Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2017, 19:22   #1

Great start to the weekend!

Hello everyone,

It's 6pm on a Friday, as I type this, and I was here at work completely bored out my mind when I got the approval email.

I'm a Computer Engineer by education, and a Software Developer by profession.

I've recently purchased my first car, the new 2017 Hyundai Verna, and am completely in love with it. I now truly understand the attachment some people have with their cars.

When I was younger, I saw movies in which actors would have their own garage, and would work on their own cars rather than going to a service centre or a mechanic. It created a small spark in me that I wanted to do the same someday. As I grew up, I forgot that dream mainly due to not having any access to the required knowledge and skills, and not having a car. The lack of knowledge stopped me from messing around with my dad's car.

Now that I have my own car, that dream has come to life again, and thanks to Team-BHP & YouTube, the required knowledge is within reach. All that is needed now are the skills, which will come with time as I get my hands dirty.

Apart from cars, I love reading, watching movies, tv series, and anime. Sometimes I even watch movies with horrible ratings, just because I found the trailer or the concept interesting. I usually end up watching at least one movie a week (new releases). I read a lot of fiction. These days, audio books are my preferred medium, and they are what you'll usually find playing on my car's infotainment system if I'm driving alone. My hobbies also include playing around with my 3D Printer.

I hope to learn from you, and contribute back as and when I can.

My thanks to the moderators for approving my membership.

I'm very glad to be a part of Team-BHP.

Cheers!
Shishir
shishir_sri is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 12:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Great start to the weekend!

A warm welcome to the Forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_sri View Post

I've recently purchased my first car, the new 2017 Hyundai Verna, and am completely in love with it. I now truly understand the attachment some people have with their cars.
Amazing! The car looks great and is loaded with features. Quite impressive in both the diesel and petrol. Had a quick spin in the car, and sure the car feels like it is built to last. Congratulations on the car, wish you many wonderful miles ahead of you.

Quote:
Now that I have my own car, that dream has come to life again, and thanks to Team-BHP & YouTube, the required knowledge is within reach. All that is needed now are the skills, which will come with time as I get my hands dirty.
True. The stuff you find on internet these days is astonishing. Looking forward to the experimental DIYs.

Quote:
Apart from cars, I love reading, watching movies, tv series, and anime. Sometimes I even watch movies with horrible ratings, just because I found the trailer or the concept interesting. I usually end up watching at least one movie a week (new releases). I read a lot of fiction. These days, audio books are my preferred medium, and they are what you'll usually find playing on my car's infotainment system if I'm driving alone.
My hobbies also include playing around with my 3D Printer.
You might find hard for yourself to move out of the shifting gears section
Omkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 15:51   #3

Re: Great start to the weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
A warm welcome to the Forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Congratulations on the car, wish you many wonderful miles ahead of you.

Thanks a lot!

I hadn't looked at the shifting gears section before you mentioned it. I do see some really interesting threads there. Thanks for pointing it out!
shishir_sri is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks