Team-BHP - Hello Team-BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/194155-hello-team-bhp.html)

Hello Everyone,

Gentlemen and Ladies, I am obliged to be part of this esteemed community. I've been following T-BHP for over 4 years to get genuine Customer's opinion. Have been deeply inspired by a lot of fellow BHPians, and the maturity acquired when it comes to Automotive Technicalities.

I am Nishant Pujari, coming from a lot of places (Chennai, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Bokaro, Delhi, Mumbai, to name a few :D ), an Automobile Engineer, working as a Vehicle Test Engineer, in an Automotive Major. Have always been driven to Physics and Maths, and that got me into Automotive Industry.

Apart from Automobiles, I am a musician (the very old sweetr Tabla is what I play), Storyteller, Traveller, Reader...

Sincere apologies on not having given this introduction till now.. I hope, I could be inspired from fellow bhpians more and keep driving and drooling over travelogues. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nifty.Nishy (Post 4335858)
Hello Everyone,

Sincere apologies on not having given this introduction till now.. I hope, I could be inspired from fellow bhpians more and keep driving and drooling over travelogues. lol:

Hi Nishant! Welcome to TBHP! We are glad to have you here. And hope that you will share your insight over stuff related to the kind of tests you are involved in during the course of your job.:thumbs up

And not to mention your other interests like music and travelling that interest me more. Looking forward to those travelogues.

In all, its great to have you here. See 'ya around and do give a read to the forum rules if not done. Adhering to them makes us what we all are collectively today.:)

Regards,
Saket

Hi Nishant,
Welcome to the forum. Next to your automotive interest you should find plenty of other interesting topics relating to your other interest/hobbies.

It would be interesting to hear what it is you do as a vehicle test engineer.
Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4336274)
Hi Nishant! Welcome to TBHP! We are glad to have you here. And hope that you will share your insight over stuff related to the kind of tests you are involved in during the course of your job.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I have gone through the rules, and this is one thing i truly appreciate about Team-BHP. Everyone is so ethical in their description.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 4336314)
Welcome to the forum. Next to your automotive interest you should find plenty of other interesting topics relating to your other interest/hobbies.

Yes Of course, the material here is wonderful, be it about maintenace or travel (lots of content for Storytelling you see :uncontrol). As to what I do, I am responsible for development and testing of Noise and Vibrations of some vehicles, for some Automotive company. :D

Welcome to the forum Nishanth. Feels great to hear you have been working as a vehicle test engineer, which is a first for me. I had never interacted with one in India. Like Jeroen has told, I think many of us are curious to know what your typical day is like.

And what say, shall we also play a guessing game about whom you work for? :D Just kidding. You need not reveal if you dont feel like. We seem to have a lot of commonalities. Hope I catch up with you sometime!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nifty.Nishy (Post 4336402)
, I am responsible for development and testing of Noise and Vibrations of some vehicles, for some Automotive company. :D

Very interesting domain! Would love to hear some more. Many years ago I went to Naval academy and my graduation thesis was on prediction models for noise and vibrations levels on ships during design stage. This was in the late 70’s, so whatever I knew has long been for forgotten and most likely a lot of new technology/insights have come to various industries allowing for better prediction and control of noise and vibrations.

In marine/aviation application vibration measurements are used to monitor engine performoncement and even to predict (preventive) maintenance. Anything similar ongoing in your field?

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nifty.Nishy (Post 4335858)
I am Nishant Pujari, coming from a lot of places (Chennai, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Bokaro, Delhi, Mumbai, to name a few :D ), an Automobile Engineer, working as a Vehicle Test Engineer, in an Automotive Major. Have always been driven to Physics and Maths, and that got me into Automotive Industry.

Welcome to Team-BHP, Nishant!

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4336412)
And what say, shall we also play a guessing game about whom you work for? :D Just kidding.

The game is over as he has shared his full name :D.

As long as we get anonymous scoops we don’t mind as to which compnay you work for :D kidding mate. Great to have you here and you are at Detroit of India. So, that does explain things.

We are all ears if you can share some insights on NVH or anything else you wish to.

Have a great stay, see you around.
Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4336750)

Ya, now I know :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4336750)

Nice catch! In fact, the first thing I did after reading Nishant's post was to google his full name to unleash the secret.

Welcome to TBHP Nishant! Pleasure to have you here. Your work field sounds quite interesting. Would be great to hear from you on your experiences and observations. I aspired to be an Automobile Engineer out of my sheer interest for cars, though I didn't like either Physics or Maths. Destiny had other plans for me and I ended up being a lawyer.

Wow! This gets as funny as it could :D Of course guys, it is no secret since I have already told my name. It's just that I would want to draw a line between professional ethics and my passion. Obviously I don't represent my organization here, I'm just a crazy petrolhead who goes bonkers when he finds something inquisitive. I'm sure all of you can feel me here.

There are lot of things which I would want to share, maybe I could post a thread about it in sometime. As you all know there's a lot that goes in before launching any car. Lot of stuff which might look trivial, but is uber important from Engineering perspective.

NVH development is one of the core divisions that ensure your wheels are ready to roll. It starts from as basic as Idle RPM fixing, Body related Noises, etc to High speed handling and your engine performance at High Altitude.

From what I do, includes Tests both in Track to simulate Engineering conditions and On-Road to simulate Customer conditions. This is something that instilled a sense of attachment to the road, And it's a feeling you can understand when you feel it yourself, Since then I try to be On Road as much as I can, kind of acts like meditation you know!

Anyway, thank you all for your wishes and good thoughts, it's a pleasure to be a part of the community that I have developed a lot of faith in, by the virtue of its integrity and honesty!

Thank you for having me here :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbpanda (Post 4336829)
Nice catch! In fact, the first thing I did after reading I aspired to be an Automobile Engineer out of my sheer interest for cars, though I didn't like either Physics or Maths. Destiny had other plans for me and I ended up being a lawyer.

Well, in a lot of ways I do envy you. An Automobile Enthusiast, and a lawyer. Now that's a combo, many of us would want, thanks to the monopoly running around in the traffic police department.