Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2018, 15:08   #1
BHPian

Hello there

Dear fellow Team-bhp member,

After 4 attempts, I have finally become a member of the forum and hence thought about introducing myself. I am Sunil, a software engineer by profession and living in Thane, Maharashtra.

While my journey with vehicles has involved Motorcycles mainly but I have my fair share of experiences with Cars as well. After being a silent reader of this forum and learning a lot from the members here, I recently decided to buy a used car (my first with my own money) and decided to go in for a lateral upgrade directly. So I currently drive a Honda City (3rd Generation) which was earlier driven by someone who took good care of it. It had covered only 42K Km when I bought it and is in a good condition to go for another 42K without giving me major issues, if I believe what I saw and what the mechanic gave me as feedback upon his inspection before me purchasing the car.

I have traveled extensive on Motorcycles (Hero Honda Splendor, Yamaha R15 and Honda CBR250) across the western parts of the country and now I intend to continue doing so in my most recent acquisition. After all, I became a father last year and hence would need four wheels now to go places with family

Outside of work I enjoy travel, like many of us here, be it via road or rail. Planes - well I find those boring. I am an investor and I enjoy reading too. I am blessed with a wonderful family that has always supported me in my endeavors and I hope to continue to being a good family member.

I hope to continue learning more about cars and motorcycles here and also increase my 'Posts' here
sunilch is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 18:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello there

Welcome Sunil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
I recently decided to buy a used car (my first with my own money) and decided to go in for a lateral upgrade directly. So I currently drive a Honda City (3rd Generation) which was earlier driven by someone who took good care of it. It had covered only 42K Km when I bought it and is in a good condition to go for another 42K
Congratulations on the car. I am also a huge fan of pre-worshipped deals. Smart choice in picking up the City - in the used market, it's always recommended to go for models with a track record of reliability. I personally like the 3rd-gen City's styling more than the 4th-gen.

Quote:
After all, I became a father last year
A bigger congrats .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 19:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Sunil!

Congratulations on the car. I am also a huge fan of pre-worshipped deals. Smart choice in picking up the City - in the used market, it's always recommended to go for models with a track record of reliability. I personally like the 3rd-gen City's styling more than the 4th-gen.

A bigger congrats .
Thanks a lot for the wishes GTO

Yes, I too like the looks of the 3rd generation City more than those of the 4th generation. The knowledge and practical experience of lateral upgrades with used cars that folks (such as you yourself) shared here, helped me decide to go for the City directly as opposed to a car such as Ritz or Swift that I had considered earlier. After all, with nearly same amount of money I get to enjoy a better car. Here is a pic of the same
Attached Thumbnails
Hello there-car2-copy.png  

sunilch is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 14:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I have finally become a member of the forum and hence thought about introducing myself. I am Sunil, a software engineer by profession and living in Thane, Maharashtra.
Hi Sunil! And welcome to the forum!

Quote:
So I currently drive a Honda City (3rd Generation) which was earlier driven by someone who took good care of it. It had covered only 42K Km when I bought it ...
Congratulations on the purchase. Wishing you a wonderful and reliable experience.
After getting to know about your passion for travel, I look forward to reading your travelogues in the near future.

Cheers!
CaptainPrice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 21:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
Hi Sunil! And welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on the purchase. Wishing you a wonderful and reliable experience.
Hello CaptainPrice,

Thanks for the wishes. Congratulations to you too on your family's recent purchase

Good to come across another Software Engineer cum Gamer. I remember my days when I was hooked onto AoE and CS. Golden old days I must say
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks