

Just a few days back, I was in the market for a used car, because I had to send the Vento back home to Maharashtra. After scouting around a bit, I bought a 2006 Honda Accord V6 - so that's what I've been driving for the past 4 days - and it has given me a great time since I bought it!

I hope I have a great time here, contributing and more importantly learning from the incredible seniors of Team BHP.

Best,
Samir.

Hi Samir,

Welcome to team-bhp.

Good to have another member from Chennai. Do look up the Chennai specific threads - tbhp-meets, traffic thread etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samirotiv
I bought a 2006 Honda Accord V6 - so that's what I've been driving for the past 4 days - and it has given me a great time since I bought it!

An Accord V6. Great. We don't get to see many of it on the roads nowadays. What was the price ? And the inevitable question : What is the FE like ? :)

Cheers !!!
SB.

Haha, thanks a lot!

I just got it 4 days ago. Drove 70kms and consumed 24 litres - I checked it yesterday, and found that the air pressure was 20psi. After inflating the tyres yesterday, it seems to be much better! Driven 60kms and the tank is around 85% full.

Will post updates in a few days.

I've just given the car for modding - fitting alloys, 225/R15/16 Primacy ST3s, new headlights and changing the rear seat covers.

Attaching some 'before' pictures.

Lovely car and lovely engine - will keep going for years more. Please leave this one stock :)

There’s a very long thread on v6 accords that you can easily find from a search.

We have a drive to vaniyambadi coming up on the 13th, please bring the accord.

Thanks, sounds good! Will do my best to make it.

I would have loved to leave it stock, but the alloys are quite badly aged and scratched beyond restoration, all the lights have yellowed and are a little difficult to procure, and the chrome is worn out.

My modder talked me into mildly darkening all the lights and the chrome, yesterday. After a lot of internal debate, I agreed. The way I see it, they anyway need to be changed, so no harm in trying. Let's hope it doesn't look too bad! In fact let's hope it looks good. :)

The car is a beast. It's the automatic version, so it's also a practical daily driver. Run only 33000kms so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samirotiv (Post 4243041)
Thanks, sounds good! Will do my best to make it.

Deadly V6 + AT gearbox = gas guzzler. Many congratulations on your newly acquired beast sir :D. Not many even dare to even see a V6 Accord but you've bought one in reality and that too a 11-year old beast. This is the difference between a layman (general car buying junta) and a car enthusiast. We people never use our head a bit too much if you're connected to the car and once connected all its cons are ignored. I guess this week is a 'Week of Luck' for you since, you've got your V6 beast and you got your membership approved @Team-BHP.

Looking forward to your posts @Team-BHP.

Drive safe and always buckle up,
Cheers,
Varun

I totally know what you mean, bro! I could feel that connect that this car is somehow for me.

I'm planning to write a long post sometime on how I went about buying a used car, and how I settled on this one. Also could follow up with the minor mods I'm doing on it.

I've extensively read the Accord threads before going in for this, they were a great help.