Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2017, 16:35   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP

Finally got my membership approved! Thank you for accepting me and I already know it will be a great journey for me over here.

I'm Likith, a 19 year old Mechanical Engineering student from Bangalore and I will take this membership as my 20th Birthday Gift.

I've always been a Car fanatic from when I can remember. I am known to be annoying as I talk a little too much about cars, I don't think it'll be a problem over here.

I am a big fan of formula1, I root for Scuderia Ferrari-Kimi Raikkonen(2007 World Champion). I've recently started following World Rally Championship (WRC), thanks to Redbull TV streaming it for free!

My interests outside the Automotive world includes travelling, photography, watching Anime, reading novels and mangas(Japanese Comics).

Finally, the most important thing,
I drive a 2017 Ford Ecosport AT( Smoke Grey+Black Pack) and I absolutely adore it.

And now which button do I press to get meself some bumper stickers .

Regards,
Likith

Last edited by ampere : 28th October 2017 at 18:39.
glikithvinayaka is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 10:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka View Post
I will take this membership as my 20th Birthday Gift.
Welcome to Team-Bhp and a happy birthday!

Quote:
I am known to be annoying as I talk a little too much about cars, I don't think it'll be a problem over here.
Aren't we all a bit talkative about cars here? You'll feel right at home here.

Quote:
I am a big fan of formula1, I root for Scuderia Ferrari-Kimi Raikkonen(2007 World Champion). I've recently started following World Rally Championship (WRC), thanks to Redbull TV streaming it for free!
Great to hear this. The sound of the rally cars going out full throttle is music to my ears. We also have a dedicated Motorsports thread.

Quote:
I drive a 2017 Ford Ecosport AT( Smoke Grey+Black Pack) and I absolutely adore it.
Wow, would like to know your experiences with the car and the Ford service. Do share some pictures of the car.

Quote:
And now which button do I press to get meself some bumper stickers .
Here is the link to our store.

Looking forward to your contribution to the forum, but first do take a look at the forum rules once.
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 20:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-Bhp and a happy birthday!
Thank you for the warm welcome and the wishes

Quote:
Aren't we all a bit talkative about cars here? You'll feel right at home here.
Then I'll right Snuggle in!

Quote:
Great to hear this. The sound of the rally cars going out full throttle is music to my ears. We also have a dedicated Motorsports thread.
This is great! There are very less fellas who watch WRC and WRX in India, or I just haven't been meeting the right kind of people.
That's why I'm here, and already found a fella Rallye enthusiast!

Quote:
Wow, would like to know your experiences with the car and the Ford service. Do share some pictures of the car.
Yes, I am planning on sharing my service and ownership experience on the car sometime soon.

In the meantime, here is a picture

Hello Team-BHP-1509375323318.jpg

Quote:
Here is the link to our store.

Looking forward to your contribution to the forum, but first do take a look at the forum rules once.
Thank you for the Guidance
glikithvinayaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 13:06   #4

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka View Post

Finally, the most important thing,

Likith
HI! Welcome.

Can you please give your views on the AT gearbox of the Ecosport - in terms of speed of gear shifts, smoothness , type - CVT, DSG etc.

Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhattar View Post
HI! Welcome.

Can you please give your views on the AT gearbox of the Ecosport - in terms of speed of gear shifts, smoothness , type - CVT, DSG etc.

Thanks
My driving impression is that the gear box is close if not equal to the DSG The shifts were super smooth and there are jerks sometimes, but it's Normal. It surges a little bit when you are coming to a stop.When you're in stop and go traffic, the car is switching between 1st gear and neutral. To prevent the car from stalling, the clutch is lifted from 1st when you apply the brake to stop. It does jerk slightly.

The engine is very smooth, the change in noise as the revs drop while shifting and the rpm counter were the only giveaways. The NVH levels from the engine are very low as mentioned in the thread previously, a couple of times I've gotten out of the car and the engine was still running(also because of the start stop button).*

Also in the ghat roads of Dharmasthala and Kukke Subrahmanya it was effortless during the climb. In downhill sections it is recommended to use the sports mode with manual overrides for the purpose of benefiting from engine braking, but we were comfortable with the D mode.the use of manual override is recommended because the transmission likes to up shift to top gear very fast, which is easy to happen in downhills.

Last edited by glikithvinayaka : 31st October 2017 at 15:34.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks