Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2017, 01:01   #1
BHPian

3rd time lucky

Hello Fellow BHPians,

My name is Devendra and I'm 29 years old.

I was born and brought up in Mumbai where I currently live and work as a program manager in a multi national company.

Travelling is what I love the most and I wish I would get a chance to tour the world on 4 wheels.

As the Team-BHP slogan says, I love cars and live cars!

My first car was the Chevrolet Optra 1.6 which I had bought at the age of 23 and I've been in love with it ever since. My daily workhorse though is a Maruti Celerio (CNG) which I bought a couple of years ago for my commute to work and back (70 kms per day).

I started following the Team-BHP forum almost a decade ago and had first tried my luck with registering for a membership almost 6 years ago.

However, even after doing my best to answer all the questions in the registration form, I was rejected. I was so dejected that I thought I'd never be able to be a part of this community and so I let it be.

Recently though, while planning my next road trip to Kashmir from Mumbai (starts in the next 2 weeks), I so badly wanted to have the Team-BHP colors (stickers) on my car that I decided to reapply again and keep at it until I got approved.

And after applying thrice (I reapplied the moment I got the rejection email), I'm finally here and I'm so happy about it.

Team-BHP reviews and opinions have helped me gain a lot of knowledge and saved me a lot of time and money on multiple occasions and I THANK YOU all for that.

I look forward to being a part of this community and hope that I can contribute towards it.

Cheers!!
TheMileCruncher is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 11:00   #2
BHPian

Re: 3rd time lucky

Welcome to T-BHP Devendra.
Multiple attempts in order to win T-BHP membership - is one thing that's common to most of us and I am sure all of us must have bettered on successive attempts, although a common question that each one of us must have asked as soon as the rejection notice was delivered would be " what more do these people expect me to write when I have already written what was absolutely needed". And now I see the reasons why the Gatekeepers are so keen on knowing more about the persons trying to get an entry here.
Happy and safe driving to you Devendra. Hope you have a very enjoyable time on this forum.
Regards
Sravan
skchettry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 14:51   #3
Team-BHP Support

A warm welcome to you TheMileCruncher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMileCruncher View Post
Hello Fellow BHPians,
My first car was the Chevrolet Optra 1.6 which I had bought at the age of 23 and I've been in love with it ever since. My daily workhorse though is a Maruti Celerio (CNG) which I bought a couple of years ago for my commute to work and back (70 kms per day).
The first love and the workhorse. Both lovely cars! Considering the exponentially growing traffic in Mumbai, a small car with good FE makes a lot of sense. A friend of mine also got a Celerio AMT recently on account of the traffic conditions.

Quote:
And after applying thrice (I reapplied the moment I got the rejection email), I'm finally here and I'm so happy about it.
Oh well, third time's the charm! Seems like you had to crunch in a lot of miles before getting in

Quote:
I look forward to being a part of this community and hope that I can contribute towards it.
Looking forward to reading your contributions on the forum.
Omkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 15:21   #4
Team-BHP Support

Please treat us to your travelogue MileCruncher, will wait for that. Welcome onboard
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks