Team-BHP - Excited to be a part of Team-BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Excited to be a part of Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/192673-excited-part-team-bhp.html)

Hello everyone,
I got my approval mail last Saturday evening, it took me some time to actually write this post because I wasn't sure what to share in my 1st introductory post. I came to team-bhp posts numerous times regarding in past few years and recently when my family is looking for an upgrade from our hatchback I was sure to get my answers here in this forum. I am an Engineering student and have dealt with Backlogs so I wasn't disheartened when not approved 1st time and now got approved in my 2nd attempt.

About me: I'm a student of Engineering in Civil branch in Raipur (C. G.) and my interests span from reading books preferably old classics to going on long drives, I do not shy away from hovering over the mechanic when he is servicing my motorcycle or car even though an A C lounge is available.

My love for travelling started while riding a Bullet 350 with my father when I was 4 years old and it has ever since grown many fold. I have driven LML Vespa ( belonged to my father), Mahindra Scorpio (our 1st 4 wheeler), Chevrolet Spark (our family sweetheart for 4 years recently sold) Hero Honda Splendor plus (my very own 1st ride 80,000 kms in 7 years and some months), Honda CB Unicorn and currently Royal Enfield CL 500 DS.

We had our proper long drive when we traveled from Raipur to Hyderabad, Chennai, Solapur and return (in our Chevrolet Spark) and loved it through and through.

I am looking forward to my experience in team-bhp and thank you moderators for keeping up the quality so much that we are thrilled to get the membership approval notification mail.

Cheers !

Welcome to the Forum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by V_Gupta (Post 4309279)
Hello everyone,
I am an Engineering student and have dealt with Backlogs so I wasn't disheartened when not approved 1st time and now got approved in my 2nd attempt.

Can totally relate to that. lol:

Quote:

My love for travelling started while riding a Bullet 350 with my father when I was 4 years old and it has ever since grown many fold. I have driven LML Vespa (belonged to my father), Mahindra Scorpio (our 1st 4 wheeler), Chevrolet Spark (our family sweetheart for 4 years recently sold) Hero Honda Splendor plus (my very own 1st ride 80,000 kms in 7 years and some months), Honda CB Unicorn and currently Royal Enfield CL 500 DS.
A long list of vehicles. You did 80,000 in 7 years on a Splendor! That's impressive.

Quote:

I am looking forward to my experience in team-bhp and thank you moderators for keeping up the quality so much that we are thrilled to get the membership approval notification mail.
I'm sure you must have gone through the rules of posting on Team-BHP. Wishing you many more miles on your vehicles. Looking forward to reading some ownership reports as well.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by V_Gupta (Post 4309279)
I am an Engineering student and have dealt with Backlogs so I wasn't disheartened when not approved 1st time and now got approved in my 2nd attempt.

Welcome to Team BHP.
Lucky you - just 2 attempts?
You reminded me of my college days - taking me back to the late 80s. For us the most dreaded term was ATKT.

Enjoy your time on this platform.
Regards
Sravan

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm going through the rules of posting and other posts to get a good idea how to be precise as well. Hopefully we will finalize our next car soon, I'll make sure to prepare an ownership report for the same.

Quick update and requesting input on the matter of car selection :
I have gone through a lot of cars while deciding our next car and team bhp gave me tons of useful information, so I'll just go through with it. I take a lot of time in choosing a car and also we wanted to finalize which car to buy only after previous car Chevrolet Spark is sold)
After going through tug of war between initial interest from MS Vitara Brezza to Ford Ecosport on the grounds of better build quality, more features in Ecosport and waiting period in Vitara Brezza. Then looking at meager passenger space in rear seat of Ecosport and very dull and almost unhelpful attitude of Ford sales staff (not being able to provide a test drive even after booking an appointment and confirmation via call with SA for 2 continuous days) we decided not to go with Ford.
We checked out Hyundai for i20 Active and while the top variant in Diesel gets us 6 airbags but misses in EBD and price range comes near to Creta. We took a test drive of Creta SX(O) and were thoroughly impressed with it but the top variant in manual transmission is way out of budget so at this point the SX variant in 1.6 Diesel is viable option.

Our yearly run will be about 13000 km including city drive and several trips from Raipur to Hyderabad and few trips to southern India with family, so good ground clearance and peppy engine is desirable. We will be keeping the car for atleast 7 to 10 years. Budget is 14 lacs on road. I'm writing this post to get some insight from the members to see if I am missing something and any input is welcome as in the matter of finalizing there have been instances of almost choosing one and then finding a better option, and now it's now or never kind of situation, I tried to be as clear in my thoughts as possible.
Mods I've posted this here but if it seems better to be merged in another thread, please do so.
Cheers!