Team-BHP - What an evening!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   What an evening! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/192772-what-evening.html)

Hello everyone!
Let me introduce myself by telling you a small story. Back to 2013, when I finally got my license, i just could not wait to get my hands on wheel, and also to sweep my leg over two wheels. Then finally when my license came, I kept requesting my father to teach me driving each and every day. He was very strict about not letting even touch the keys without getting a license. We also had a driver (still there), he was given the charge to teach me driving on our ford fiesta (now sold). And there you go, within 2 hours, I was able to drive on empty roads, then within 48 hours I was able to drive confidently on main roads as well. Four years down the lane, now in 2017, i am a completely evolved driver and a rider as well. Yes, in the same year, in 2013, i got my first bike, which is TVS Apache rtr 180.
When all this automobile craze was on its peak, I came across team-bhp and at what a wonderful timing. Was just a follower and finally now a member.

On the personal front,
I am Shreyas from Pune-Maharashtra, born in Belgaum-Karnataka (hometown). I am a student pursuing mechanical engineering and a complete automobile enthusiast, and can be crazy at times regarding this. Yes my parents have had tough times controlling me at instances. My other interests, besides automobiles is to travel and explore new places, and yes watching and playing cricket.

Cars/scooters/bikes we owned in the past
Maruti 800
Another Maruti 800
Maruti-Suzuki Wagon-R Lxi
Ford Fiesta Sxi
Chevrolet Beat
Maruti-Suzuki Swift Zdi
Honda Activa
Tvs Samurai
I miss each and every one of them.

Cars/scooters/bikes we currently own
Volkswagen Passat Trendline (yes the manual one with that impressive 2.0 tdi motor)
Maruti-Suzuki Ciaz Zdi+
Honda Activa 4g
Tvs Apache Rtr 180

Whenever i used to come across any bhpian, i always tried to start a conversation, and in return when they used to ask whether i am bhpian too? Every time I used say. "I would be" soon. And now i can say "I am" :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dshreyas6 (Post 4311200)
Then finally when my license came, I kept requesting my father to teach me driving each and every day. He was very strict about not letting even touch the keys without getting a license.

Curious to know how you got your license without knowing how to drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinivanDriver (Post 4311276)
Curious to know how you got your license without knowing how to drive.

This credit goes to my uncle, who taught me the basics and made me ready for the license test. Back then the test was not that hard or advanced as it is nowadays, the officer there just asked me to complete a semi-circle that's it. Lucky me :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dshreyas6 (Post 4311200)
Whenever i used to come across any bhpian, i always tried to start a conversation, and in return when they used to ask whether i am bhpian too? Every time I used say. "I would be" soon. And now i can say "I am" :)

Welcome to the forum!

Quote:

Yes, in the same year, in 2013, i got my first bike, which is TVS Apache rtr 180.
Just curious, is this before the beast eyes headlamp design?

Quite a line-up of vehicles I must say and surely worth missing...

Quote:

Back then the test was not that hard or advanced as it is nowadays, the officer there just asked me to complete a semi-circle that's it. Lucky me
Same here, I had to do a complete circle on a very big ground and reverse the vehicle for my license.

Looking forward to your contributions on the motorbikes section as well as the cars you own. Be sure to go through the rules of posting on the forum.

Since you are doing Mechanical engineering, you'll find some interesting threads in the technical section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omkar (Post 4312296)
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you

Quote:

Just curious, is this before the beast eyes headlamp design?

It is the beast eyes headlamp version, the earlier generation model was phased out and had no stocks remaining

Quote:

Quite a line-up of vehicles I must say and surely worth missing...

agree: