Team-BHP - Got BHP? Finally!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Got BHP? Finally! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/189833-got-bhp-finally.html)

A full year after my last attempt, a lonely night at my desk in college browsing the forum as usual, I figured I might as well try again!
And finally I'm in :D
This is Kartik Sunil, a naive student pursuing Mechanical Engineering in the hopes of working in the automotive industry someday hehe. Lived in Bangalore my whole life, my own two legs and autos were my only mode of transport until December last year when I finally got my license after a total joke of a driving test lol:
My parents tell me that when I was a kid, I used to remember names of cars on the roads easier than my friends and family! Loved cars my whole life, the only fights I ever remember having with my dad was about how many motoring magazines I was allowed to subscribe to, and three years later, how many of them I was forced to throw away.
I stumbled upon TBHP in the wee months of 2012 while looking for a replacement for our Honda City, and I've been hooked ever since. A favourite line at home is "Read a textbook, not TBHP!"
We have 301 horses packed in the family stable in the form of in 2005 Honda City GXI, 2012 Renault Fluence E4 DCi and a 2017 Honda City VMT i-VTEC.
After a wait of 5 years which couldn't have come soon enough, I can't wait to start contributing!

Best,
Kartik

Welcome to TBHP. Enjoy your stay and also exchange information with members. I will suggest go slow in the beginning to learn the ropes. Observe carefully and feel the pulse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4259807)
Welcome to TBHP. Enjoy your stay and also exchange information with members. I will suggest go slow in the beginning to learn the ropes. Observe carefully and feel the pulse.

Thank you very much sir! Looking forward to learning from the best :)

Welcome aboard Knight_Kar!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight_Kar (Post 4259483)
This is Kartik Sunil, a naive student pursuing Mechanical Engineering in the hopes of working in the automotive industry someday hehe.

Wish you luck in making your passion as a profession. I couldn't though with automobiles but with computers(a rung below).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight_Kar (Post 4259483)
We have 301 horses packed in the family stable in the form of in 2005 Honda City GXI, 2012 Renault Fluence E4 DCi and a 2017 Honda City VMT i-VTEC.

I am pretty damn sure, you'd be admiring your '05 City much more than the '17 for the sheer all-round quality of the former. Please do care to share your views on this and also on Honda India: The Way Forward.

But before that, do buckle-up yourself with the forum rules. Have a great journey ahead! Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nohonking (Post 4260079)
Welcome aboard Knight_Kar!

Thanks!

Going from an '05 to a '17, the change in build quality is very apparent. All during our ownership of the Fluence who's ASS was never up to the mark, my dad would always compare it with the ease and reliability of our '05 City. 12 years on, the car still feels solid with no signs of giving up on us whatever.
However, we had quite a bad experience with our new City right from delivery, when there were two dents on the front right bumper. Also, the car was delivered to us with a non functional ICE. No one wants to give a brand new car back to the dealer, a week after delivery! While you can't compare the two in terms of safety, equipment and power, the 2005 City is dependable like nothing else.
My opinion on the '05 is a little biased, considering it was the car I spent my whole childhood in, the car I learned to drive in, as well as the car my parents graciously gave me to drive after I got my license!
There's a very special place in my heart for that car.