Team-BHP - Membership Approved: The golden words!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Membership Approved: The golden words! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/189981-membership-approved-golden-words.html)

Finally I have the glory of being accepted into this community, a community which is more of a closed-knit family, a family united by a common love- automobiles, and specially cars. I’ve been a close follower of TBHP, been lurking around almost 7 years as a regular visitor. These 7 years saw a transition from a school-going std 12th lad, to an engineering student, to an office going person, and the transition had one thing in common- Team BHP! Have been visiting Team BHP from the time when we had dial up internet connection that gave 128kbps. (Correct me if the speed was still less:deadhorse)

Now coming to who am I? It’s a long story, but I’ll keep it short-I was born and brought up in Bihar. Spent a major part of my life at Bhagalpur (19 years since birth) and I’m currently settled in Bangalore. The love for automobiles started with toy cars, which gradually moved to real machines- yes, scooters were the first ones. My dad owned a Bajaj Chetak 150, and I always fancied riding it. I would accompany my Dad during the cleaning and fixing sessions. (Yes, my Dad too is a big time petrolhead, who believes in cleaning and fixing minor issues on his vehicles himself! The same has passed on to me as well) As I grew up, I fell in love with bikes, and progressed to cars, trucks, buses and very soon, I was hooked to everything that moved (on wheels, of course stupid:). Those days, we did not have so much internet access, so I used to quench my thirst with the Autocar copies that we got free with our M800. Later I saved from my pocket money to buy copies of Overdrive and Autocar, and posters of Lambys and Ferraris. Another teacher I have is my elder brother. (He too is a BHPian, and he is the one who introduced me to Team BHP!) He was the one who explained me the intricacies of Automobiles-Engines, Gear Boxes, Power Trains etc. The love and bond with the Iron Horses and likes has only grown further.

I went on to pass out as a EEE grad, and now I work with a premier IT Services Company of our country, as a Technology Analyst. The easier access to Internet, and fora like TBHP, xBHP etc. have fueled my addiction further. Outside automobiles, my interests lie in travelling (and relishing on local delicacies of the places I visit), cooking, photography, writing hindi poetry and playing some musical instruments. I started driving on a Maruti Suzuki 800 as soon as I got my DL. Currently, we have a Maruti Suzuki Celerio Vxi (Dad) and a Hyundai Santro Xing XO (Elder Brother). I recently acquired a two- wheeled beast, i.e. Bajaj Dominar 400 ABS, and have christened it as Nandi!

Ending up here in TBHP, I’m in the right place, to cure my addiction. Sitting in my office, when I received the membership approval mail, I almost jumped off my seat. (Leaving my colleagues in utter dismay). On this note, I would like to wind up my post and I hope to have an enlightening exchange of ideas and knowledge through TBHP. Thank you Moderators, for this opportunity given to me.

Cheers!

Welcome to Team BHP, Shekhar, it's an awesome place to be in, I can assure you :)

Please post your experiences with your rides, and wishing you all the best !

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooza (Post 4262495)
Welcome to Team BHP, Shekhar, it's an awesome place to be in, I can assure you :)

Thank you So much sir! Indeed, Team BHP is an awesome place to be in, with ao much of knowledge in store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooza (Post 4262495)
Please post your experiences with your rides, and wishing you all the best !

Wil surely do! I am here to contribute the best I can to this forum!:)

Hi Shekhar,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shekhar2509 (Post 4262463)
Those days, we did not have so much internet access, so I used to quench my thirst with the Autocar copies that we got free with our M800. Later I saved from my pocket money to buy copies of Overdrive and Autocar, and posters of Lambys and Ferraris.

Before the internet (and Team-BHP in particular) came along, I guess all of us referred to magazines for information on cars and bikes. :)

Quote:

Another teacher I have is my elder brother. (He too is a BHPian, and he is the one who introduced me to Team BHP!) He was the one who explained me the intricacies of Automobiles-Engines, Gear Boxes, Power Trains etc.
That's great to know. What's his username?

Quote:

Outside automobiles, my interests lie in travelling (and relishing on local delicacies of the places I visit), cooking, photography, writing hindi poetry and playing some musical instruments.
We have threads on multiple topics including some of your interests. Our travelogues section, in particular, is very informative.

Quote:

I recently acquired a two- wheeled beast, i.e. Bajaj Dominar 400 ABS, and have christened it as Nandi!
Nice. We'll await a detailed ownership report from you, but go through this thread carefully before starting your report.

Quote:

Ending up here in TBHP, I’m in the right place, to cure my addiction.
It certainly is the best place on the net for everything related to automobiles and beyond.

Trust you have gone through the posting rules of the forum.

See you around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4263214)
Hi Shekhar,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.

Thanks a ton Aditya! :)

Quote:

Before the internet (and Team-BHP in particular) came along, I guess all of us referred to magazines for information on cars and bikes. :)

True that! Now we have Team BHP, the bible for all petrolheads.

Quote:

That's great to know. What's his username?

He goes by the username Lordsharan.

Quote:

We have threads on multiple topics including some of your interests. Our travelogues section, in particular, is very informative.

I am addicted to the travelogues section. The beautiful and detailed write-ups and those lovely pics in each travelogue, boy I am simply in love with.

Quote:

Nice. We'll await a detailed ownership report from you, but go through this thread carefully before starting your report.

Sure. I am in process of compiling one. :)

Quote:

It certainly is the best place on the net for everything related to automobiles and beyond.

agree: Indeed. even in office, my browser has team BHP open on it, getting refreshed every 10 minutes or so!

Quote:

Trust you have gone through the posting rules of the forum.

See you around.

Yes! I have gone through the rules sections a number of times, and I assure to abide by them.

Cheers!