Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2018, 09:56   #1
BHPian

Here, better late than never

Namaste,

After several attempts, kickbacks and retrials, the mail that matters the most had arrived at my gmail. Wasted no time logging in post acceptance to get that "feel". Patted myself for this achievement. I was filled with pride for a while. I am sure all of you have experienced it, admit it .

Its been a couple of months since that cloud nine moment. Well, let me introduce the false "I"; Ramakanth. This vehicle we call the body existed at several places (Vizag, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad) before calling Bangalore its present home. Like any unrealised self, a lot of thoughts have successfully distracted "the Mind" and pushed it into a cycle. The vicious cycle called everyday life. The insatiable thirst for materialistic means to pleasure the Mind.

Ramakanth has done quite a bit of travelling both in India and abroad. Reads a lot. Walks kilometres. Sleeps for hours. Plays with no end. This restless vehicle is constantly in motion in search for something. These activities have answered a few questions. The one primal questsion that still remains, who am I? It is during this exploration the single biggest discovery happened, Ramana Maharshi. A mellowed mind is the result.

Anyway, let me feature as the "I" once again and stick to the topic. I don't own any cars yet. I use a TVS Jupter for my daily commute. My fathers 2011 Figo Ti-VCT is the car which I frequently drive. My cousins 2015 Figo TDCI, 2016 Jazz I-VTEC are the other cars that were in my radar. I was never an enthusiast and cared very little about technicalities like power, torque, RPM etc. It was just about serving a purpose; take me from point A to B. Had very little knowledge about automobiles in general before stumbling upon Team-BHP. Have been trying to propose for months without a reply. The yes I was waiting to hear came in the form of an acceptance email a couple of months back.

The greatness of this forum lies in the diversity of information. There is a lot that you can digest at your own pace. Like slow throttle inputs, I began to accelarate steadily giving great mileage. I don't claim to be an enthusiast even now. But I have a much better perspective. Clearly in my case automobiles are an acquired taste. One that has caught up with me and now refuses to calm down. So much so that I have become addicted. Thanks to the mods.
strawhat is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 11:09   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Here, better late than never

Welcome to Team-BHP, Strawhat! It's fantastic to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Ramakanth has done quite a bit of travelling both in India and abroad. Reads a lot. Walks kilometres. Sleeps for hours. Plays with no end. This restless vehicle is constantly in motion in search for something. These activities have answered a few questions. The one primal questsion that still remains, who am I? It is during this exploration the single biggest discovery happened, Ramana Maharshi. A mellowed mind is the result.
Nice intro, man.

Quote:
It was just about serving a purpose; take me from point A to B. Had very little knowledge about automobiles in general before stumbling upon Team-BHP.
You are a convert! Now, you'll go from point A -> B for the drive. Some of us believe that the journey is more important than the destination. Just see the kind of roads I experienced last weekend:

Quote:
Clearly in my case automobiles are an acquired taste. One that has caught up with me and now refuses to calm down. So much so that I have become addicted.
Let us know when you are ready to shop for your first car - we'll give you so much advice that you'll end up even more confused .
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 11:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Ramakanth. Wish you a wonderful stay here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...Just see the kind of roads I experienced last weekend..
Is that on the way to Lavasa from Pune by any chance?

I happened to have a click of a similar looking place on my bike. This was back in 2008

Here, better late than never-lavasa.jpg
Old 13th April 2018, 13:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
OT, to me that looks like Khambhatki Ghat and more so towards Satara from Pune :-).

But here's wishing happy times to strawhat on the forum, Welcome!!
Old 13th April 2018, 14:25   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
OT, to me that looks like Khambhatki Ghat and more so towards Satara from Pune
Last OT post. This was on the way to Mahabaleshwar - details here.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 13:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP, Strawhat! It's fantastic to have you with us.

Let us know when you are ready to shop for your first car - we'll give you so much advice that you'll end up even more confused .
Hehe! The confusion part is behind me actually. After a lot of digging up here, going back and forth, dilly dallying and multiple earfuls from wify, I went ahead and booked an Ecosport. I blame Team-BHP for making the decision not so obvious

Quote:
Welcome to the forum Ramakanth. Wish you a wonderful stay here
Thank you. Wish you the same. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
But here's wishing happy times to strawhat on the forum, Welcome!!
Thank you. Wish you the same. Cheers!

Last edited by strawhat : 17th April 2018 at 13:01.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 15:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Well, let me introduce the false "I"; Ramakanth. This vehicle we call the body existed at several places
Welcome to the forum. Nice and philosophical introduction. By the way, Is the entry to Team BHP given to the False "I" that existed in few places for small duration or True "Soul of I" which existed in the past eternally, currently exists, and continues to exist eternally ?

Last edited by gkveda : 17th April 2018 at 15:34.
Old 10th May 2018, 14:03   #8
BHPian

Welcome to the Team-BHP Family, strawhat!

I enjoyed reading your introduction. This style of writing will make for some interesting reads when you eventually buy a vehicle and are tempted towards writing an ownership review.

Wishing you a fun-filled time!

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks