Team-BHP - Hola Amigos!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hola Amigos! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/192101-hola-amigos.html)

Hey folks,

I have been regular to this site for the past 5 years when one of my office buddy referred me to this site. To be honest no exams took me these many attempts to clear. But finally, I am here to write my first post. Thanks to the mod team for approving my request.

I am a software engineer by profession and working in one of the Indian IT giant. I am currently deputed to USA on a long term assignment and living in the suburbs of Dallas, TX. My daily commute to work is 25 miles one way and I am driving a Nissan Altima 2015 model. I have around 30,000 miles of driving history in the past two years in US and a very limited driving experience in India.

As a new member is gonna join my family very soon, I will be adding one more car to my Garage. Short term goal is to get a Lexus ES350 or Acura MDX as pre-owned. Long term goal is to get rid of the Nissan Altima and get a Jeep Wrangler (Open top) as my office ride. I would love to have that big butch look with all the Custom mods.

Apart from Cars, I am a foodie and love Indian and Spanish foods and American breakfasts. I am a good cook and love to cook different types of Non-Veg dishes with Chicken, Mutton and Shrimp.

Cheers!!
Hemakumar

Hi Hemakumar,

Welcome to Team-BHP.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hema4saran (Post 4299251)
My daily commute to work is 25 miles one way and I am driving a Nissan Altima 2015 model. I have around 30,000 miles of driving history in the past two years in US and a very limited driving experience in India.

We'll look forward to hearing some driving experiences of yours.

Quote:

As a new member is gonna join my family very soon, I will be adding one more car to my Garage. Short term goal is to get a Lexus ES350 or Acura MDX as pre-owned.
Congratulations in advance.

Quote:

Long term goal is to get rid of the Nissan Altima and get a Jeep Wrangler (Open top) as my office ride. I would love to have that big butch look with all the Custom mods.
That would be cool, but probably not very practical.

Quote:

Apart from Cars, I am a foodie and love Indian and Spanish foods and American breakfasts. I am a good cook and love to cook different types of Non-Veg dishes with Chicken, Mutton and Shrimp.
Perhaps you could share some recipes on the forum for others' benefit :).

Do take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4300371)
Hi Hemakumar,

Welcome to Team-BHP.

We'll look forward to hearing some driving experiences of yours.

Sure. I will share some interesting things about my daily commute.

Quote:

Congratulations in advance.

Thank you!!

Quote:

That would be cool, but probably not very practical.

I know it has its own disadvantages. But my boss's boss is a inspiration for me in this. She is in her late forties and drive a custom modded Wrangler to office. I have heard many of her off-roading stories in the socializing events.

All it takes $20k for a good preowned jeep and another $5k to 7k for most of mods. With car loan interest hovering around 2% it is very easy to achieve this in US. All it takes is patience and passion to get and drive one.

Quote:

Perhaps you could share some recipes on the forum for others' benefit :).

I will share some recipes soon. It will take sometime for me to pen down the cooking recipes.