Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2018, 18:24   #1
BHPian

Greetings everyone!

Greetings all. I'm new to the forum (clearly) so decided to go ahead and make a post introducing myself.

I actually am from Chicago and here for business related purpose. Will be staying here for another 1-2 years. My opinion on cars differ vastly from people I met on Indian car enthusiast and truly am saddened by the fact that this market doesn't actually get cars that are worth buying. Hopefully it changes in the future.

Enough of that, I currently own a 2016 VW Golf GTI producing over 423whp and 480 lb-ft of Torque. I usually race from time to time (street drag and track). Now since I'm here, I hope to buy a new Polo and try to replicate what I did to my Golf GTI and hopefully get a fun little car to drive around while I'm here.

Also those who are wondering, I will create a mod list for my car. It's based on the famous MQB platform from VW and has a 2.0 TSI engine that you can find in the Octavia RS.

Here are some pictures of the cars. I have included Stock as well as after some mods. Also in case you're wondering, yes I did all the work on the car by myself. I also included a photo of average MPG I got even after the mod. Just in case you were wondering

If you have any questions let me know!

Greetings everyone!-1.jpg

Greetings everyone!-2.jpg

Greetings everyone!-3.jpg

Greetings everyone!-4.jpg

Greetings everyone!-5.jpg

Greetings everyone!-6.jpg

Greetings everyone!-7.jpg

Greetings everyone!-8.jpg

Greetings everyone!-9.jpg

Greetings everyone!-10.jpg

Greetings everyone!-11.jpg

Greetings everyone!-12.jpg

Greetings everyone!-13.jpg

Greetings everyone!-14.jpg

Greetings everyone!-15.jpg

Greetings everyone!-16.jpg

Greetings everyone!-17.jpg

Greetings everyone!-18.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2018 at 10:20. Reason: Uploading pics as attachments
sxenimit is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 10:25   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Greetings everyone!

A warm welcome from the other side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxenimit View Post
My opinion on cars differ vastly from people I met on Indian car enthusiast and truly am saddened by the fact that this market doesn't actually get cars that are worth buying. Hopefully it changes in the future.
Actually, the scene has vastly improved in the last couple of years. We've had launches like the Abarth Punto, Octavia vRS and even the Polo GTI! In the used market, you could pick up a Cooper S for not so much money.

Quote:
Enough of that, I currently own a 2016 VW Golf GTI producing over 423whp and 480 lb-ft of Torque.
Sweet ride .

Quote:
I hope to buy a new Polo and try to replicate what I did to my Golf GTI
Since you are well familiar with cars, also consider the pre-owned segment.

Request: Please submit images only via the Team-BHP Attachment System. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:31   #3
BHPian

Hello Sxenimit,

Welcome to the community.

As a previous GTI owner, I would like to know what mods you have done in your car to get 423whp and 480 lb-ft. I'm guessing a remap + bigger turbo + complete exhaust mods etc.

Glad to know that you worked on your cars as well.

Indian scenario is still maturing and has a long way to go but you can get a few decent cars second hand.

Good luck with modding your polo, hope to read about it here.

Cheers!
Old 23rd April 2018, 18:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A warm welcome from the other side!

Actually, the scene has vastly improved in the last couple of years. We've had launches like the Abarth Punto, Octavia vRS and even the Polo GTI! In the used market, you could pick up a Cooper S for not so much money.

Sweet ride .

Since you are well familiar with cars, also consider the pre-owned segment.

Request: Please submit images only via the Team-BHP Attachment System. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.
True. However for the price Abarth Punto is definitely not a car that I would call safe by any means. While Polo GTI and Octavia vRS are amazing cars, for that price I could be getting a Golf R. If I get Octavia vRS, I could easily be getting a Golf R + $10000 more left to get that golf easily in 10's. Hopefully it will get better as more demand and production increases.

Thanks and as for your request, I learnt about it after the post. So definitely will watch out the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Hello Sxenimit,

Welcome to the community.

As a previous GTI owner, I would like to know what mods you have done in your car to get 423whp and 480 lb-ft. I'm guessing a remap + bigger turbo + complete exhaust mods etc.

Glad to know that you worked on your cars as well.

Indian scenario is still maturing and has a long way to go but you can get a few decent cars second hand.

Good luck with modding your polo, hope to read about it here.

Cheers!
Thanks for the welcome!

If you want the engine mod list here it is.

1. Akrapovic Evolution Race Line TBE Exhaust (Titanium Catless)
2. APR CAI
3. APR Turbo Inlet
4. AMS Performance Intercooler
5. Forge BOV
6. APR Turbo Muffler Delete
7. IMS820 Turbo
8. Forge Motorsports Silicon Boost Hose
9. Blackforest Stage 3 Clutch Upgrade
10. Custom Tune using COBB Tuner

Had some weight reduction as well but that only helps in drag timings not the power
Old 10th May 2018, 14:07   #5
BHPian

Welcome to the Forum, sxenimit!

It's an interesting username; I wonder how it came about.

On another note, the car looks sweet, the mods are interesting, and I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about your work on it.

Have a fun time!

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks