Team-BHP - Hello Team-BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/191230-hello-team-bhp.html)

Hi All,

First of all thank you to all of you at TeamBHP for maintaining such a wonderful, organised and informative online forum. Even though the process of getting into TeamBHP is not for the faint at heart, still thank the moderators including GTO for being patient and supportive during the process.

My name is Hanish, from Kerala but in Karnataka for ages. I am a systems architect who believes in design in India and not just make in India.

I love driving and visiting places when possible. And in a year or two, I try to visit one new place if possible. And cars are a good way to do that right. I look at cars from value for money (VFM) from my perspective (which potentially will be different from others perspectives), which is

a) Being spacious without wasting too much space on curves, but instead being functional. Well isn't it what is required at a minimum to get things or people from a to b. :Shockked:

b) Being reasonably priced based on what functionality it provides rather than on brand names. please:

c) Having sufficient safety and comfort. That is, don't compromise much on safety and comfort, when still achieving the criteria mentioned before.

d) Being flexible to adapt to needs of people or things.

e) Dont mind compromising a bit on mileage if it means being more rugged. (imagine: Frustrated icon, well how rugged is that wall).

With these being my criteria I started my vehicular journey with

a) A Maruti Alto LXI, which I used for almost 13 years and now

b) A Tata Hexa XT 4x4, which I started out few months back.

And by the way, if not us, who else will take a bit of risk and encourage Indian manufacturers, when they come out with good VFM products.

NOTE: Forgive my experiment with smiles/icons above. (Update: Sorry about those additional smileys)

I am attaching pictures of my two companions till date on this journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hkvc (Post 4285357)
Hi All,

a) A Maruti Alto LXI, which I used for almost 13 years and now

b) A Tata Hexa XT 4x4, which I started out few months back.

I am attaching pictures of my two companions till date on this journey.

Hello Hkvc,

A warm welcome to the forum!

Let me start off with the most relative aspect here - the Alto. Mine's 10 years old now and just as fun to drive as it was when I started driving it. Don't know if you have plans to sell the car, but I wish many more happy kilometers with the car.

Quote:

a) Being spacious without wasting too much space on curves, but instead being functional. Well isn't it what is required at a minimum to get things or people from a to b.

b) Being reasonably priced based on what functionality it provides rather than on brand names.

c) Having sufficient safety and comfort. That is, don't compromise much on safety and comfort, when still achieving the criteria mentioned before.

d) Being flexible to adapt to needs of people or things.

e) Dont mind compromising a bit on mileage if it means being more rugged. (imagine: Frustrated icon, well how rugged is that wall).
I'm going to add one more point to the list :
- Should be reliable and trouble free to maintain. A very important factor if you consider the long-term ownership of the car.

Looking forward to your ownership experiences of both your cars. Surely would be an interesting read.