Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 14:08   #1
BHPian

The Count rises from the grave to introduce himself

Hello everyone,

This introduction has been long down the pipeline and I haven't really been an active member of Team-BHP. I mean I have been reading all the the reviews and post but never got myself down to indulge in the discussions.

My name is Subodh Ranjan, and I'm a third year undergraduate in IIT Kharagpur. I was born and raised in Lucknow.
Now, lets start talking about the things we love, shall we ?
I have been in love with cars for as long as I can remember. Our first car in the family was a Ford Fusion. It still is with us and right like a charm. The old 1.6L feels a bit as exhilarating as ever.
Fast forward to the present day, I'm in college, so no bikes/cars in the campus, but I am in the SAE team of IIT Kharagpur, Team KART. For those unaware of SAE teams, they are basically little leagues formula teams, except they operate on a college level, participate in similar international competitions and are under the aegis of one of the Departments of the institute, mostly Mechanical Engineering. You can have a look at out car on the website<- www.teamkart.in/

Really looking forward to spending time here getting to know you all !
SubodhRage is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 16:52   #2
BHPian

Re: The Count rises from the grave to introduce himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubodhRage View Post
This introduction has been long down the pipeline and I haven't really been an active member of Team-BHP
Welcome aboard, man! Well, it's never too late or too early to introduce yourself to the like minded people here.
Quote:
Now, lets start talking about the things we love, shall we ?
Yes please. Do you have to ask our permission for it. Well we all BHPians are always ready to talk about cars all day long.
Quote:
I have been in love with cars for as long as I can remember. Our first car in the family was a Ford Fusion. It still is with us and right like a charm. The old 1.6L feels a bit as exhilarating as ever.
Well, you've got a keeper, @Subodh. Man, that naturally aspirated free revving 1.6 Petrol is a dream ride even today for many (include me as well!). The Fusion too is a great car. Really like it and more so because this one came with the tasty 1.6 Petrol what I love. Unfortunately, that didn't come in the First-generation Figo as speculated by many.
Quote:
Waiting for your contribution towards the forum. Also, we all need an ownership report on the Fusion 1.6 too. Well there aren't many ownership reports on the Fusion and that too in the 1.6 iteration. So, it'd be great if you can come up with one but I doubt if you have any time left after a hectic schedule (the only disadvantage of being an IIT'an)

Welcome aboard, once again
Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 11:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This introduction has been long down the pipeline and I haven't really been an active member of Team-BHP.
Better late than never...

Quote:
Wow, the 1.6 is a rare car in the Fusion avatar. Do share some pictures, better yet please start an ownership thread.

Quote:
Fast forward to the present day, I'm in college, so no bikes/cars in the campus, but I am in the SAE team of IIT Kharagpur, Team KART.]
Nice, our college team too had an SAE team. Though not a member of the team, I was always curious about the car and used to hangout a bit around it. I wish Team KART all the best for the future.

Quote:
Likewise. I assume that you must have gone though the rules of the forum.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 16:35   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the Team-BHP family, Subodh!

This information brightened my day because my college too had an SAE Team and it was a joy to watch,inspire and motivate them. All the best!

Quote:
I am in the SAE team of IIT Kharagpur, Team KART. For those unaware of SAE teams, they are basically little leagues formula teams, except they operate on a college level, participate in similar international competitions and are under the aegis of one of the Departments of the institute, mostly Mechanical Engineering. You can have a look at out car on the website<- www.teamkart.in/
Cheers!
CaptainPrice is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks