Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2018, 17:41   #1

A long overdue hello

I have lurking on the sidelines for years now and finally decided to post albeit with some vested interest.

My introduction to TEAM BHP started by accident years ago while searching the net for feedback on a very popular recent entry luxury sedan (by standards existing then) of mixed Slavic + Germanic origins and I have ever since thanked my stars and always deferred to the forum before making any final purchase decision. I have since never bought a car in India unless TBHP or a user has done its review.

Iam an avid car enthusiast since childhood thanks to my dad, who even at a very ripe old age looks towards an excuse to change his daily driver so that he can get his fix of the latest hatch. From him I learnt to love and care for them. Credit also goes to my uncle who introduced me to the world of Mods, performance, Rallying , repairs and Car Tech, also for gifting me a 4 year subscription to car magazines, the only other subscription that I got was Target (kids mag) and Readers Digest

It all started when I was in 1st standard, I still distinctly remember the conversation that my father was having with a close friend about getting a used Amby as the wait for a new one was quite long and the color that he wanted was not guaranteed, then came the test drives that I was taken on (among the most exiting parts of my life tile date) and eventually settling on a nearly new Amby MK3. It was a Sunday afternoon that she came home, my Sis and I were waiting with bated breath and there she came with my dad at the helm, Oh the glorious HM Shell White! This was indeed a turning point in our lives. What followed was a series of road trips, in fact till date most of our memories are encapsulated in those long road adventures that we had, tiffins that my mom packed, early morning breakfast at dhabhas, silly fights that I had with my Sis in the back seat…..along the way came adulthood and graduation from the back to the front seat and the honor of being the navigator/ companion for my dad. Responsibility was learnt by way of opening the doors for my Mom and Sis and making sure that their sari hems never fell in dirt either on their way in or out of the car, Iam the climate control that ensures that they look the way that they prepped themselves at the source and destination. There is lot more that I have learnt in cars but those we shall keep for another day

Now my days are spent travelling far and wide to pursue what I do professionally, with the benefit of having driven in many countries and countless cars. What I look forward to the most when I return are the road trips that I now take with my family and nurturing my kid’s love for cars and travel

Hello Team BHP, sharing has been fun, I shall surely post again to share my adventures….meanwhile I thank all those who have shared and thereby enriched me.
stirfriedvinyl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 17:05   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: A long overdue hello

Hey,

Welcome to Team-BHP. It's good to have you here. You've sure taken a very long time to post for the first time. Anyway, better late than never.

Nice to know that Team-BHP has been of help to you while buying your cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirfriedvinyl View Post
It all started when I was in 1st standard, I still distinctly remember the conversation that my father was having with a close friend about getting a used Amby as the wait for a new one was quite long and the color that he wanted was not guaranteed, then came the test drives that I was taken on (among the most exiting parts of my life tile date) and eventually settling on a nearly new Amby MK3. It was a Sunday afternoon that she came home, my Sis and I were waiting with bated breath and there she came with my dad at the helm, Oh the glorious HM Shell White! This was indeed a turning point in our lives. What followed was a series of road trips, in fact till date most of our memories are encapsulated in those long road adventures that we had, tiffins that my mom packed, early morning breakfast at dhabhas, silly fights that I had with my Sis in the back seat…..along the way came adulthood and graduation from the back to the front seat and the honor of being the navigator/ companion for my dad.
I've had an Amby Mk3 as well... a long time ago. Not the best car by a long shot, but we still loved it and had a lot of fun with it.

Quote:
Now my days are spent travelling far and wide to pursue what I do professionally, with the benefit of having driven in many countries and countless cars. What I look forward to the most when I return are the road trips that I now take with my family and nurturing my kid’s love for cars and travel
We'd love to hear some stories of your travels and experiences of driving in the various countries you have visit.

Trust you have already familiarised yourself with the posting rules of Team-BHP.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed