Team-BHP - Greetings, nice to finally be onboard
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Greetings, nice to finally be onboard (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/190602-greetings-nice-finally-onboard.html)

Greetings Everyone.

Ithaca is an island in the Ionian Sea of Greece.

Ithaca is also a city in New York State and the reason I chose this handle is that while watching the TV Series "Friends", a character mentions Ithaca but pronounces it the NY way - Ithica.

My brother mentioned to me at that time that this is the proper pronunciation and not Ithaka as we would assume it would be. And this has stuck with me forever and seems to be my favorite user name in most places.

I am a mechanical engineer by education and currently on a break after working "hard" for past 21 years. Now I spend my time taking classes in technical institutes near my home and at times assisting my company in technical matters. I worked as a marine engineer and since it started getting a bit hectic, stressful and affecting my physical and mental health, i decided to take a self imposed exile for a while.

My hobbies include reading, music and movies. I love interesting thrillers and have a list of favorite authors whose books I buy irrespective of how their reviews are. Has become a habit now. The usual suspects - Clive Cussler, Dick Francis, Patricia Cornwell, Tom Clancy, Vince Flynn, Brad Thor, David Baldacci, Lee Child and now plan to start on Michael Connelly.

Currently restarted the Game Of Thrones book series and appreciating them even more; now that I can associate how the book characters would look by the TV characters who portray them.

The cars I owned & currently own are Honda City, Maruti Swift, Honda CR-V (sold) and my father's old Fiat. The CR-V was a beauty in every respect but with the northward rise of Petrol prices, running the vehicle became expensive after my father retired and its usage came down and it had to be given away - one regret I will always repent. The City is my daily driver and since it was the first vehicle I purchased without a penny from my parents, it is dear to me and will always have a special place in my heart.

I have no experience driving VAG / Skoda or the German three so I realize I have missed out on driving dynamics that most passionate members talk about. Would love to buy them though - lets see how that pans out.

My next vehicle will to be the HR-V or Civic if they are launched here. Have been postponing my purchase decision after reading rumours of their launch on this forum.

Team-Bhp has been my go - to site for every query I have had - automotive related or otherwise. The wealth of information shared here on diverse and varied topics by a gamut of knowledgeable & enthusiastic members is a treat to enjoy and topics that I never assumed to find on an Auto forum were methodically read and information gleaned.

I will end my introduction post here and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Special thanks to GTO for encouraging me to become a member and I am greatful to him and other moderators for approving my membership.

Be safe always and live a long & prosperous live.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithaca (Post 4274081)
Greetings Everyone.

Ithaca is an island in the Ionian Sea of Greece.

Great introduction there and I nice handle! :)
Looking forward to interact with you over the posts here.

@ vb-san, thank you for your kind words

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithaca (Post 4274081)
My hobbies include reading, music and movies. I love interesting thrillers and have a list of favorite authors whose books I buy irrespective of how their reviews are. Has become a habit now. The usual suspects - Clive Cussler, Dick Francis, Patricia Cornwell, Tom Clancy, Vince Flynn, Brad Thor, David Baldacci, Lee Child and now plan to start on Michael Connelly.

Wow, it is very rare to come across another avid reader. Thanks to kindle, there is space for us to live in our home. Despite giving away tons of books to relatives and friends, we still have a lot of them. Funnily, dad too reads many books and we've at times got the same book twice and ended up with multiple copies of the same book. Jack Reacher is my favourite character.

Quote:

...my father's old Fiat.The City is my daily driver and since it was the first vehicle I purchased without a penny from my parents, it is dear to me and will always have a special place in my heart...
Is the Fiat still around? Would love to see some pictures of her. The first car is always dear. The City is a very competent vehicle and was one of the top ones when we were car hunting. I would like to know your experience with the car and the after sales service of Honda.

Have fun on the forum, please take a look at the forum rules once. Looking forward to see you around the forum.

@ Blackwasp
No sir, the Fiat was sold decades ago but she was where I learnt to drive.

Kindle has freed up so much book space as all my personal purchases are on the kindle app. Imagine holding an 800 page Game of Thrones book while lying down & reading. A smartphone or tablet enabled with Kindle is a lighter option.

If you love Jack Reacher, give Vince Flynn a try. His hero is a black ops operative - Mitch Rapp and his books are action packed joy rides. Same for Brad Thor whose hero is Scot Harvath - again a black ops operative. Though Vince Flynn writes slightly better.

I am extremely satisfied with the Honda ASC who take great care of City. It is only due to this experience that I plan to go for either the HR-V or Civic if they are launched.

Thank you for your post on my thread.