Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2018, 14:02   #1

Hello BHPians!

It was my first attempt and Voila ! I'm a BHPian now !

Although, I was not a member earlier, I knew about Team-BHP since 2008 and have been following all the posts and reviews which helped me a lot. ( To be honest, I was scared to join considering myself a noob )
I'm currently working with Oracle and I put up in Gurgaon.

My car journey started with the good old white Ambassador ( passed on from one generation to another ) where I spent almost my entire childhood and I used to scream with joy when the needle used to touch 80 km/h !

The next upgrade came as a surprise in the year 2006 (Dec). It was a black Swift Vxi 1.3 Liter one and what an engine it was ! Loved every bit of that car and that was my first car too as I learned driving. This rev loving engine was capable of doing a 90 or 100 km/h on 2nd gear ! ( Correct me If I'm wrong, could be 80-90 km/h )

I started working in the year 2013 after doing my graduation ( B.tech CSE ) and bought my first car : Used Santro Xing GLS 2008 model with CNG and the ODO had done a good 62000 km. I got some work done on this: Bi-Xenon projector headlamps with LED DRL , Roof wrapping with black colored textured print , Sony Xplod audio unit with Harman Kardon speakers and a 1200 W JBL subwoofer , blue LED cabin lights along with door opening lights on the front , new Michelin tyres etc.

Drove it for a decent 35000 km before selling it off in 2015. Same year, bought my Silver i20 Magna 1.4 CRDI.
Loved the fluidic design of the car and the attractive styling of the lights. The interiors were good and the car drove well too. It was an overall balanced package. Didn't go for many modifications and just got Momo Revenge 16" alloys installed with Yokohama Earth 1 205/65 R16 tyres and yes, again the projector headlamps with red angel eyes.

The enthusiast in me was probably still not satisfied somewhere. I started looking for reviews , detailed YouTube videos and found 3-4 options to choose from. The contenders were Ford Figo S , Abarth Punto and Polo GT TSI. ( Baleno RS was ticked off earlier).
Drove all the three and after many calculations and thinking ( and driving) , got my red Polo GT TSI last year on 23rd of September!
Had the new Jeep compass too in my mind but the budget was way too much and after doing a Test Drive , I decided not to shell out that much money and instead wait for a while for my Skoda Octavia vRS
So, that is the end of it. I love the turbo petrol engine and the throttle response on the GT. A bit afraid of the DSG reliability so I got the extended warranty till 4 years. Have just replaced the stock headlights with the Eagle Eyes setup.

I love travelling and have explored a lot of north India, especially the mountainous region of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. I just love driving on the mountain roads.
I'm a gadget freak and have a keen interest in smartphones. ( xda-developers etc. ) Love playing games on my PS4 and it is one of my favorite pastime.

Would love to explore more and gain knowledge from the privileged BHPians.
Thanks a lot for taking me in.

Last edited by Gonewiththewind : 16th March 2018 at 15:54. Reason: Smileys reduction to two
Gonewiththewind is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 14:31   #2
BHPian

re: Hello BHPians!

Congratulations and welcome to the Team-BHP family, Gonewiththewind.

I sense a lot of energy and enthusiasm in your posts and would love to hear about your experiences in detail. May you get your Skoda Octavia vRS soon.

Cheers and good luck on the forum!
CaptainPrice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 14:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Hello BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonewiththewind View Post

Thanks a lot for taking me in.
Nice knowing you, save for the smilie overload. Please go through Team-BHP rules before proceeding further.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 09:49   #4

Re: Hello BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Team-BHP family, Gonewiththewind.

I sense a lot of energy and enthusiasm in your posts and would love to hear about your experiences in detail. May you get your Skoda Octavia vRS soon.

Cheers and good luck on the forum!
Thanks, I would love to.
Skoda Octavia vRS is a long wait though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Nice knowing you, save for the smilie overload. Please go through Team-BHP rules before proceeding further.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html
Thanks, Sheel. Sorry, probably got too excited about the storytelling. Will be careful now
Old 19th March 2018, 20:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on making it good the first time. Not many can boast of a similar success. Two things about your handle appear interesting to me:
  1. A BTech graduate choosing a book based name (or was it the movie that you liked?).
  2. Such a wonderful handle being unclaimed for so long!
Look forward to meaningful contributions from you. Welcome aboard.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 15:11   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Congrats on making it good the first time. Not many can boast of a similar success.
Thanks, that was a moment to savour !

Quote:
Two things about your handle appear interesting to me:
  1. A BTech graduate choosing a book based name (or was it the movie that you liked?).
  2. Such a wonderful handle being unclaimed for so long!
Look forward to meaningful contributions from you. Welcome aboard.
1. You are right. That was actually just a recollection of the book that was lying at home ( and I never finished it ) getting mixed with my driving style and thus forming a handle.

2. I'm lucky !
Gonewiththewind is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks