Team-BHP - The Doctor says hello and thank you!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   The Doctor says hello and thank you! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/193221-doctor-says-hello-thank-you.html)

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for accepting me as a part of this community. I have been following Team-BHP for more than 5 years now and have always found the reviews/opinions to be extremely unbiased and fair. After a couple attempts, I am finally here and I hope I can live up to the standards of a BHPian.

About Me:
I am Sandeep Kumar, 27 years old from Hyderabad. I graduated from IIT Madras in 2012 and I currently work in a Business Analytics firm in Hyderabad. I have been passionate about automobiles since I was 12. I learned to drive by myself at 14 by taking our Maruti Zen into the empty land beside my house whenever my parents were out of town (fortunately, there were no accidents but my dad had plenty to say!) . I wouldn't drive a car again until my 18th birthday when I got my learner's license and I haven't stopped since! Despite my passion behind the wheel, I am not technically sound when it comes to cars and I can barely name any parts under the bonnet and Team-BHP has helped me a lot in understanding my car better.

My Ride:
I am currently sharing a Polo 1.2 TDI (2010) with my dad and am planning to get a car of my own very, very soon. The little beast has already done 1.4L KMS on the odo and still going strong. It is due for a new set of tyres next month and thinking of Michelin XM2 for now (need to research a bit more). I use a Suzuki Gixxer SF for my daily commute to work.

My Quirks:
Outside of cars, I am interested in football (Manchester United, anyone? :D), reading, movies, music and Doctor Who! I am a big fan of Ilayaraja's music and Veturi's (a Telugu lyricist) lyrics. Everything is forgiven when I am listening to songs with the combination of these two maestros. I am also a huge Doctor Who fan and if you happen to like Doctor Who, we are best friends already!

Once again, I am delighted to be a part of this community and looking forwarding to meeting you all!

Cheers,
The Doctor (Sandeep).

Hi Sandeep,

Welcome to Team-BHP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoctor31 (Post 4319698)
I have been following Team-BHP for more than 5 years now and have always found the reviews/opinions to be extremely unbiased and fair.

Thank you for the kind words.

Quote:

I learned to drive by myself at 14 by taking our Maruti Zen into the empty land beside my house whenever my parents were out of town (fortunately, there were no accidents but my dad had plenty to say!) . I wouldn't drive a car again until my 18th birthday when I got my learner's license and I haven't stopped since!
You're definitely fortunate not to get involved in any accidents. I would not recommend anyone to drive without a licence.

Quote:

Despite my passion behind the wheel, I am not technically sound when it comes to cars and I can barely name any parts under the bonnet and Team-BHP has helped me a lot in understanding my car better.
Good to know that Team-BHP has helped you here. Most of us have a lot to learn about how things work anyway. Everyday is a new lesson. :)

Quote:

I am currently sharing a Polo 1.2 TDI (2010) with my dad and am planning to get a car of my own very, very soon.
Hope you get your own car in quick time. A natural progression will be the Polo GT TSI / TDI. I doubt anything else will appeal to you.

Quote:

Outside of cars, I am interested in football (Manchester United, anyone? :D), reading, movies, music and Doctor Who! I am a big fan of Ilayaraja's music and Veturi's (a Telugu lyricist) lyrics. Everything is forgiven when I am listening to songs with the combination of these two maestros. I am also a huge Doctor Who fan and if you happen to like Doctor Who, we are best friends already!
I am a football fan too, a Liverpool supporter though. I'm not much into the other activities you have mentioned, but I'm sure you'll find some other BHPians who share these interests.

Quote:

Once again, I am delighted to be a part of this community and looking forwarding to meeting you all!
Please take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.

See you on the forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4320250)
Hi Sandeep,

Welcome to Team-BHP.

Thanks, Aditya!

Quote:

You're definitely fortunate not to get involved in any accidents. I would not recommend anyone to drive without a licence.
Yes, I agree. I wish I had known better at that age.

Quote:

Hope you get your own car in quick time. A natural progression will be the Polo GT TSI / TDI. I doubt anything else will appeal to you.
Thanks! I am looking at the Abarth Urban Cross at the moment (already started a thread in the "What Car?" section). I didn't consider the Polo GT TSI/TDI because of some bad experiences with the VW A.S.S. in Hyderabad.

Quote:

I am a football fan too, a Liverpool supporter though. I'm not much into the other activities you have mentioned, but I'm sure you'll find some other BHPians who share these interests.
Yes. Looking forward to interacting with all the BHPians out there.

Quote:

Please take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.

See you on the forum.
Sure. Will do.