Team-BHP - I'm now part of the elite clan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   I'm now part of the elite clan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/189256-im-now-part-elite-clan.html)

Hello All,

This is Jayant. Finally I was able to make it to this wonderful forum after multiple attempts (8 to be precise) since last 7 years. Thanks to the moderators for accepting me.

I have been a regular to this forum for the past 8-9 years after a colleague (a bhpian too) introduced me to this forum. Have been hooked since then.

As an outsider I have gained a lot from the ongoing discussions. Be it a holiday destination route, accommodation, money matters, funny jokes, travel blogs and of course everything related to automobiles. Trust me for any matter I search team-bhp to check if it has any thread related to it.

Big fan of Sam Kapasi's threads, miss them a lot.

About Myself:

I am in my early Thirties. I have stayed in MP, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Karnataka (Bengaluru).

On the professional front I am working with a software MNC in Bengaluru.

I am not an expert in automobiles like most of the folks here are but thanks to Team-Bhp I have gained a lot from this forum. In fact my interest grew only after Team-bhp.

Apart from cars my interests are travelling, photography, running and cycling. Currently preparing for my first 21K in October. Discovered only last year that there exists a thread for tour de France. Follower of the running/marathon thread as well.

Vehicles I own now:

Btwin MTB Rockrider 300 (2016)
Basic commuter bike with comfortable seating and palm placement which I use for small errands and sometimes for long distance. Not so fast and average breaking but serves the purpose.

Bajaj Discover 135 CC (2007)
This is first bike that I brought after I started earning, still serves me well. At the back of my mind have plans to upgrade it in coming years.

Fiat Grande Punto (Emotion pack 1.4, 2009)
After learning driving I was looking buy my first car in 2013. Was strictly checking out new cars as I was skeptical about owning a used one. But after reading GTO's article "Buying a New Car vs Used Car" I thought of checking out a few pre-owned cars as well.

Came across a pre-owned Punto registered in 2009 in the team-bhp classifieds section and decided to buy it. Very happy with my decision as I got "more car for my money" and it is still reliable in its Ninth year even though there have been a few niggles in recent times.

I am planning to change my drive next year and among the current lot I like Skoda Rapid and Renault Duster. Would surely seek advice from the experts here once I have finalized everything.

Cheers,
Jayant

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayantvs (Post 4247998)
Hello All,

This is Jayant. Finally I was able to make it to this wonderful forum after multiple attempts (8 to be precise) since last 7 years. Thanks to the moderators for accepting me.

7 years!:Shockked: Talk about perseverance.

Quote:

I am not an expert in automobiles like most of the folks here are but thanks to Team-Bhp I have gained a lot from this forum. In fact my interest grew only after Team-bhp.
The process of learning never ends.

Quote:

Came across a pre-owned Punto registered in 2009 in the team-bhp classifieds section and decided to buy it. Very happy with my decision as I got "more car for my money" and it is still reliable in its Ninth year even though there have been a few niggles in recent times.
The VFM factor on used cars as compared to a new car is remarkable. A wise choice afterall to go for the Punto since you made it this far.

Quote:

I am planning to change my drive next year and among the current lot I like Skoda Rapid and Renault Duster.
I'm guessing you are still looking in the used car market?

Finally, let me welcome you to the forum. Hope the 7-year period was worth the wait. Looking forward to reading more posts from you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omkar (Post 4248561)
I'm guessing you are still looking in the used car market?

I have kept my options open. Need to have a lot of patience and time to select a pre-owned car which I had plenty during my last purchase. Probably I will go for a new one as I also have the benefit to lease a car from my company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omkar (Post 4248561)
Finally, let me welcome you to the forum. Hope the 7-year period was worth the wait. Looking forward to reading more posts from you.

Thanks fro the warm welcome, Omkar!! Of course the wait was worth it.

Quote:

Hello All,

Welcome to Team-BHP Jayant. Congratulations on succeeding to be a member and happy to see you here :)

Quote:

Apart from cars my interests are travelling, photography, running and cycling.

Looking forward to see your pics in photography thread.

Quote:

Currently preparing for my first 21K in October.

Best wishes on your marathon prep.

Thanks,
Pradip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pradipk (Post 4249246)
Welcome to Team-BHP Jayant. Congratulations on succeeding to be a member and happy to see you here :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Pradip!! Happy to see your post after a long time clap:

Quote:

Looking forward to see your pics in photography thread.
Sure, will try my best. But I have seen much better photographers on this forum.

Quote:

Best wishes on your marathon prep.
Thank you!! First goal would be to finish it.