Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2018, 17:07   #1
BHPian

Hello BHPians!

Hi everyone,

Prior to introducing myself, I am extremely thankful to the moderators for approving my membership request.

My name is Ragasruoban, I am a 20 year old bloke currently pursuing a Dual Degree(Integrated B.Tech and M.Tech) in Automotive Engineering Design from IIT Madras.

My love for cars began when I was in 4th grade, my dad bought a pre-owned Maruti 800(California Gold). From the first moment I saw it, gleaming in the sun's blinding light, my eyes were glued to it. I had fallen for that Golden beauty, hopelessly. After I got my license years later, the first thing I did was to drive her till my heart's content. And thus, began my passion for cars, and that is what got me interested in Automotive Engineering. I still drive the 18 year old car along with my new ride, the Ford Aspire S.

Hoping to have an amazing time learning from fellow enthusiasts, growing with the team and contributing to the community.

Keep Revving!
Ragasruoban is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 10:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragasruoban View Post

My name is Ragasruoban, I am a 20 year old bloke currently pursuing a Dual Degree(Integrated B.Tech and M.Tech) in Automotive Engineering Design from IIT Madras.
That is an interesting course. Is it engineering+design in one course? B.Tech and M.Tech must be a 5-year course right?

Quote:
My love for cars began when I was in 4th grade, my dad bought a pre-owned Maruti 800(California Gold).
I can relate to that. Maruti 800 was the first car at home. We got it when I was 8. I fell in love with that car. Ours was green (Exotic Green) and came with a 5-speed manual. Unfortunately, I never got to drive it. Car was sold just before I reached the legal age for driving.

Quote:
Hoping to have an amazing time learning from fellow enthusiasts, growing with the team and contributing to the community.

Keep Revving!
Looking forward to your posts. I am sure you can contribute a lot to the forum.
ChiragM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 15:39   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
That is an interesting course. Is it engineering+design in one course? B.Tech and M.Tech must be a 5-year course right?
Don't be deceived by the name, it's not just about sketching or painting. Engineering design offers a mixture of various engineering disciplines that will interest both mechanical and electrical engineer in you, along with the coding enthusiast. By the end of 2nd year, we need to choose our specialization among the given choices - Automotive and Biomedical. And yes, it is a 5-year course.

Quote:
I can relate to that. Maruti 800 was the first car at home. We got it when I was 8. I fell in love with that car. Ours was green (Exotic Green) and came with a 5-speed manual. Unfortunately, I never got to drive it. Car was sold just before I reached the legal age for driving.
Maruti 800 was the first love for many of us. Sad to hear you couldn't drive it.

Quote:
Looking forward to your posts. I am sure you can contribute a lot to the forum.
Thanks! we can contribute a lot to the forum.
Ragasruoban is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks