Team-BHP - Hi guys, SuGarFree joins you
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hi guys, SuGarFree joins you (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/195635-hi-guys-sugarfree-joins-you.html)

Greetings and Salutations,

I am so excited to be here. Was really looking forward to being approved. I am an Engineer by profession( Aeronautical). Love to tinker around with stuff. I wouldn't say I've travelled extensively but I have had some rather unique experiences on trips with vehicles.
Eg: The first time I ever drove a Mahindra( probably even sat in one) was in New- Zealand when the Car rental agency had double booked the Prius which was supposed to be assigned to us to someone else. Not that I'm complaining, it was a beautiful XUV 500 AT top of the line with 76 Kms on the Odometer. Drove it around for some of the most pleasurable 900 kms ( A Retro Travelogue sometime maybe)

Currently have a 2009 Honda City S MT (1,50,000 KM)( Red)
2 Honda Navi ( Both bought within a week of eachother, both White)

Really Looking forward to spending more time here.
Cheers!

- SuGarFree

Welcome to forums and the teambhp family.
XUV in New Zealand! Looking forward to more on that.

Bienvenue SuGarFree, :thumbs up

And I'm looking forward to know about how come 2 Navis in 2 weeks? The reason I'm asking is because Navi continues to fascinate me & my cousin and a purchase is being contemplated.

Also, I'm a bit intrigued by your handle, could you unfold the bits while you are at it.

Cheers! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wangdu (Post 4356598)

Also, I'm a bit intrigued by your handle, could you unfold the bits while you are at it.

Me too! I just had a couple sweets in office and then saw your thread. Reminds me of what I should not have done :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudev (Post 4356561)
Welcome to forums and the teambhp family.
XUV in New Zealand! Looking forward to more on that.

Thank You so much, looking forward to getting a detailed post ready about that trip :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by wangdu (Post 4356598)
Bienvenue SuGarFree, :thumbs up

And I'm looking forward to know about how come 2 Navis in 2 weeks? The reason I'm asking is because Navi continues to fascinate me & my cousin and a purchase is being contemplated.

Merci Monsieur wangdu,

The Navi' : We have a place ( Weekend Home) in Lonavala and live in Mumbai. We travel there almost every weekend. Now, its usually a really quiet little town there except on weekends, public holidays and all of the Rainy Season, when the Weekend Warriors of Pune and Mumbai (Usually) descend upon the narrow, sloped roads of Lonavala which leads to traffic jams so we were contemplating getting a two Wheeler of sorts for the market run and piece of mind especially.

In Mumbai, we were thinking of getting a new 2 wheeler to replace Dad's OG Bajaj Legend which mysteriously started performing really reliably as soon as we started looking for replacements.(Really!)

The Navi had just launched and the price was right the test drive was fun so one weekend while in Lonavala we booked the first one and came back that week and Booked the second one for Mumbai.

Its been about 1.5 years and the way both have aged is exactly in accordance to how Mumbai and Lonavala make us feel. I plan to make a Detailed post on both since both were driven a similar mileage, sedately and on market runs usually the wear however is totally different.

The Navi is general I feel is an incredible little machine:
Pros:
Easy to drive around the city, Light weight
Good ground clearance - No issues with scraping
Great looks
Decent Fuel Economy ( 40-50 - Mumbai and 45-55- Lonavala)

Cons:
Small Fuel Tank and no Fuel gauge ( There is a Reserve Knob) - Didn't Bother us too much
Seat Cushioning - Anything above 20 KMs at a time and your behind will hurt.
Suspension - Stiff, great for cornering and handling but Mumbai roads become a pain, you can feel every little pothole.

I've seen people on here get some pretty great discounts on Navi. I personally think its a great buy. We really love riding both vehicles. In fact whenever I am in Lonavala I head up the Mountain ( Tiger Point) just to view the Sunset from up there and ofcourse throw the little Navi into the twisties. Really feels great at low speeds.

I'd recommend you and your cousin have a nice test drive and then make a decision. Cheers!

SuGarFree Handle: My name is Sujay Garg and it wouldn't let me register SuGar( Probably already taken or minimum character count 6) Then remembered this Australian Documentary I watched a few years ago called "That Sugar Film"(Highly Recommend watching it) really changed the way I viewed Sugar and reduced its intake and became more conscious of it. So as farfetched as it sounds the Handle is Inspired by my initials and an Australian Nutritional Awareness Documentary.

Welcome to this wonderful forum. Quite an innovative handle. Looking forward to hear more your XUV experience in New Zealand.

@SuGarFree sir,
Welcome to the world of Team-BHP on its 14th Birthday! You're indeed lucky for this. Well, I like your handle and would like to know the reason behind for choosing such an handle.

Well, I too love the Honda Navi and almost bought one if I hadn't test-ridden the Grazia (well even this isn't confirmed yet!). Love the looks and the practicality of a Moto-Scooter.

Apart from that, enjoy your free revving N/A 1.5L i-Vtec in your City and do post a long term ownership report of the same.

Would look forward for your posts at Team-BHP

Varun

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

@Varun - Yes a Honda City and Navi ownership post is on the cards. The Grazia is also an impressive looking scooter. Got the Navi'1.5 years ago, just as it launched. The other option I could have waited a bit for the Aprillia SR 150, but decided to get the Navi as it fit our needs perfectly.

Welcome to the forum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGarFree (Post 4356819)
SuGarFree Handle: My name is Sujay

Glad that you clarified, else many among us would have assumed it to be Subodh (famous 2001 movie having Goa drive) due to your weekend schedule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sukiwa (Post 4357402)
Welcome to the forum!

Glad that you clarified, else many among us would have assumed it to be Subodh (famous 2001 movie having Goa drive) due to your weekend schedule.

Was that Subodh or 'Time-table'? ;)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGarFree (Post 4356819)
Then remembered this Australian Documentary I watched a few years ago called "That Sugar Film"(Highly Recommend watching it)

Just searched for this in Youtube and did get the one you are referring here. If you don't mind, please share the appropriate link this documentary.

Thank You,

If you type in "That Sugar Film" in the Youtube search, it shows up.
Not really sure if I can post the Link since the YouTube Version is Pirated.
They do have a website as well with lots of other resources on the topic. :thumbs up

Welcome to the Team-BHP family, Suraj a.k.a SuGarFree :)
I must say that it's a lovely username, especially when combined with the reasoning behind it.

Wishing you a happy experience on the forum.

Cheers!