Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2018, 16:17   #1
BHPian

Hello, Team-BHP

This one time, I was asked by a friend for some relationship advice, I ended up saying, “A relationship with your girlfriend is like your relationship with your car, it has few traits that you can’t change, which you have to live with and few things you can tinker with, bear with her with her traits and make some adjustments where it is possible”, , thanks to you guys! People now don’t come to me for relationship advice!

Aadab from Hyderabad! This is Gulam Yezdani, a 34 year old father of 2 mischievous boys, currently working in the field of Sales and Marketing. Apart from being a petrolhead, I follow Cricket, EPL, tech news related to latest gadgets, and try loads of other things like Photography, writing short stories and poems (mostly in Telugu and Urdu), Watercolor paintings and whatever I feel like doing!

Looking forward for a wonderful time here, cheers!
tchsvy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 10:33   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello, Team-BHP

Welcome Gulam! Great to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Photography, writing short stories and poems (mostly in Telugu and Urdu), Watercolor paintings and whatever I feel like doing!
You'll fit right in to Team-BHP . The more diverse our memberbase, the more interesting our discussions will be.

You forgot the most important part of a Team-BHP intro - the car / bike you own! I see from your profile that you drive a Micra; I own its sedan sibling, the Sunny. How come you picked the petrol over the excellent diesel?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 15:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Gulam! Great to have you with us.

You'll fit right in to Team-BHP .
Thank you!

Quote:
You forgot the most important part of a Team-BHP intro - the car / bike you own! I see from your profile that you drive a Micra; I own its sedan sibling, the Sunny.
I was so overwhelmed with joy that I have forgotten to mention what I drive! Yup, I drive the tiny little Micra! In 2015, we were searching for a suitable car to replace the ageing WagonR, the requirements were to seat 2 adults and 2 kids comfortably and must be capable enough to do the weekend highway drives, initially the budget bracket was 5-5.5 lakhs and not many cars fell in that bracket. We were all set to welcome another WagonR in to the family.

But, a Nissan Micra was something that I really liked when it was initially launched, so during my search, casually landed on Nissan website and found that the Active version was within my budget, so Micra Active was added to the shortlist, until then WagonR was on the list and a Kwid was there too, but thought Kwid wasn't good enough car for the highways (Just my thoughts though, no disrespect to any Kwid owners!) hence srapped it from the list later.

One good Sunday, took test drive of both WagonR and Micra Active. After taking the WagonR for TD, we (me and my father) felt the build quality was notch down from the previous gen WagonR we had, we felt the body roll was more prominent (may be a placebo), so the WagonR did not impress us. A Nissan Showroom (Lakshmi Nissan, LB Nagar) was nearby and took the TD of Micra Active, and my father was impressed with the build quality, I was with the space on offer, compared to WagonR that is, my father said "this is it!", and I happily obliged!

Initially was going for the XV variant, for around 5.3 lakhs, but after checking with Vibrant Nissan, Secunderabad, learnt that a XV-S variant in Turquoise Blue was readily available with them and they were offering a 10 thousand December discount along with free insurance, it was coming down to 5.7 lakhs on road, thought about it, for 40 thousand extra I was getting 2 air bags, ABS, EBD+BA, and booked it the next day. After sorting out the finances took delivery on 26th December, 2015.

Quote:
How come you picked the petrol over the excellent diesel?
The Odo reads in the high 19k KMs as of today, so in two and half years we have done only 20k kms on our Micra! Read an excellent thread on Team-BHP on when a Diesel makes more sense than petrol, read it thoroughly and came to a conclusion that a Diesel doesn't make sense for my requirements.

I am really happy I picked up Micra Active, peppy it's not, uninspiring to drive, it is! With 4 on board and AC on, it struggles to pull on an incline. But, it's easy to live with, ASC experience is not as bad as I have read from other cities, returns good FE figures with light foot. And the safety features does really matter to me, as far as I remember there were at least two occasions in these two and half years where the ABS kicked in to avoid a potential incident.

As far as a two wheeler is concerned, a 2016 All new Suzuki Access takes care of my city commutes.

So, that's about my rides!

Last edited by tchsvy : 14th May 2018 at 16:18.
tchsvy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 18:21   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the Team-BHP family, Gulam.

One the lines of what GTO said, diversity is always welcome and interesting. Wishing you a wonderful Forum experience.

Cheers!

Last edited by CaptainPrice : 6th June 2018 at 18:22. Reason: Increased liveliness.
CaptainPrice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 12:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
writing short stories and poems (mostly in Telugu and Urdu)

Looking forward for a wonderful time here, cheers!
Welcome to the forum, Gulam!

Looking forward to your short stories and poems!
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed