Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2017, 23:13   #1
BHPian

Happy...err, excited to be here

Hello! I am the Confused.Geek and I am most certainly very happy or very excited to be here (The confusion goes with my moniker). I am from Hyderabad and I am 34. Like all of you, I have a great love for automobiles. I am also very interested in technology and gadgets. I enjoy reading. Below is my history with vehicles

On a serious note, I am really happy to be here. I've used TBHP as a place of reference on a wide variety of topics, for example my car didn't have a boot release, you had to use the key. It was a post by a TBhpian that got me to find the parts and install it on my car. I look forward to learning from everyone and sharing what I know about automobiles.

Hero Ranger Bicycle - The glorious ride of my childhood. Had to be washed every week. Pestered my dad to oil the chain every Sunday (I believed it'd increase performance, okay! I was 8 years old then). Rode it all the way till my final day in junior college.

Hero Puch Moped: Before someone replies with all the fun they had on this much sought after moped of the late 90's, I had the automatic. Yes, I was that guy. Dad refused to buy me one with gears till I turned 18 and hence I was the guy who rode around on the Hero Puch automatic. But then, I have some great memories on this one and being my first real engine powered ride, a special place in my heart.

Kinetic Honda DX: Inherited it from my father. This is a special one for me. This was the one that got me really interested in automobiles. I always wondered why my father rode this instead of a Chetak or Vespa like my friend's fathers did and he explained that for him, the features really mattered. The electric start, the full back lit speedometer unit, the separate fuel and oil tank, the rear break lock and the comfortable seat. This possibly laid down the foundation for me to look for the best mix of features and comfort when ever I considered vehicles, since then.

Kawasaki Bajaj KB125: At the time most kids my age wanted a RX100, I was the oddball who went hunting for this one and purchased it in used condition in 2002. It was in good condition when I bought it and all though it is now collecting dust, I hope to restore it one day. This was the motorcycle that made me fall in love with riding. My first real ride was from Hyderabad to Bangalore in December 2002. Started early in the morning around 4am from Hyderabad and made my way to Bangalore and reached my aunt's house late in the evening. I couldn't sleep well that night. Partly because my entire body was stiff, but mainly because of the sense of achievement and excitement I had. This too was a mix of features and comfort for me. The engine kill switch, the easy to see speedo and tacho unit, the separate oil tank with the small view port on the right cover to check oil levels. The carb was hidden behind the casing and had lesser dirt going near it, the idling adjuster was easy to access and its long wheel base made for excellent handling for me. The only real problem was the seat. Very narrow and sometimes uncomfortable unless you had a foam cover installed over it to increase width and cushioning. I eventually rode most of Karnataka, parts of Kerala and Tamil Nadu and most of Andhra Pradesh on this bike, until my first job started and I found lesser time to ride and eventually neglected this motorycle.

Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi - My first car. When I was in college, I dreamed of buying my first car without a loan, so in 2006 with my mother's blessings and her pitching in a bit, I got my first car, this one. No loan and it was all mine. To date it is the car I drive. 12 years, 1lakh 10 thousand kilometres, covered all four southern states in it. Have had amazing times with this happy little car. I know it isn't powerful nor really feature rich, but just the right car for me so far.

Cars I wish to own. I am a huge fan of Mercedes. My current dream is to own a Mercedes and someday I'll make it real.
confused.geek is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 14:41   #2
BANNED

re: Happy...err, excited to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused.geek View Post
I am from Hyderabad and I am 34.
Welcome on-board buddy. Happy to see another Hyderabadi​ on the forum.

Do post images of the vehicles plus post the long term ownership reviews of your vehicle's. Will be of immense help to all here.

You must be familiar with the forum rules anyway, in case not, please go through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused.geek View Post
I am a huge fan of Mercedes. My current dream is to own a Mercedes and someday I'll make it real.
Waiting for it.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 14:47   #3
BHPian

re: Happy...err, excited to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Welcome on-board buddy. Happy to see another Hyderabadi​ on the forum.
Thank you good Sir! I will update my garage and post the long term ownership reviews as well. The Merc dream seems to be a little distant because the "own a home" one has taken hold. Once I manage to streamline my finances in the year or so to come, the Merc definitely is on my cards.
confused.geek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 22:45   #4
BHPian

Re: Happy...err, excited to be here

Welcome buddy...

Keep pursuing the dream and trust me, you'd reach it sooner than you can imagine.. this coming from a guy who could rarely afford petrol for a scooter (15 years ago) in college to now having the pleasure of driving a Beemer.. Cheers
KAUBMW7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 20:17   #5
BHPian

Re: Happy...err, excited to be here

Thank you Good Sir! Thank you! I very much plan to keep the dream alive and make it a reality.

A beemer. Driven a few belonging to others. Loved the way they handle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks