Team-BHP - Hello!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/191558-hello.html)

Hallo!

First, I would like to thank the members of Team-BHP community for posting some awesome stuff in automotive domain. The love for cars is unparalleled here. It is always a pleasure reading through the forum. Secondly, I would thank moderators for allowing me to be part of this community.

Be prepared for a long intro post.

I am Rohit and currently staying in Pune. I am brought up in Kalyan and I am true blood Mumbaikar. I have also spent a better part of my professional life in Hyderabad and still some emotional attachment remains with Hyderabad due to awesome food. I travel a lot, mostly solo, inside and also outside India. The joy of traveling solo is unparalleled for me. I am an avid trekker and current advantage of staying in Pune are some awesome spots to trek around the city. I occasionally blog but it has become redundant since i entered my professional life. Also I love to read a lot, it always helps me to keep my mind busy. Another huge interest that I have is Railways.

There is special attachment with automotive domain because I work with one of the automotive Tier one suppliers. To be precise, I am an embedded software engineer. I am currently working in a German company in Pune.

I design and develop the software of high voltage battery management systems for a Swedish OEM. Being working for a purely electric driven EV vehicle has been quite a good experience because I learned a lot interacting with the whole team that includes system engineers, hardware engineer and finally the customer. Also we are the same company who has supplied smart key system which went in TATA Nexon.

Prior to this I worked in Hyderabad in Hyundai Mobis in their technical centre. Most of people over here know Hyundai Mobis as the part supplier to their Hyundai car. Hyundai Mobis is more involved in developing critical components of a car like Chassis, braking, airbags, advanced driver assist systems and audio-video navigation systems for HKMG.
In Hyundai Mobis, I have worked as a research engineer in air suspension systems. Working with air suspension system made me realise how you are controlling mechanical aspects of the system like air springs, dampers and reservoirs for holding the air. The system was designed to be fitted in high end cars of Hyundai and Kia. Also I worked on electronic stability control system (ESC) which was more or less a production code which went in cars having Nu, theta and GDI engines from Hyundai stable. I came to know the engine profiles as I was working on traction control which is part of ESC and engine moment was critical over here.
I have also visited our factories in Chennai. Most of people visit the main plant of Hyundai but Hyundai Mobis is the one which assembles the Front end and chassis module to main Hyundai factory. Also all the head units are made in Mobis factory and then shipped to the main plant. Even the airbags are assembled over here. Trivia: Mobis uses an inflator made by a Japanese company named as Daicel Corporation. I was surprised as Koreans still resent Japanese companies.

Prior to Mobis, I have worked in an Indian IT service company which was my first brush with automotive field. I have tested the electronic power steering systems used in VW cars(PQ25 and PQ26) modular platform. I know right now VW is betting big on MQB platform but if you strip a Polo or an older generation Passat, the EPS unit will be from a company named as TRW. Now ZF owns TRW. Also I have also worked on steering systems which went in Renault CMFA and CMFB platform. Renault Kwid is a CMFA platform car.

Cars that our family owned:
1. First generation Maruti 800. Sold
2. Third generation Maruti 800. Ours was the first car in the city and still remember the looks the people giving a glance to the car. Sold to buy next car
3. First generation Swift 2007. The 1.3L G13BB is engine is fun to drive and like how Swift behaves on road.

I drive a bike Yamaha FZS FI. Fuel version bike was very important as I always believe doing things digitally with help of Electronic control unit is very important. Carb cars are no more in production, why are we still stuck with carb in scooters and bikes?

Looking forward to having a nice time on this forum. :)

Welcome aboard. Applied software engineering, specific to Automotive field. Interesting combo and expect lot more interesting facts, information and stories related to EVs.:Cheering:

Welcome Rohit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rst89 (Post 4290856)
There is special attachment with automotive domain because I work with one of the automotive Tier one suppliers. To be precise, I am an embedded software engineer. I am currently working in a German company in Pune.

Very few people get to work where their passion is :thumbs up. Look forward to some insights from you on technical threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4291948)
Welcome Rohit!

Very few people get to work where their passion is :thumbs up. Look forward to some insights from you on technical threads.

Thanks GTO. I am already planning a technical thread on functional safety in cars.