Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2018, 12:54   #1
BHPian

I am up Lord, thank you!

"All dash to and from in motor cars,
Familiar with the roads and settled nowhere." - T. S. Eliot.

Yeah, I made it. I am a proud BHPian now.

I have taken many a plunges in life, but this is one which made me smile an entire day. Thanks to the kind-hearted moderators.

Hailing from Orissa, I have found my abode in the lovely city of Pune. An MBA in Marketing Management, I am into sales for the last 8 years. At present deputed as a Regional Sales Manager with a leading manufacturing organization in to building materials.

Cars fascinate me, driving liberates me. The sight of a well laid out layer of black tar gives me goosebumps and wings at the same time.

My first tryst with the odo started when as a child I used to peak the speedometer of my Dad's Chetak across his shoulders while riding pillion.

My first rendezvous with the throttle happened when I was all of 15. The sheer thrill of zooming through wide roads with air gushing through my ears is what I still remember. My current steed is a Swift VXI in glistening grey. I am in a relationship with this beauty since last 5 years or so. She has not disappointed a bit. Over the years, I have become a sedate driver and one could gauge the fact by having a feel of my Swift. The multipoint injection K-VVT is indeed a pleasure to drive.

I aspire to lay my hands on an SUV in near future though. The feel of sheer power and the joy of off-roading is what I dream of. Someday, for sure!! A travel freak, I have driven through Northern, Eastern and Western parts of country. The various travelogues here in Team-BHP are teasing me to explore South sometime soon.

Outside cars, photography is an area which I want to dig deep into. I love babysitting my infant daughter. A big fan of English Premier League and F1.

Look forward to connect more with like-minded petrol heads and garner immense knowledge along the way.

Ŕ votre santé!!
-Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 15:00   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: I am up Lord, thank you!

Welcome to Team BHP. Happy driving and posting. - Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 15:18   #3
BHPian

Welcome Pratyusk aka prince0407 aka "Kotler". Your introduction is none less than a movie directed by Mr Anurag Kashyap. Swift indeed is a very good car, but I would advise to opt for a safe car ASAP with some safety for the occupants.

Regards,
Mrinal
Chennai
Old 4th April 2018, 17:00   #4
BHPian

Welcome buddy, the Jeep Compass 4x4 should be on your short term target list for sure and i just hope you are not a Man Utd fan in the premier league (Arsenal supporter here!).. And don't bother talking about our season, i have had enough of taunts in the last 2 years (thanks to Wenger) to last a lifetime.
Old 5th April 2018, 14:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Welcome Pratyusk aka prince0407 aka "Kotler". Your introduction is none less than a movie directed by Mr Anurag Kashyap. Swift indeed is a very good car, but I would advise to opt for a safe car ASAP with some safety for the occupants.

Regards,
Mrinal
Chennai
Thanks a lot Mrinal. Dev-D happens to be one of my favorite films. Though I can't say the same about Anurag Kashyap in general.

Post the birth of my daughter, I have been contemplating to opt for a safer car, indeed. It's just that my wish list is too long and my pocket is too shallow. Creta SX (O) ticks all the boxes barring the budget one. Wish it would have been a Lakh or so cheaper. But then, a wish is a wish.

By the way, I am still a bit (scrap that, totally) dumbfounded with the "Kotler" moniker.

Regards
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 15:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAUBMW7 View Post
Welcome buddy, the Jeep Compass 4x4 should be on your short term target list for sure and i just hope you are not a Man Utd fan in the premier league (Arsenal supporter here!).. And don't bother talking about our season, i have had enough of taunts in the last 2 years (thanks to Wenger) to last a lifetime.
Thanks KAUBMW7.

Compass 4x4 at best can feature in my wish list and not in target list. I will have to sell my Swift and the drawing room of my house along with the furniture in it to afford that beast.

I will have to dash your hope and proclaim that I am indeed a born United fan. Sir Alex made me fall in love with their style, legacy and heritage. No offence to Arsenal though. "Wenger Out" is all I can say at this point.

Cheers!!
Old 6th April 2018, 10:59   #7
BHPian

Re: I am up Lord, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
Yeah, I made it. I am a proud BHPian now.
Welcome to the club, prince0407!
Quote:
Cars fascinate me, driving liberates me. The sight of a well laid out layer of black tar gives me goosebumps and wings at the same time.
This is wonderful writing! Poetic, I'd say.
Quote:
Outside cars, photography is an area which I want to dig deep into.
A big fan of English Premier League and F1.
Look(ing) forward to connect more with like-minded petrol heads and garner immense knowledge along the way.

-Pratyush
Yes. We have common interests. But first, I look forward to having a lyrical jam session.

Cheers and welcome once again!
Old 6th April 2018, 11:36   #8
BHPian

Re: I am up Lord, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
Welcome to the club, prince0407!
This is wonderful writing! Poetic, I'd say.

Yes. We have common interests. But first, I look forward to having a lyrical jam session.

Cheers and welcome once again!
Thanks CaptainPrice. I am yet to figure out whether I play with words or words play with me. But whatever it is, life must be poetic, isn't it? Don't we all drive too to break the monotony of mundane life?

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks