Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2018, 19:56   #1
BHPian

Made it...finally!

Hi guys, I am Vivek, surgeon by profession & heart, and a late blooming travel and automotive enthusiast. I crossed the (?)halfway mark of 40 last year and I guess it is my profession of looking inside a human body and tinkering it back to health that led to my interest in automobiles.

My line-up has included a Zen LX (11yrs and 1.25 L kms and the love of my life), Dzire VXi (6yrs and 77000kms), Eon Era+ (2 yrs and just 16000 kms) in the past and currently have the new Endeavour 3.2 AT Titanium (2yrs and 55000kms) and a Thar (1 yr and 18000 kms, and officially in my wife’s name).

My passion for getting to know automobiles started when I converted the Zen to CNG and used to tinker with the kit to modulate the pickup and FE. It was then that I found the Team-BHP site and got addicted to it. Since then, you guys have been my Harrison (read Bible) for everything on the road and then some off the road too. However, a busy professional life and change of locations from Delhi to Himachal, kept this interest at bay till about 3 yrs ago when I started looking for an upgrade to my Dzire. It was you guys at Team BHP who helped me make the huge jump in segment and price range from Dzire to the Endy, and boy I can never repay the insights you offered, starting from your review in Thailand. If not for you guys, I can truthfully say, I would not have bought the endeavour. The indebtedness, of course, continues till date and now I am glad that I shall be able to thank each one of you personally. Also, I have been dying to contribute my two bits, especially the experiences with the Endy.

Just to introduce my studs formally, the Endy is sunset red and we call him ‘HELLBOY’ and the Thar is ‘Napoli’ black and he is ‘THOR’. My wife and I love road trips and have done Delhi-Goa-Delhi (10 days) and Delhi-Spiti-Rohtang-Manali (11 days). She has participated in 2 Women’s car rallies (TSD format) over the last 2 years (Gurgaon-Jaipur & Gurgaon–Agra), in the Endy and ended up as the 1st runner up last year and won the rally this year. I got the unenviable high pressure job of being the navigator in this years rally.

I love to take my DSLR (shooting away to glory) on all my trips but am torn between driving and clicking pics (that’s when my wife slyly offers to drive so that ‘you can click beautiful photographs now’ and I unwittingly agree). Another passion is for cooking where too I love to experiment, albeit more successfully than with my cars.

Well, this just about surmises who I am and what I love.

Thanks GTO and the Mods, see you on the other side. You made my Sunday, really Sunny!

Made it...finally!-hellboy.jpg

Made it...finally!-thor.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 13th August 2018 at 07:41. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Hellzboy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 05:50   #2
BHPian

Aha. Hey welcome there. I know it's a great feeling to be onboard team bhp. Understand your joy. Being a surgeon and a recent entrant into team bhp myself. Feels like another degree if I may say so. Do write up a travelogue or ownership thread of hellboy or Thor.
Once again. Welcome.
knrn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 07:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Made it...finally!

Welcome and you are a perfect addition to the tribe!

Travel, cars, camera and food! Do we need anything else? Well Yes: The Stories! Please do post travelogues of your escapades with your "studs" especially the Endy and the Thar.

Great to note that in-spite of your such a stressful profession you are actually "living" your life!

Welcome aboard once again.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 10:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

re: Made it...finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
Another passion is for cooking where too I love to experiment, albeit more successfully than with my cars.
You name it, Team-BHP has it http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...chefs-118.html. Do give this thread a look when you are free.

Your stories would be an interesting read, please do share them. Welcome on-board and enjoy your stay
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 11:35   #5
BHPian

Re: Made it...finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Aha. Hey welcome there. I know it's a great feeling to be onboard team bhp. Understand your joy. Being a surgeon and a recent entrant into team bhp myself. Feels like another degree if I may say so. Do write up a travelogue or ownership thread of hellboy or Thor.
Once again. Welcome.
Thanks doc. It really is a great joy to come on board and I will, surely, be posting an ownership thread on both my rides, as soon as i can write them up, creatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Welcome and you are a perfect addition to the tribe!

Travel, cars, camera and food! Do we need anything else? Well Yes: The Stories! Please do post travelogues of your escapades with your "studs" especially the Endy and the Thar.

Great to note that in-spite of your such a stressful profession you are actually "living" your life!

Welcome aboard once again.
Thanks a ton Ampere. It feels really nice to be welcomed. I guess all of us strive to achieve a balance in our life and working in Himachal and travelling around helps me decrease the work-related stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You name it, Team-BHP has it http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...chefs-118.html. Do give this thread a look when you are free.

Your stories would be an interesting read, please do share them. Welcome on-board and enjoy your stay
Thanks. I never came across this discussion on the site. I will definitely add my bit of masala to it . Hopefully in the coming week or two i would have my stories out to share. Thanks once again for the warm welcome. Looking forward to happy moments with my new family.
Hellzboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 22:31   #6
BHPian

Congratulations doc and welcome to TBHP and Ford Family.

Keep posting on the Endeavour official thread in case you don't get time for review like me.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 12:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Congratulations doc and welcome to TBHP and Ford Family.

Keep posting on the Endeavour official thread in case you don't get time for review like me.
Thanks roby_dk. The posts on the Endeavour official thread have already started but i, sincerely, hope to write a review of the Endy, at least. It feels great to be part of the TBHP and Endeavour family.
Hellzboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 16:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum, Hellzboy !!!
Nice line-up of cars you have got there, especially the Zen, Thar & Endy.

Enjoy your stay here.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 17:24   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Welcome to the forum, Hellzboy !!!
Nice line-up of cars you have got there, especially the Zen, Thar & Endy.

Enjoy your stay here.
Thanks supremeBaleno. Of all the cars I have owned, the Zen has been the closest to my heart. Stylish, comfortable, sturdy and peppy I miss it. It was the car i learnt to drive on. A gift from my mother when i started my post graduation in surgery, as I used to come home very late (bus/autorikshaw at past midnight hours). Interestingly, it was kept at home for a month as i did not know how to drive and on the first couple of trips only, i with all of a surgeon's confidence reversed it, over about 50 meters and ended up with 2 long linear scratches on the side. Lesson 1 learnt
Hellzboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 22:24   #10
BHPian

Good evening Mr Vivek.
Congrats and Welcome to Team BHP, Great lineup of your garage. We share the same love i.e long drives and adventure. Great to have you here. Convey regards to family as well.
Aviatoraval is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 12:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVIATORAVAL View Post
Good evening Mr Vivek.
Congrats and Welcome to Team BHP, Great lineup of your garage. We share the same love i.e long drives and adventure. Great to have you here. Convey regards to family as well.
Hey thanks Aviatoraval. Great to be here. My brother in laws in the Air Force too (Grp Capt) and the combination of adventure and Golf is unique to the Forces. Going by your avatar pic you look like a fighter pilot. That would be so cool. Thanks once again.
Old 18th August 2018, 16:54   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks Aviatoraval. Great to be here. My brother in laws in the Air Force too (Grp Capt) and the combination of adventure and Golf is unique to the Forces. Going by your avatar pic you look like a fighter pilot. That would be so cool. Thanks once again.

Mr Vivek, This is Raval this side . Great to hear about your brother in law convey regards from my side too. I'm trying to cope up with time and zeal required to learn Golf. Avatar pic is a random click and I fly Helicopters.
Aviatoraval is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 15:51   #13

Quote:
Hi guys, I am Vivek, surgeon by profession & heart, and a late blooming travel and automotive enthusiast. I crossed the (?)halfway mark of 40 last year and I guess it is my profession of looking inside a human body and tinkering it back to health that led to my interest in automobiles.
Welcome to the world of car lovers!
Your garage has some interesting collection which shows your passion for cars.
Good to see your wife sharing the same passion (which rarely happens )

Looking forward to your valuable contribution at Team-BHP.
Gonewiththewind is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks