Team-BHP - Exciting story in two words: 'Membership Approved'
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Exciting story in two words: 'Membership Approved' (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/189882-exciting-story-two-words-membership-approved.html)

Hello everyone,

This may get long. Embrace yourself!

TLDR; Prasun, Udaipur, IT Startup/Small Scale Business, Cars are emotion, and Safari is spelt as L-O-V-E!

Longer Version
This is Prasun. Fond of carrying the same handle across almost all social media wherever I am. Born into a bong family in the Venice of East, Udaipur (Rajasthan) and being brought up here added greatly to my palette and made me absorb the best of both worlds, culturally, and cullinarily. Speaking of which, I'm a great foodie. I believe those who say alcohol is the ultimate reliever from sorrows, haven't tasted good food yet!

My love for cars can be related to as long I can recall back in my existence timeline. My parents said when I learnt walking, every evening my grandpa would take me for a walk in the colony, and I'd go carspotting and confirm names of every new car I saw.

In about mid 2009 after my schooling, I came across Team-BHP and been a silent watcher ever since. Followed it real close. Even to date, I open TBHP more than any social media daily. My home was in a pretty underdeveloped area. Learnt driving car on 'Mere Dad ki Maruti-800' right after bicycle at a minor age (under supervision) in the open grounds in front of my home, for sake of any emergency if it arises. Though I never took it to streets, it actually paid off when a farm with good sandalwood deposits and a dried tree just adjacent to parking wall caught massive fire. Learnt driving bike after that, and later on hopped in to learn a scooty. Looking back, I strongly condemn driving illegally or at a minor age, but glad that I never misused the responsibility that came with the trust of keys.

Getting the Membership application approved is rewarding in itself when you have been following the community for so long.

If there could be any 'Love at first sight' in my life, it was Tata Safari TCIC version (that had the dual barrel headlamps). Since then it ignited the love for SUVs in me, and no doubt, the great unparalleled love for Safari. A long list of favourites apart from Safari alone. A few to name them would be BMW X6, Volvo V40, Lamborghini Aventador, Evoque, F type, Aston Martin DB-11, Jaguar XJL, Merc E-class (W123 and the 2016 pre facelift one) and more. As you might be able to jusge, looks do matter to me in terms of design, since it has to do something with my career as well (related to designing, not cars). For me, interior design matters more than exteriors as that'll be a place I'd love to spend most of the time. My choice may appear as a mixed bag, and that's what I am. A selective mixture, probably unique to the planet. But by now, probably you got the way I think or love cars. For me, "if I haven't purchased it, I don't have it" is my mantra for almost everything. So, I don't own any car as I write here.

Professionally, I've been a self learned and a startup guy. Right from within the college days, joined hands with a few friends to start working on what became the city's biggest online media in the coming years. Carried the feeling of nomadic soul, have consulted a few startups and organizations independently and happy to see them growing. For a reference, I'm an average IT guy with a good taste, and gets things done. Personally, have tried my hands on everything you can recall as basics. From building webpages, to websites, to content writing, blogging, designing (both web and graphics), shooting (photography and videos), ecommerce, bigger portals, marketing, android apps, etc. to even things like using Tally, etc. You name it I've got my hands on it at some point of time within the running decade. While I may not be personally rocking in all above, I like to learn and it helps me think better and do better at things what I already do good, with a better perspective. Also, being in startups throughout this small journey helped me gain knowledge from multiple parallel streams.

Probably by this time you might have pictured me as a geek/nerd/allrounder, or a boaster but I'm just a curious guy and a learner. As I write, there have been more stretches of failures than the small sparks of success. But I strongly embrace and advocate failures. The lovely thing is, failures make you unbreakable for whats coming next. Though I'm yet to make it big, I personally hope every failure has made me stronger and wiser than before. Working on my baby, which is a small scale IT business (because the word startup is more than overhyped) right in the city of lakes. It has to be bootstrapped is my only aim.

Looking forward to learn from the fellow BHPians, and share my experiences as well!
Thank you for reading through this long post. Do let me know if it was boring already.
Cheerio

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee (Post 4260608)

TLDR; Prasun, Udaipur, IT Startup/Small Scale Business, Cars are emotion, and Safari is spelt as L-O-V-E!

Hi Prasun, welcome to Team-BHP! Before you start, do take a look at the various rules.

Quote:

I believe those who say alcohol is the ultimate reliever from sorrows, haven't tasted good food yet!
agree:

Quote:

As I write, there have been more stretches of failures than the small sparks of success. But I strongly embrace and advocate failures. The lovely thing is, failures make you unbreakable for whats coming next. Though I'm yet to make it big, I personally hope every failure has made me stronger and wiser than before.
This is a very valuable lesson and very difficult to come terms to. I do agree that failures make you stronger, but it take a lot of effort to not give up on the first bad patch. Looking forward to your posts on Team-BHP.