Team-BHP - Hello
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/192917-hello.html)

Good evening TBHP. I have been an avid reader of TBHP content for a few years now. I suppose its closer to a decade really, feels just like a week ago.

I am a Mechanical engineer with an (the more or less compulsory) MBA and my love of all things with engines is to be blamed. I have done a fair bit of travelling around this rock we call earth, often due to work and often for pleasure, sampling various cars along with food and liquids. Few cars have left lasting impressions, others have vanished without a trace.

A Swift 1.3 petrol is my de-stress medication; she has clocked 100,000+ km and is going strong. For the wind (plus sand and bugs) in my hair, i have a RTR Fi which is close to the magic 100k number as well. The daily driver for me is the Creta petrol auto and i m slowly warming up to it.

I was born in Guwahati but have grown up in various locations. I am now back and work as a consultant to the Govt. This position requires me to travel and it is something i look forward to as i get to go to places most people never hear about. To this end a nice mammoth (or car) is in order and i cannot make up my mind heheh :).

Thanks to the people on this forum, i will probably never have questions that will need me to ask as somebody would have probably asked and answered them already but i look forward to adding value to any discussion via my posts.

Welcome to Team-BHP Neeraj. While the 1.2K is a linear engine, the 1.3G had its power where you want it on a pleasure drive. And I am curious, RTR Efi, you say, the first orange bike? How about its service, any issue with its fuel injection, I had a short ride and the throttle response was very good.

Please continue to share your experiences :)

Welcome on-board Neeraj.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4313967)
Welcome to Team-BHP Neeraj. While the 1.2K is a linear engine, the 1.3G had its power where you want it on a pleasure drive. And I am curious, RTR Efi, you say, the first orange bike? How about its service, any issue with its fuel injection, I had a short ride and the throttle response was very good.

Please continue to share your experiences :)

Hi Sheel, yes the 1.3 has all the ingredients for a life long addiction and a major reason why i m still retaining her. I simply get her TLC every 3000 km (yes yes i know its supposed to be 5k but what the heck) and she is like new again.

Regarding the RTR Efi, yes its the unique orange bike that polarised opinion among my friends into 2 groups, like it and hate it. I have owned this horse for a decade now and i m very happy with it. As far as service goes, i had no issues on servicing when i was in bad old bangalore and a TVS ASS was walking distance from my house. I have serviced the bike at the suggested intervals (actually no. I service it every 2000 km) and keep a close watch on the fuel gauge; once it drops to 2 bars, time for tank full. I have had no issues with the FI system; i have taken this boy to many places and it has performed with no hiccups, praise the mechanical gods. Throttle response is very nice but to put the power down clean, its better to have good rubber. I have burned thru 7 sets of PSD (approx 10k km a set. I change both together as these tyres work as a system) but with ISI homologation rubbish, those tyres are not the same anymore, thats when i read about those MRF tyres they sell only to R15 owners here on TBHP. I went hunting for them and had to source them thru the MRF regional office here in Guwahati. So now i m on my third set of FY1 front and REVZ S rear. Slightly worse off than the PSD but once they warm up, i can have fun! :)