Team-BHP - And so it begins!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   And so it begins! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/194538-so-begins.html)

Hi everyone.

My name is TRR. I'm 20 years old and I live in Bengaluru. I've been lurking among these forums for nearly 4 years now and finally decided to take the plunge into becoming a Team-BHP member. I was incredibly elated to receive the "Team-BHP Membership Approved" mail and was honoured to be part of this community.

I've been a die-hard automobile fan ever since I was a little kid, but as circumstances would have it, I decided to pursue the CA course professionally. While I love any well put together car, i have a special love for the Koenigsegg and Ferrari brands.

My current interest is almost entirely towards motorbikes. Presently, I drive a KTM Duke 390 (MY 2017). I am totally in love with that brilliant engine and nimble handling. Few things make me as excited as swinging my leg over that orange monster. However, I occasionally switch steeds with my brother, who drives a Bajaj Dominar. The Duke is incredibly good at going fast and cornering, while the Dominar makes for a great and relaxed cruising experience (while also being fast enough). The difference between these two is something that reflects my love for automobiles. Each machine is so different in personality and purpose, it reinforces my belief that these machines are just like people.

While I enjoy my motorbike on a daily basis, I still enjoy driving a car. The comfort and convenience that a four wheeler offers is sometimes a welcome break from the mad rush of the Duke. Our four-wheeled stable consists of a 2009 Maruti Suzuki SX4 and a 2014 Hyundai Grand i10, both of which belong to my father.

Outside the world of automobiles, I am an avid gamer and a frequent quizzer. In fact, my handle stands for "TheRacingRocket", a name I used in many of the games I play.

I hope I can contribute as much to these forums as I have learnt over the years. A parting shot of mine and my brother's bikes at Kolli Hills on a recent bike ride.

Welcome to TBHP!

Interesting to see the Hamara version of Duke's engine too in our family :)
Do add your ownership experience of D390 and Dominar in their respective threads too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 4342273)
.... Each machine is so different in personality and purpose, it reinforces my belief that these machines are just like people.

How very true. Cars, aircrafts, ships all have a personality and respond well to love and attention and a few pats. Look after them and they look after you. welcome to Team BHP. Drive safe - Ride safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 4343451)
Welcome to TBHP!

Interesting to see the Hamara version of Duke's engine too in our family :)
Do add your ownership experience of D390 and Dominar in their respective threads too.

Thanks! Yeah, it's very interesting that their engines are based on the same model and are yet so different in their behaviour.

Will do!

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4343522)
How very true. Cars, aircrafts, ships all have a personality and respond well to love and attention and a few pats. Look after them and they look after you.

Precisely! And that's what all my non-enthusiast friends just fail to understand. :Frustrati

And thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to Team-BHP TRR and nice to welcome a rider. Do post your experiences in D-390 thread or please feel free to start your own ownership thread.

See you around.