Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 17:33   #1
BHPian

To new beginnings

Hello all,

Somewhere between saying "My name is ..." in my first ever elocution competition to saying "This is ..." at every other work call that happens over the week, I have grown up. And I begin my introduction with this particular anecdote from my life because I turned 27 exactly a fortnight ago.

My name is Sameer and just like most of you on this forum, I am a petrolhead before anything. Since I also love sleep and I reside in a house with the number 148, sleepyhead148 stands out as a good handle. And before I type out the rest of my brief intro, let me put it on record that I'm humbled to be in the august presence of fellow petrolheads. I've been following this forum from the sidelines for quite a while, actively from late 2013, and it feels very pleasant to now be a part of TBHP.

By the day I am a lowly analyst in a marketing firm, who someday aspires to become a teacher. Cars and bikes are an integral part of my life, due to my fascination for push back and scaled down models of my childhood. I still have a 1995 edition MRF Rally Jeep, which I hope to pass down the generations and I'm also starting to collect scaled down car models. Aside from my interest in automobiles, I am also a part of Bengaluru's thriving book-readers, board-gamers, poetry and SQL community, being a core member of two pan-India clubs. In my free time, you can find me roaming the different bookstores dotting the city, or attending any event having literary significance. I also travel , and make sure that I have at least one major vacation each year. I have done my schooling in Mumbai and my masters in Chennai, so have seen lives of three major metros in the country.

I own a 2016 model Hyundai Grand i10, whom I refer to as Bro. I used to previously own a 2013 model Maruti Alto 800, nicknamed Chotu, which was traded for the Bro with a very heavy heart. My earliest memories of an automobile have been my father's 1984 model Yezdi Classic and a 2001 model Maruti Omni. I have also, in the past, successfully influenced him to buy a Maruti SX4 and my uncle (dad's elder brother) to buy a VW Jetta. That way, I have driven from the humble F8D to the 2.0 TDI and the experience in each of them has been amazing. I am currently considering the Tata Nexon as a gift to my father and hope to make good on it in the near future.

And also, I hope to write the long term ownership reports of my Bro in the near future and about the travels that I undertake. This is a really happy moment for me and I look forward to every second that will be spent on this forum. As a parting shot, I leave you with these lines from Travels with Charley, written by John Steinbeck; "There are as many worlds as there are kinds of days, and as an opal changes its colors and its fire to match the nature of a day, so do I."
sleepyhead148 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:54   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: To new beginnings

Welcome sleepyhead! Enjoyed reading your well-written intro .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Since I also love sleep and I reside in a house with the number 148, sleepyhead148 stands out as a good handle.

Quote:
I still have a 1995 edition MRF Rally Jeep
Please share pics on our scale model thread!

Quote:
I am currently considering the Tata Nexon as a gift to my father and hope to make good on it in the near future.
How sweet - lucky Dad! Looking forward to your ownership reports & travelogues (because of your writing style).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:00   #3
BHPian

Re: To new beginnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How sweet - lucky Dad! Looking forward to your ownership reports & travelogues (because of your writing style).
My pleasure, sir. It is still a pipe dream, but a dream nonetheless. Till then, I shall post about the car that I have right now. Also, thank you for the warm welcome.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks