Team-BHP - Yes, I am in!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Yes, I am in! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/190867-yes-i-am.html)

Friday(29/09) evening I was at Hyundai showroom doing PDI for friend’s new Creta. The Manager of the showroom noticed my car keys which have a Team-BHP keychain. He came to me and asked are you a Team-BHP member?

I said “unfortunately not, but I am following Team-BHP from many years”

He smiled and said “we all do!!”

It was something around 16:45. We finished PDI and my friend was clearing other formalities for delivery. I was checking my phone, checking my emails.

There was a mail saying that “Team – BHP Membership APPROVED”! I opened it & read it thrice! Yes! My Team –BHP membership was approved! Hurray! I shouted in excitement.

That Manager was there only. He asked what happened. I replied that now I am Team-BHP member with a big proud smile. He congratulated me. Other SAs also came to congratulate me. It was a wonderful feeling!

So, here I am.

I am Shreyas from Anand –Gujarat, a city well known as milk-city of India because of Amul. I am into business of software development & ITES, which caters to Dairy and animal husbandry segment.

Yes I am an automobile enthusiast but I like to call myself a travel enthusiast! Of course travel and automobile enthusiasm go hand in hand.

My love for automobile started when I was 9 years old. Dad bought a Hero Honda CD 100 motorcycle. We already had Fiat Padmini Premier which was a primary vehicle of dad, so CD 100 got in my lap exclusively. I learn to drive our Fiat when I was 13 and after that there was no stopping. Our car kept changing to Fiat to Maruti 800 to Wagon R to Swift Dzire. Same way my motorcycle kept changing to CD100 to Hero Honda Passion to Hero Honda CBZ.

My “own” first vehicle came as “Yezdi 250” during my college days. It was bought after one year of saving from my pocket money. My “own” first Car was Santro Zip drive. It was booked just after I got an offer letter from Vodafone Gujarat (Hutch during 2003) (my first job). I was 22 and booked Santro without informing my parents! They came to know when bank people went to my home for verification of Car Loan. Dad called me and congratulated me for my “own car”.

Currently I am a proud owner of a Royal Enfield Classic 350 and & Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. Just recently I sold my Santro and bought a new MS Brezza. After 4 months of waiting period I got my car delivered on 17/09/2017. Why Brezza? Well! I’ll try to talk about that in my ownership thread!

I am obsessed with traveling, especially in mountains. So Himalayas are my all time favorite destination. I have travelled(self driven) to almost all the major destinations in HP, UK, J&K & Sikkim. Been to Leh thrice! Last trip to leh was October 2016 by a Duster AWD. A trip planed after reading tsk1979’s thread “Leh. Ladakh and Zanskar-The ultimate guide”. Thank you tsk1979 sir (Wow! finally I am able to thank someone at Team – BHP). My next plan is to do a self driven trip to 7+1 sisters States by MSVB.

Finally thanks a lot to all the moderators for approving my request (third attempt). Being a Tbhpian is a wonderful feeling. Now I’ll proudly paste Team-BHP sticker on my new Car. Looking forward to communicating with you all.Thanks once again!

Regards

Shreyas

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJM1214 (Post 4279129)
There was a mail saying that “Team – BHP Membership APPROVED”! I opened it & read it thrice! Yes! My Team –BHP membership was approved! Hurray! I shouted in excitement.

That Manager was there only. He asked what happened. I replied that now I am Team-BHP member with a big proud smile. He congratulated me. Other SAs also came to congratulate me. It was a wonderful feeling!

Talk about the coincidence!

Let me be the first one to welcome you to the forum.
Quote:

He smiled and said “we all do!!”
A friend of mine who was a service adviser also mentioned this. In fact, during their induction training as well as intermediate training sessions, they were told to keep themselves updated about cars by reading stuff online, especially Team-BHP.

Quote:

I was 22 and booked Santro without informing my parents! They came to know when bank people went to my home for verification of Car Loan. Dad called me and congratulated me for my “own car”.
My Dad would have called up and asked me to pack my things to live in that car:D

Quote:

I am obsessed with traveling, especially in mountains. So Himalayas are my all time favorite destination. I have travelled(self driven) to almost all the major destinations in HP, UK, J&K & Sikkim. Been to Leh thrice! Last trip to leh was October 2016 by a Duster AWD. A trip planed after reading tsk1979’s thread “Leh. Ladakh and Zanskar-The ultimate guide”. Thank you tsk1979 sir (Wow! finally I am able to thank someone at Team – BHP). My next plan is to do a self driven trip to 7+1 sisters States by MSVB.
Now that would be an interesting travelogue to read.

Also, I'm sure you must've gone through the rules of posting on the forum. Looking forward to your contribution on the forum.

Quote:

Let me be the first one to welcome you to the forum.
Thank you, Omkar! For a Warm welcome.

Quote:

My Dad would have called up and asked me to pack my things to live in that car:D
I was worried about the same. My dad was angry with me because I did not inform him. At the same time, he was happy because I would not keep bugging him for his car for my frequent trips to the north.