Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2017, 20:50   #1

Hello everyone!

Patience you must have, my young padawan. Yoda did not say these words lightly, and neither did Team-BHP when I first tried to get in here.

I rolled up my sleeves and decided to try again. Got home after driving for 3 hours straight last Friday (Bangalore + rains = mayhem) and the approval mail was waiting in my inbox. Nothing could have been better at that point in time!!

Anyway, about me. I am a 29 year old from Bangalore, I work in the IT industry. I love to travel, amateur photographer, I love to read - most of all I love the sound of wheels on tarmac. Driving is my guilty pleasure Places on my list are Leh, Tawang and Sikkhim, I hope I accomplish this before the geo-political scene changes.

My ownership record,
  1. Suzuki Swift VXi 2006 - First car I bought with my own money, very good memories in it. Sold
  2. VW Polo GT TDi 2016 - Daily driver
  3. Suzuki Gypsy 1.3 MPFI - Latest acquisition, pic below - Isn't she a hottie

I am planning on uploading a few ownership reports soon.

Thanks a lot for having me here!!

Regards,
Yagnesh
Attached Thumbnails
Hello everyone!-img_20170909_124143.jpg  

yagnesh_r is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 10:18   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagnesh_r View Post
Patience you must have, my young padawan. Yoda did not say these words lightly, and neither did Team-BHP when I first tried to get in here.
Welcome to our home, Yagnesh!

Quote:
VW Polo GT TDi 2016 - Daily driver
Suzuki Gypsy 1.3 MPFI
Good taste in cars man and it's especially refreshing to see someone buy a new Gypsy. Hope you plan to take her 4-wheeling. Lots of opportunities in the South.
Old 12th September 2017, 13:57   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome to our home, Yagnesh!

Good taste in cars man and it's especially refreshing to see someone buy a new Gypsy. Hope you plan to take her 4-wheeling. Lots of opportunities in the South.
Thanks Sir!

I most definitely plan on taking her off-road, as soon as I buy her some better shoes and maybe some other mods. Found the stock Gypsy to be very competent at Hesaraghatta (lots of slush / grass nowadays)
Old 12th September 2017, 15:05   #4
BHPian

Welcome to team-BHP, Yagnesh.

When did you go to Hesaraghatta? I thought it was closed down to preserve the ecosystem?

I'll plan an outing to Hesaraghtta if it is still open to public!
Old 12th September 2017, 15:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
Welcome to team-BHP, Yagnesh.

When did you go to Hesaraghatta? I thought it was closed down to preserve the ecosystem?

I'll plan an outing to Hesaraghtta if it is still open to public!
Hey Paradiddle, I went last Saturday. I saw 4-5 other groups, just hanging out with their cameras by the lake. Nice place for a picnic.

I have attached a map with 2 points of entry. Point 1 is easy to get into. Inside you will find dry flat ground and a huge lake.

Point 2 is a bit tricky and is guarded by a steep, slushy slope. I suggest you take a 4x4 if you want to get in here. Once you get in it is grassland, slush and a meandering stream. Also, I do not think you cannot go all the way from point 2 to point 1, even though Google shows a goat path. The lake has grown significantly due to recent rains. Have fun!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hello everyone!-hesaraghatta.png  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks